Flutop 40mg Tablet 10'S
By CRESCENT FORMULATIONS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flutop Tablet belongs to the antidepressant group of medications. It is used in the treatment of depression. Treatment of OCD, bulimia nervosa (eating disorder), and panic disorder are among other uses of Flutop Tablet. A persistent sense of melancholy, dissatisfaction, anger, or hopelessness that interferes with daily activities are the characteristics of depression. The chemical Fluoxetine is found in Flutop Tablet. It works by blocking serotonin, a mood-enhancing chemical messenger that communicates between brain cells, from being reabsorbed by neurons. Fluoxetine raises the serotonin levels in the synapses of neurons, which helps with mood management and depression treatment. Flutop Tablet should be taken exactly as your doctor prescribes. Flutop Tablet should be used for as long as your doctor recommends, depending on your medical problem's severity and how you respond to treatment. Insomnia (difficulty sleeping), headache, diarrhoea, nausea, fatigue, dry mouth, loss of appetite, and indigestion are common side effects of Flutop Tablet....
|You Save||₹10.45 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder, Depression, PMS|
|Side effects||Decreased appetite, Restlessness, Anxiety, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Nausea, Weight change, Photosensitivity, Muscle pain, Excessive sweating, Decreased sexual drive|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluoxetine(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Flutop 40 MG
- According to CDSCO, Flutop Tablet is used:
- In the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- In the treatment of Panic disorder
- In treating Bulimia Nervosa
- In reducing the symptoms of depression
- In Premenstrual Dysmorphic Syndrome
Contraindications of Flutop 40 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of the Flutop tablet.
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors or metoprolol.
- If you are diagnosed with bleeding disorders.
- If you've had epilepsy.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have hyponatremia.
- If you're pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Flutop 40 MG
- Decreased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Frequent urination
- Weight change
- Excessive sweating
- Decreased sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of Flutop 40 MG
Can I take Flutop Tablet during pregnancy?
No. Flutop tablet is a pregnancy Category C medication. Please check with your doctor before taking Flutop tablet. According to some reports, taking Flutop Tablet tablets during the first few months of pregnancy increases the chance of birth abnormalities affecting the heart in newborns. It may increase the chance of a dangerous disorder in babies called persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn if taken during the last three months of pregnancy (PPHN). The baby breathes faster and appears bluish in this state. As a result, it is not recommended to take Flutop Tablet tablets while pregnant. Before using this prescription, see your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Flutop Tablet while breastfeeding?
No. Breastmilk may contain residues of Flutop tablets. Before taking Flutop Tablet tablets, talk to your doctor. Your doctor will determine if Flutop tablets are safe for breastfeeding moms to consume.
Can I drive if I have taken Flutop Tablet?
While using Flutop, the patient's attentiveness is reduced. Flutop Tablet frequently produces drowsiness, which can last up to 24 hours. You should avoid driving if you're taking Flutop Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Flutop Tablet?
When using Flutop Tablet tablets, it is unsafe to drink alcohol since it increases the risk of side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, and difficulty concentrating. Avoid tasks that need mental attention if you experience these symptoms.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience symptoms of hyponatraemia.
- You lose weight.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You should not stop Flutop tablets suddenly because it might cause withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, headaches, anxiety, dizziness, sleep difficulties, irritability, and more. To avoid any unwanted side effects, your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of this prescription over time....
- You should keep a close eye on your blood pressure and sodium levels while using this medication.
Mode of Action of Flutop 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Flutop Tablet work by blocking serotonin, a mood-enhancing chemical messenger that communicates between brain cells, from being reabsorbed by neurons. Serotonin levels in the neuron synapse rise, which helps with mood management and depression treatment....
Directions for Use of Flutop 40 MG
- Flutop Tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Flutop Tablet tablets should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
- Flutop Tablet tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water; do not chew or crush the pill.
Interactions of Flutop 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Flutop Tablet prevents tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline, desipramine, imipramine, nortriptyline) from being metabolised. This results in elevated serum levels of these antidepressants.
- Flutop Tablet may produce hyponatremia. Hence taking a loop diuretic (bumetanide, furosemide, torsemide) at the same time may cause severe hyponatremia.
- Flutop Tablet inhibits serotonin reuptake, leading to serotonin syndrome when combined with a serotonin agonist (buspirone).
- Carbamazepine metabolism may be blocked by Flutop Tablet, resulting in increased carbamazepine levels and toxicity.
- When combined with this medication, paracetamol can enhance Flutop Tablet antidepressant action.
- Flutop Capsule is compatible with oral contraceptives. There have been no reported interactions between the two. However, this does not rule out the possibility of interactions. Before combining the two medications, please see your doctor....
- Cyproheptadine, a serotonin antagonist, may affect serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Flutop Tablet); watch for altered antidepressant response.
Interactions with food items
- Flutop Tablet should not be taken with St. John's wort, a herbal formulation. Other than this, medication does not interact with any edible substance. Avoid drinking alcohol when on Flutop Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Flutop 40 MG
Keep Flutop Tablet medicine in its original container. Keep the vial's cap closed tightly. Keep it cool and dry between 25 and 28 degrees Celsius in its original box. Unused medication must be properly disposed of. It must not be flushed or discarded. Make sure it is out of reach of pets, children, or others....
Dosage of Flutop 40 MG
The prescribed dose of Flutop tablets should not exceed the prescribed dosage. Using too many Flutop pills can cause side effects in rare cases. The overdose symptoms of Flutop Tablet include tachycardia, drowsiness, tremor, nausea, and vomiting....
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose of Flutop, make sure to obtain it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dosage of Flutop Tablet, return to the regular schedule if the dose is delayed and it's time for the next dose. Do not take two pills of Flutop Tablet to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it true that Flutop tablets make you sleepy?
A: Somnolence (sleepiness) is a typical Flutop 4 tablets adverse effect. Flutop tablets, on the other hand, can induce various sleep issues such as insomnia (inability to sleep) and strange nightmares. If you have sleep problems while taking Flutop tablets, consult your doctor.
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking Flutop Tablet tablets?
A: Flutop tablets should not be stopped without consulting your doctor, as withdrawal symptoms may occur. Continue taking Flutop tablets for as long as suggested to an effective cure.
Q: Is it true that the Flutop tablets make you habituated to the medicine?
A: Yes. As per studies, it can cause an undesirable effect if Flutop tablets are stopped abruptly. But, in the long term, after weaning off the medicine you can be fine. Before stopping Flutop Tablet, you should consult your doctor.
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J) [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2022 Mar 10];80(5 Suppl):S18998. Available from
- Drugs.com. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Fluoxetine 10 mFilm-coateded Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Contents of the pack and other information Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufacturer [Internet]. Org.uk. 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE USER FLUOXETINE 20 mg CAPSULES [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- Package leaflet: Information for the user [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.