Epitril 2mg Tablets
Epitril 2 MG Description
Epitril 2mg Tab contains clonazepam as its active component. It belongs to the group of medicines known as antiepileptics. It primarily aids in the treatment of psychiatric ailments like anxiety diso
ders, panic disorders, epileptic fits or seizures and cases of mild sleep disorders. Anxiety disorders present themselves as deep, strong and sustained feelings of worry, fear and indecisiveness in daily life activities, which hampers a person's social and mental progress. It can lead to clinical depression if not treated in time. Epilepsy is a brain disorder caused by abnormal overactivity in the brain tissues. It is characterised by seizures and uncontrolled body movements. Epitril 2mg Tab carries the risk of habit formation over prolonged use. Therefore regular monitoring of patients, especially those with a known history of substance abuse, is a must. Suddenly stopping Epitril 2mg Tab carries the risk of causing withdrawal syndrome (dizziness, sleep problems, excessive sweating or fainting); therefore, consultation with a physician is a must before stopping this medicine.
|You Save||₹14.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||anxiety disorder, panic disorder, epilepsy, seizures, sleep problems.|
|Side effects||nausea, dizziness, confusion, memory loss, uncoordinated thinking, uncontrolled muscle movements.|
Uses of Epitril 2 MG
- Epitril 2mg Tab is used in,
- Treatment of social anxiety disorder
- Treatment of panic attacks
- Treatment of sleep disorders
- Treatment of seizures
- Treatment of epilepsy
Contraindications of Epitril 2 MG
- If you have a known allergy to the active or inactive components of Epitril 2mg Tab
- If you have kidney problems
- If you have liver disease
- If you have lung disease
- If you have heart ailments
- If you have been diagnosed with severe sleep disorders
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have asthma
- If you have wide-angle glaucoma
- If you have closed-angle glaucoma
- If you have bipolar disorder
- If you have a history of substance abuse
Side effects of Epitril 2 MG
- Rapid heart rate
- Uncoordinated thoughts and actions
- Memory recollection problems
Precautions and Warnings of Epitril 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience/develop an allergy after taking Epitril 2mg Tab.
- You experience side effects that are too severe, hamper your daily life and do not seem to go away.
- You want to stop taking Epitril 2mg Tab.
- You want to alter the dose of Epitril 2mg Tab.
- You missed a dose/doses of Epitril 2mg Tab.
- You experience any other medical issues after taking Epitril 2mg Tab.
Mode of Action of Epitril 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epitril 2 MG
- Swallow Epitril 2mg Tab as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it.
- Epitril 2mg Tab can be taken with /without food.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take the recommended dosage of Epitril 2mg Tab at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not alter the dose of Epitril 2mg Tab without consultation with your physician.
- Do not stop taking Epitril 2mg Tab suddenly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms like dizziness, headaches, and sleep problems.
- Do not share Epitril 2mg Tab with anyone you know who has similar symptoms.
Interactions of Epitril 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid adverse effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- The following medications may cause adverse reactions if given along with Epitril 2mg Tab:
- NSAIDs (aspirin) and anticoagulants (warfarin) - can increase the risk of bleeding episodes.
- Sedatives/hypnotics - can increase the risk of breathing problems.
- Cimetidine (gastric reflux medication) and Epitril 2mg Tab - cause severe side effects like confusion, dizziness and fatigue.
- Oxycodone (opioid) - can cause breathing difficulties, which, if not managed properly, can be fatal.
- Rifampicin( anti-tuberculosis) - can cause severe liver problems.
- Sodium oxybate (used in the treatment of excessive daytime sleep) and Epitril 2mg Tab - may cause serious side effects like breathing difficulties, low blood pressure, coma, or it can even be fatal
Interactions with food items
- Caffeine may reduce the calming effect of Epitril 2mg Tab. Therefore, it is advised to consume tea, chocolates or coffee as little as possible.
- Do not consume alcohol while on therapy with Epitril 2mg Tab as it can increase the severity of side effects like confused thinking, nausea and dizziness.
- Epitril 2mg Tab does not have any other specific adverse food reactions. A balanced diet is advised while taking any psychiatric medication.
Storage and disposal of Epitril 2 MG
Dosage of Epitril 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Epitril 2mg Tab during the daytime?
Q: Can I take Epitril 2mg Tab if I have a history of kidney disease?
Q: Can I give it to my friend who has anxiety issues?
- Anderson, K. N., & Shneerson, J. M. (2009). Drug treatment of REM sleep behavior disorder: the use of drug therapies other than clonazepam. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine: JCSM: Official Publication of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 5(3), 235–239.
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report. (2013). Reactions Weekly, 1440(1), 13–13
- Klonopin (clonazepam) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more. (2021, February 11). Http://Reference.Medscape.Com.