Corcium D3 Tablet
Corcium D3 Tablet Description
Shelcal 500 Tablet is a vitamin and mineral supplement. It contains calcium and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol /colecalciferol) as the main ingredient. Calcium and Vitamin D3 are two crucial components
for maintaining healthy bones and joints. The deficiency of these two nutrients can lead to bone and joint-related disorders. Shelcal 500 is a nutritional supplement and should not be treated as a substitute for a balanced diet. You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any component of it, have a kidney-related problem or increased level of vitamin D in the body.
|Contains||Calcium(500.0 Mg) + Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(400.0 Iu)|
|Therapy||CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION|
- Coecoral D3 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 231.00₹ 196.35₹ 13.09/Tablet
Uses of Corcium D3 Tablet
- For treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency
- For treatment of osteoporosis
- In special populations like elderly, pregnancy, breast feeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements
Side effects of Corcium D3 Tablet
- Vomiting, nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling thirsty
- Bone pain
- Stomach pain
- Frequent urination
- Muscle weakness
- High level of calcium in urine
Precautions and Warnings of Corcium D3 Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to vitamin D, calcium or any other ingredients of this medicine, do not take in this case
- Do not take it if you have high level of calcium or vitamin D in blood, high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bed ridden
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues)
- You are suffering from malabsorption
- You have kidney problems or blood cancer
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium
- You have high levels of cholesterol, then caution is needed
- Never take thyroid medicine and this product together
Ingredients and Benefits of Corcium D3 Tablet
- Calcium: It is essential for functioning of like nerve, muscles, cells and bone strength.
- Vitamin D3: It increases the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine. It is crucial for bone strength. Due to lack of vitamin D, you may experience fractures, muscle pain, weakness.
Directions for Use of Corcium D3 Tablet
- Take this medicine as your doctor has advised you.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- This vitamin is known to accumulated in the fat and liver, so excessive use or use for prolonged period can be detrimental.
- Do not take too much of this medicine as this may lead to overdose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are good source of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to sun.
- Sun exposure drom 10 am to 3pm atleast twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
- With current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air conditioned offices, houses and cars; with hardly any exposure to the sun.
- This is leading to increased vitamin D deficinecy in all age groups and more fractures, mucle weakness.
- There is lot of research happening suggesting that vitamin D may have role in preventing onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
Q: This is health supplement, can it be harmful if I take it too much?
- Yes taking too much can be harmful. There is a misconception that too much of vitamins is not harmful.
- When taken in excess or in high doses for too long excessive vitamin D and calcium can cause overdose.
- Overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in blood, urine, muscle weakness, irregular heart beat.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately
Q: What is the use of Corcium D3?
Q: When should you take Corcium?
- ALCI-D- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- CALCI-D- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin D [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CAL360 [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 2 May 2022]