Flexon Mr Tablet
Flexon MR tablet is a pain-relieving medicine. It relieves pain, inflammation and swelling associated with muscles, joints and bones. It is also used to relieve pain after operations and surgeries. F
exon MR is a combination medicine containing paracetamol, chlorzoxazone and ibuprofen as its active ingredients. It has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant action. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of chemical substances in response to pain and inflammation. Thus, it eases the pain sensation, relaxes the muscles and reduces inflammation. Tablet Flexon MR can be taken with or without food, but take it with food to avoid an upset stomach. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose of this medicine. In case there is no improvement in your condition, reach out to your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. You should also inform the treating doctor about all the existing medicines and supplements you are taking and the conditions or diseases before starting the Flexon MR tablet.
|You Save||₹3.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorzoxazone(250.0 Mg) + Ibuprofen(400.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Musculoskeletal pain, swelling and spasm|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, indigestion, dizziness, drowsiness|
Uses of FLEXON MR TABLET
- Pain-related to muscle, joint and bones.
- Sports injury, sprain and strain.
- Postoperative pain and trauma.
Contraindications of FLEXON MR TABLET
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, ibuprofen, chlorzoxazone or any component of this tablet Flexon MR.
- If you are using any other medication containing paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- If you have a history of allergic asthma or breathing issue due to the use of pain killers.
- If you have ulcers or are prone to have ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- If you have any disorders associated with blood clotting.
- If you have severe heart, kidney or liver-related disorders.
- If you are using other pain killers similar to Ibuprofen like celecoxib, and rofecoxib.
- If you are in the third trimester of your pregnancy.
- If you have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
Side effects of FLEXON MR TABLET
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of FLEXON MR TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders.
- You are using any other pain killers containing paracetamol.
- You are an elderly patient with a risk of side effects.
- You have asthma or have a history of asthma.
- You have a systemic Lupus erythematosus, a disorder characterised by severe weakness, joint pain and rash.
- You have high blood pressure or any heart-related disorders.
- You develop ulcers or bleeding in the digestive system.
- You experience redness and skin peeling all over the body or develop Stevens-Johnson syndrome, characterised by flu-like symptoms, rash and blisters.
Directions for Use of FLEXON MR TABLET
- Flexon MR tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of FLEXON MR TABLET
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of FLEXON MR TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of FLEXON MR TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Flexon MR tablet works by the combined action of its three components.
- Ibuprofen and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation, thus offering anti-inflammatory properties.
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant which works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Interactions of FLEXON MR TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Flexon MR works or the Flexon MR itself can interfere with the action of other medicines if taken along.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of the Flexon MR tablet with other medicines containing paracetamol, aspirin or other painkillers can increase the risk of side effects.
- Use of the Flexon MR tablet with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicine used to treat high blood pressure like enalapril, quinapril, losartan, telmisartan, when used along with Flexon MR, can increase the risk of kidney problems.
- Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure, when used along with this tablet, can worsen the heart's condition. Cyclosporine, tacrolimus and methotrexate, if taken along with the Flexon MR, can increase the risk of a kidney-related problem....
- Mifepristone, a medicine acting on the uterus, should not be used with this medicine as the effect of Mifepristone may be decreased.
- Other medicines such as certain steroids, medicines used for the brain-related condition, certain antibiotics and certain antiviral medicines should be used cautiously.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Flexon MR on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I use Flexon MR tablet for chest pain?
Q: Can I take Flexon MR tablet for toothaches?
Q: Can I use Flexon MR tablet in gum swelling?
Q: Can I use Flexon MR tablet for heart problems?
Q: Can I give Flexon MR tablet to my child?
Q: Is Flexon and Flexon MR different?
Q: Can I use Flexon MR tablet for nerve pain?
Q: Is Flexon MR tablet good for back pain?
- Anadin Paracetamol tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- DailyMed - CHLORZOXAZONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- Anadin Ibuprofen 200 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]