Dolozox Tablet Description
Dolozox Tablet contains a combination of three medicines Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone. It is used for the treatment of painful muscle spasm associated with musculoskeletal conditions and
to reduce swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. Dolozox Tablet works by interfering with the production of chemicals responsible for inflammatory reactions such as prostaglandin and relaxes the muscles by painful signals to brains from the site of pain. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Do not take this medicine for relieving pain before, during or after cardiac bypass surgery. Common side effects associated with Dolozox Tablet are nausea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue, these are temporary and go away on their own. If there you feel any allergic reaction or the side effects persist then inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹9.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Diclofenac(50.0 Mg) + Chlorzoxazone(250.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
- D Fresh Mr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Smart Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.00₹ 46.758.77% CHEAPER₹ 4.68/Tablet
Uses of Dolozox Tablet
Contraindications of Dolozox Tablet
- If you are allergic to Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Chlorzoxazone or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant or elderly. (65 years of age or older)
- If you are experiencing bleeding from the stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer.
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- This medicine should not be used for relieving pain before, during and after bypass surgery of the heart.
Side effects of Dolozox Tablet
- Liver problem
Precautions and Warnings of Dolozox Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you are passing black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have Systemic lupus erththramoses (an autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic. Then, concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Dolozox Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Dolozox Tablet works by the combined action of its three components. Diclofenac and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory properties. ...
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant that works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Directions for Use of Dolozox Tablet
Interactions of Dolozox Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect.
- Medicines like water pills can lead to kidney damage when taken along with it.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure.
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate. Discuss with your doctor before starting the treatment.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplants like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam should be used with caution as Myospaz Forte can increase the side effects of these medicines....
- Medicine used to treat gout-like Probenecid, medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Dolozox Tablet
- Dolozox Tablet should be store below 30°C
- It should be kept away from moisture and heat
Dosage of Dolozox Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
Q: Can I take Dolozox Tablet for a toothache?
Q: How do Dolozox Tablet tablets work?
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Dolozox Tablet?
- Bluecross Laboratories. Diclofenac+Paracetamol+Chlorzoxazone. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- Ciplamed. CIP-ZOX Tablets. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- Dailymed. Chlorzoxazone. PI. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. Diclofenac. SmPC. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. Paracetamol. SmPC. [Accessed on 14-oct-2020] (online)