Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Combiflam tablet is a pain-relieving medicine. It is a combination medicine containing ibuprofen and paracetamol as its active component. Combiflam is used to relieve headache, toothache, body ache mu
scle pain, joint pain and to reduce fever. Combiflam works by the combined action of its two components and inhibits the formation of the certain chemical responsible for pain and inflammation. Take this medicine as recommended by your doctor preferably after meals. You should not take more than 3 tablets of combiflam in any 24-hour period....
Uses of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
Combiflam Tablet is used to relieve headache, toothache, body ache, muscle & joint pain and to reduce fever.
Contraindications of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, paracetamol or any other ingredients of Combiflam tablet.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction due to pain killers like aspirin, etc.
- If you are taking medicines containing paracetamol or ibuprofen or other pain medicines.
- If you have a history of ulcers or bleeding in the digestive tract.
- If you have an active clotting disorder or disorders related to the blood supply to the brain.
- If you are experiencing a fluid loss (due to vomiting, diarrhoea or not drinking enough fluids).
- If you have kidney or liver function problem.
- If you are pregnant (last trimester), should not be given to children under 12 years of age (<40kgs).
Side effects of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
Can I take the Combiflam tablet during pregnancy?
Combiflam Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant and take the Combiflam tablet under medical supervision if required.
Can I take the Combiflam tablet while breastfeeding?
Combiflam Tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding women. Always inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding your child and take this medicine under medical supervision if required.
Can I drive after consuming the Combiflam tablet?
If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbances after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol while taking the Combiflam tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol along with Combiflam tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person.
- You have high blood pressure or heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- You develop stomach bleeding and ulcers after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of or you suffer from asthma and nasal allergy.
- You suffer from an immune disorder, where the immune system acts against the body tissues.
- You have a hereditary disorder like G6PD deficiency or porphyria (blood disorders).
- You are an alcoholic or had major surgery.
- You are trying to conceive, you must discontinue this medicine.
- You develop skin allergies like rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
Mode of Action of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Our body has a naturally present enzyme cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes it aid in the formation of certain chemicals called prostaglandins which act as a body defence mechanism, when there is an injury.Prostaglandins are responsible for causing pain, inflammation, swelling and redness....Read more
- Combiflam tablets work by inhibiting the effects of the cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes, thus bringing relief from pain and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
Swallow Combiflam tablet with a glass of water, do not crush or chew the tablet. The tablets should be taken along with your meal or after, but never on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines containing paracetamol must not be consumed while taking Combiflam, as there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Some medicines affect the way Combiflam tablet works or Combiflam tablet itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are using medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are using medicines to thin the blood like warfarin and coumarin.
- There is an increased risk of fits if you are using this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin.
Storage and disposal of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep Combiflam out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
Taking Combiflam tablet in high doses may result in symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, low blood pressure,etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, co
ntact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of Combiflam tablet, if you have missed a dose. Take the next dose as soon as you remember. A minimum 6-hour gap is recommended between the 2 doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Combiflam tablets addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive. Avoid giving this medicine if anyone else has the same condition as you.
Q: What are COX inhibitors? Is Combi flam tablet a COX inhibitor?
A: COX or cyclooxygenase inhibitors block the enzyme cyclooxygenase, which is a naturally occurring enzyme aids in the formation of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are responsible for causing pain, inflammation, swelling and redness. Combi flam works by inhibiting the action of COX enzymes and is a COX inhibitor.
Q: What precaution must I know before taking the Combiflam tablet?
A: There must be a minimum 6-hour gap between 2 tablets of Combiflam tablet and you must not take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours. Avoid using this medicine for more than 4 days on self-prescription. If you have used it for a longer period, consult the doctor. This medicine must not be used in children below 12 years of age and who weigh less than 40 kg. (if >12 yrs old).
Q: Why do pain killers cause gastrointestinal bleeding?
A: Pain killers irritate or damage the lining of the stomach which results in stomach bleeding. This leads to the formation of ulcers or perforation. This does not occur in normal doses and is a concern if you are using pain killers for a prolonged period or use them more than the regular. The risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers and perforation is higher with higher doses.
Q: Can I take the Combiflam tablet for fever?
A: Yes, the Combiflam tablet can be used for fever.
Q: Can the Combiflam tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Combiflam tablets should be taken along with your meal or after, but never on an empty stomach.
Q: What is the composition of Combiflam?
A: The combiflam composition includes- ibuprofen and paracetamol as its active component.
Q: Can I take Combiflam for toothache?
A: Yes, it can be used for toothache. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor or visit a dentist also for a regular dental check-up.
Other Products from this Brand
- Combiflam Plus Headache Relief Tablet Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Gel 30 Gms Tube
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Spray 55 Gms
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Gel 15 Gms Tube
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Spray 35 Gms
- Combiflam Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspension
- Combiflam Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Combiflam Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Combiflam Paed Susp 100 Ml
|You Save||₹6.28 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ibuprofen(400.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain and fever|
|Side effects||Nausea, rashes, indigestion, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 04 Oct 2021 | 04:56 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved