Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dytor 5 MG Description
Dytor 5 tablet is used for removing excess water retained by the body in conditions of liver, heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. It contains torasemide, a diuretic or water pill as the
active ingredient. Torasemide in Dytor works by removing the excess fluid from the body by acting on the kidneys. It helps manage the symptoms like swelling in different body parts such as the face, legs, arms, abdominal wall and around the lungs. Dytor 5 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not miss or stop taking this medicine on your own. Sudden stopping of Dytor 5 can lead to worsening of the health condition. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Dytor 5 tablet.
|You Save||₹9.78 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Torasemide / Torsemide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and edema|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Uses of Dytor 5 MG
Contraindications of Dytor 5 MG
- If you are allergic to torasemide or any other ingredients of Dytor 5 tablet.
- If you are allergic to sulphonylureas like Chlorpropamide and Glimepiride.
- If you have problems with your heart.
- If you have problems with your kidney or liver.
- If you have taken certain medicines and it has caused you liver problems.
- If you have a low blood volume.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you are taking aminoglycoside antibiotics like Gentamicin and Streptomycin.
Side effects of Dytor 5 MG
- Muscle pain
- Stomach pain
- Loss of energy
- Loss of appetite
- Body fluid and electrolyte imbalance like low levels of sodium
Precautions and Warnings of Dytor 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to torsemide the active ingredient in Dytor 5 mg tablets.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have dehydration, salt imbalance or problems passing urine. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You have gout, frequent monitoring of uric acid levels is advised.
- You a diabetic, then regular monitoring of glucose is needed.
- You are expected to monitor salt levels, glucose, uric acid and lipid levels regularly if you have been prescribed this medicine for long-term treatment.
- You are dehydrated.
Mode of Action of Dytor 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dytor 5 MG
- Dytor 5 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dytor 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Dytor 5 tablet can increase the side effects of antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamycin, Cephalexin, Ceftriaxone and medicines for brain disorder such as lithium and cancer medicine like Cisplatin if taken along...
- Concomitant use of torasemide with medicines like Indomethacin, Ibuprofen used to treat inflammatory diseases and probenecid used to treat gout may lower the effects of torasemide
- Concomitant use of torasemide with other medicines used for high blood pressure like Captopril and Lisinopril can lower the blood pressure abruptly
- Dytor 5 tablet when taken along with certain muscle relaxants and theophylline which used to treat asthma, can lead to reduced efficiency
- Dytor 5 tablet can reduce the blood sugar lowering action of antidiabetics and increase the toxicity of aspirin
- Other medicines like adrenaline, noradrenaline used to treat high blood pressure, lithium used to treat mental health and digoxin used to treat heart failure should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Dytor 5 MG
- Store Dytor 5 tablet at room temprature away from sunlight
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed
Dosage of Dytor 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Dytor 5 tablet on my own if I feel better?
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: What should I do if I have dizziness after taking Dytor 5 tablet?
Q: Can Dytor 5 tablet be taken everyday?
Q: What is Dytor 5?
Q: Can I experience Diarrhoea after taking Dytor 5 mg tablets?
Q: Why am I asked to monitor my electrolyte balance while on Dytor 5 mg tablets?
Q: What is the difference between Dytor plus and Dytor 5?
Q: Does Dytor 5 affect the kidney?
Q: How long does it take for Dytor to work?
Q: Does Dytor increase urination?
Q: Can I take the Dytor 5 on an empty stomach?
- Torem- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Torem- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Torsemide (Oral Route) - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]