Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flexon Tablet contains a combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol as its active ingredients. It is used for headache, migraine, neuralgia, toothache, sore throat, period pains, cold and fever. It helps to relieve sprains, strain, muscle ache, post-surgery pain and musculoskeletal pain.
Uses of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
Flexon Tablet is used to provide relief from mild to moderate pain, inflammation and fever associated with various conditions.
Contraindications of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, paracetamol or any other ingredients of Flexon tablet.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction due to pain killers like aspirin, etc.
- If you are taking medicines containing paracetamol or ibuprofen or other pain medicines.
- If you have a history of ulcers or bleeding in the digestive tract.
- If you have an active clotting disorder or disorder related the blood supply to the brain.
- If you are experiencing a fluid loss (due to vomiting, diarrhoea or not drinking enough fluids).
- If you have kidney or liver function problem.
- If you are pregnant (last trimester), it should not be given to children under 12 years of age (<40kgs).
Side effects of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Excessive sweating
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Flexon Tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy. The medicine hampers the growth of the foetus and causes heart and kidney-related problems in the baby. It delays the labour and increases the duration as both mother and baby are at risk of bleeding disorders if consumed. Women who are trying to conceive and taking infertility treatment should avoid the medicine.
Can I take the Flexon Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into breast milk in low concentrations and may not be harmful to the breastfed baby. It is used for short durations and at the lowest possible dose if you are breastfeeding the baby.
Can I drive after consuming the Flexon Tablet?
Experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbances after taking Flexon Tablet, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Flexon Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol along with Flexon Tablet. It increases the risk of liver disease and stomach bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person.
- You may have high blood pressure or heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Experience stomach bleeding and ulcers after taking the medicine.
- You have a history of or suffer from asthma & nasal allergy.
- You may suffer from an immune disorder, where your immune system acts against the body tissues.
- You may have a hereditary disorder like G6PD deficiency or porphyria (blood disorders).
- If an alcoholic or recently had surgery.
- You are trying to conceive, you should discontinue the medicine.
- You may develop skin allergies like rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- Flexon Tablet must not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) that reduces the production of certain chemicals within the body and thus helps in relieving inflammation and pain.
- Paracetamol is an antipyretic and an analgesic. It acts on the brain and blocks certain chemical messengers in the brain that tell us that we have pain. Paracetamol also reduces your temperature when you have a fever.Read less
Directions for Use of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
Swallow this tablet with a full glass of water. This medicine can be taken with or without meals but if you have a sensitive stomach, it should preferably be taken with meals.
Interactions of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Flexon Tablet works or Flexon Tablet itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interactions.
- If taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
- There is a risk of bleeding if taking medicines to thin the blood like warfarin and coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if taking the medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin.
Storage and disposal of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flexon Strip Of 15 Tablets
Taking Flexon tablet can cause symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitement, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits, difficulty in breathing & weight loss. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of this medicine, if you have missed a dose. Take the next dose as soon as you remember. A minimum of 6-hour gap is recommended between the 2 doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Flexon Tablet addictive?
A: No, Flexon medicine is not addictive but avoid giving the medicine if anyone else has the same condition as you.
Q: What are COX inhibitors? Is Flexon Tablet a COX inhibitor?
A: COX or cyclooxygenase inhibitors blocks cyclooxygenase which secretes substances in injury or illness that promote pain and inflammation. There are 2 forms of the enzyme called COX-1 and COX-2. While some medicines selectively inhibit COX-1 (aspirin, indomethacin) or COX-2 (etoricoxib, valdecoxib), Flexon Tablet inhibits both enzymes. It increases the intensity of adverse effects when used in combination with other COX inhibitors and hence caution is advised.
Q: About the medicine, I must know before taking the Flexon medicine?
A: There should be a minimum 6-hour gap between the 2 tablets of Flexon Tablet and should not take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours. It is not recommended to use the medicine for more than 4 days on self-prescription. If you have used it for a longer period, consult the doctor. The medicine must not be used in children below 12 years of age and who weigh less than 40 kg. (if >12 yrs old).
Q: Why do pain killers cause gastrointestinal bleeding?
A: Pain killers (NSAIDs) irritate or damage linings of the stomach which causes stomach bleeding. This lead formation of ulcers or perforation. However, this does not occur in normal doses and is especially a concern if taking pain killers for a prolonged period or using them more than regular. Gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers and perforation are higher with higher doses.
Q: Can Flexon Tablet be used for a headache?
A: Yes, Flexon Tablet is used to treat a headache.
Q: When should I take the Flexon Tablet?
A: Take the Flexon medicine as instructed by the doctor. It must be taken with meals to avoid an upset stomach. It is advised to take the medicine only if you experience pain and fever.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹4.81 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ibuprofen(400.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain, inflammation, fever|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, indigestion, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Additional Rs.150 off on 1st medicine order
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved