Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Dytor 5 Tablet contains torasemide. It belongs to a class of medicines called diuretics or water pills. Dytor 5 Tablet is used for removing excess of water retained by body in conditions liver, heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. It works by removing the excess fluid from the body by acting on the kidneys. It helps manage the symptoms like swelling in different body parts such as face, legs, arms, abdominal wall, breathlessness and fatigue.
Uses of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dytor 5 Tablet is used treat high blood pressure and conditions of excess fluid retention in the body due to heart failure, kidney or liver diseases.
Contraindications of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to sulphonylureas like Chlorpropamide and Glimepiride
- If you have problems with your heart
- If you have problems with your kidney or liver
- If you have taken certain medicines and it has caused you liver problems
- If you have a low blood volume
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you are taking aminoglycoside antibiotics like Gentamicin and Streptomycin
Side effects of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Headache, dizziness and muscle pain
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation and stomach pain
- Fatigue, loss of energy and loss of appetite
- Body fluid and electrolyte imbalance like low levels of sodium
Precautions and Warnings of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Dytor 5 Tablet during pregnancy?
Dytor 5 Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about it's safety. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor.
Can I take Dytor 5 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk and it's effects on the breastfed baby. Hence, it should not be used in breast-feeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dytor 5 Tablet?
Dytor 5 Tablet may make you dizzy and hence you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Dytor 5 Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness. Also, in conditions of kidney failure, heart failure and hepatic problems, alcohol is known to worsen the diseased state. Therefore, it should be better avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have dehydration, salt imbalance or problems with passing urine, have adequate about of water and fluids
- If you have gout, frequent monitoring of uric acid levels is advised
- If you a diabetic then regular monitoring of glucose is needed
- You are expected to monitor salt levels, glucose, uric acid and lipid levels regularly if you have been prescribed this medicine for long term treatment
Mode of Action of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Dytor 5 Tablet acts on the kidneys to eliminate the excess of water and salt from the body. Though, it removes excess of water and salt from the body and does not affect the normal electrolyte and acid-base balance of the body.
Directions for Use of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Dytor 5 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- Take it everyday at the same time
- You should take it regularly without fail as directed by your doctor
Interactions of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Dytor 5 Tablet can increase the side effects of antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamycin, Cephalexin, Ceftriaxone and medicines for brain disorder such as lithium and cancer medicine like Cisplatin if taken alongread less
- Concomitant use of torasemide with medicines like Indomethacin, Ibuprofen used to treat inflammatory diseases and probenecid used to treat gout may lower the effects of torasemide
- Concomitant use of torasemide with other medicines used for high blood pressure like Captopril and Lisinopril can lower the blood pressure abruptly
- Dytor 5 Tablet when taken along with certain muscle relaxants and theophylline which used to treat asthma, can lead to reduced efficiency
- Dytor 5 Tablet can reduce the blood sugar lowering action of antidiabetics and increase the toxicity of aspirin
- Other medicines like adrenaline, noradrenaline used to treat high blood pressure, lithium used to treat mental health and digoxin used to treat heart failure should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Dytor 5 Tablet at room temprature away from sunlight
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed
Dosage of Dytor 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Dytor 5 Tablets are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, sleepiness, confusion, low blood pressure, unconsciousness, dehydration, low sodium and low blood potassium
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take Dytor 5 Tablet as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Dytor 5 Tablet on my own if I feel better?
A: No, you should never stop taking Dytor 5 Tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: What should I do if I have dizziness after taking Dytor 5 Tablet?
A: Dizziness, light headedness or fainting may occur, especially when you get up suddenly from a lying or sitting position. Slowly getting up may help. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with your doctor.
Q: Can Dytor 5 Tablet be taken everyday?
A: Based on your underlying condition, your doctor will prescribe it to you for few days or prolonged duration. Take daily only if the doctor has prescribed it to you, visit regularly your doctor to get your blood pressure checked.
Q: What is Dytor 5?
A: It is a medicine that helps control high blood pressure and edema by removing excess of fluid from the body.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved