Flexon Mr Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flexon MR tablet is used to provide symptomatic relief from pain, inflammation, and swelling associated with joints and bones. It is also used to relieve pain after operations and surgeries. It helps in reducing Migraine, back pain, toothache, arthritic pain, menstrual pain, throat pain, and fever. Flexon MR tablet contains a combination of Paracetamol, Chlorzoxazone, and Ibuprofen. This medicine is for adults and is not recommended for children, pregnant women, and lactating mothers. Flexon MR tablet should be taken with food to avoid side effects. In case you experience any side effects, or you feel any discomfort after consuming this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Flexon Mr Tablet
- For the short term treatment of musculoskeletal pain associated with inflammation and spasm in adults only
Contraindications of Flexon Mr Tablet
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Chlorzoxazone or any component of this tablet.
- If you are using any other medication containing Paracetamol or Ibuprofen.
- If you have a history of allergic asthma or breathing issue due to the use of pain killers.
- If you have ulcers or are prone to have ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- If you have any disorders associated with blood clotting.
- If you have severe heart, kidney or liver-related disorders.
- If you are using other pain killers similar to Ibuprofen like Celecoxib, and Rofecoxib.
- If you are in the third trimester of your pregnancy.
- If you have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
Side effects of Flexon Mr Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Sweating excessively
Precautions and Warnings of Flexon Mr Tablet
Can I take Flexon MR tab during pregnancy?
- Flexon MR tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. It should not be used, especially in the third trimester, as the newborn baby may have birth defects associated with the heart.
- This medicine may also delay the labour and increase the risk of bleeding for the mother and the child. Hence, it should not be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Flexon MR tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Flexon MR tablets pass into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flexon MR tab?
Flexon MR tablets tend to cause drowsiness and dizziness, which may affect the ability to drive. Hence, it is not advisable to drive after using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Flexon MR tab?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol with Flexon MR tablet as it increases the risk if liver disorder and unwanted side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders.
- You are using any other pain killers containing paracetamol.
- You are an elderly patient as there is a risk of getting side effects.
- You have asthma or have a history of asthma.
- You have a systemic Lupus erythematosus, a disorder characterised by severe weakness, joint pain and rash.
- You have high blood pressure or any heart-related disorders.
- You develop ulcers or bleeding in the digestive system.
- You experience redness and peeling of skin all over the body or develop Stevens-Johnson syndrome, characterised by flu-like symptoms, rash, and blisters.
Mode of Action of Flexon Mr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Flexon MR tablet works by the combined action of its three components
- Ibuprofen and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory property
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant which works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness
Directions for Use of Flexon Mr Tablet
- Flexon MR tablet should be taken with food.
- It should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Interactions of Flexon Mr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Flexon MR tablet with other medicines containing Paracetamol, Aspirin or other painkillers can increase the risk of side effects.
- Use of Flexon MR tablet with blood thinners like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicine used to treat high blood pressure like Enalapril, Quinapril, Losartan, Telmisartan when used along with Flexon MR, can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure when used along with this tablet, can worsen the heart's condition. Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus, and Methotrexate if taken along with Flexon MR can increase the risk of kidney-related disorders.Read less
- Steroids like Betamethasone and Prednisone can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcer formation with this tablet.
- Lithium, a medicine used for brain-related disorders, when taken with Flexon MR tablet can enhance the effect of Lithium.
- Mifepristone, a medicine acting on uterus should not be used with this medicine as the effect of Mifepristone may be decreased.
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Levofloxacin can increase the risk of fits when used together with Flexon MR tablet.
- Zidovudine, an antiviral medicine when used concomitantly with Flexon MR tablet can increase the risk of bleeding in the joints.
Storage and disposal of Flexon Mr Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Flexon Mr Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Flexon MR tablets include vomiting, diarrhoea, ringing in the ear, extreme weakness, and shortness of breath. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. A significant overdose can also cause damage to the liver.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Flexon MR tablet to my child?
A: No, Flexon MR tablet is not recommended for children. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting a child specialist.
Q: Can I take Flexon MR tablet with milk or curd?
A: There is no information available in this regard. Please take it as advised by your doctor.
Q: Is Flexon and Flexon MR different?
A: Yes, Flexon and Flexon MR are two different medicines. Flexon tablet contains two components, namely Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. It is used to provide relief from pain and also lower fever and inflammation. Flexon MR contains three components, namely Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, and Chlorzoxazone. Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant. Flexon MR helps relieve musculoskeletal pain and swelling associated with a sprain, muscle spasm, or muscle injuries like a twist in the ankle, muscle cramps, etc.
Q: Can I use Flexon MR tablet for nerve pain?
A: No, Flexon MR tablet is not useful in nerve-related pain and should only be used for what it has been prescribed. Also, nerve pain could be due to nerve damage or neuropathy. Therefore, you should not use Flexon MR for such pain.
Q: Is Flexon MR tablet good for back pain?
A: Yes, it is effective in relieving pain and discomfort associated with back pain.
A: Can I use Flexon MR tablet for chest pain?
A: No, it is not recommended to use for chest pain. Chest pain can occur due to various reasons. Hence, it is important to consult a doctor before using any medicine for chest pain. Self-medication should be avoided.
A: Can I use Flexon MR Tablet for tooth pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for tooth pain.
|You Save||₹3.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorzoxazone(250.0 Mg),Ibuprofen(400.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Muscular pain and swelling|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, indigestion, dizziness, drowsiness|
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved