Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Atarax Tablet contains Hydroxyzine as an active ingredient. It is an anti-allergic medicine. Atarax tablet is used for the management of allergic skin conditions such as pruritus, urticaria and eczema. It helps in improving symptoms such as itching, swelling, redness, rashes, scaly and patchy skin. Atarax works by blocking the action of a substance called histamine which produces allergies.
Uses of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Atarax Tablet is used for the management of skin allergies such as pruritus, urticaria and eczema
Contraindications of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Hydroxyzine, other anti-allergic medicines or other ingredients of this tablet
- If you have irregular heart rhythms and family history of sudden death due to heart disorder
- If you have or had cardiovascular disease or if your heart rate is very low
- If you have low salt levels in your body (e.g. low level of potassium or magnesium)
- If you are an asthmatic with a history of asthmatic attack upon anti-allergic use
- If you have porphyria (a disease which causes stomach pain, constipation, change in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbing behaviour)
- If you are pregnant, maybe pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Feeling sleepy
- Uncontrolled movements
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Atarax Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant. It can lead to malformations and impact the brain functions of the growing baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, tell your doctor immediately and discontinue the medicine.
Can I take Atarax Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it may harm the baby. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the medicine or breastfeeding after accessing the benefit of treatment to mother and breastfeeding to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atarax Tablet?
This medicine may make you drowsy and make you feel less alert than usual for the first few days after you start taking it. If you are affected, do not drive or operate machinery until this effect has worn off.
Can I consume alcohol with Atarax Tablet?
You should not take alcohol with this medicine because the sedative effects of alcohol may be increased.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems such as palpitations, trouble breathing after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney disease or are on dialysis or liver function problem.
- You have enlarged prostate or pain and difficulty in passing urine.
- You have an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have any disease related to stomach, intestine or ulcers.
- You have week muscles or a condition called Myasthenia gravis.
- You have a brain-related disorder such as fits, seizures or memory loss (Dementia), overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or breathing disorders.
- This medicine may affect the results of some tests for allergy or asthma.
- This medicine should not be used or used with caution in the elderly as they have slow metabolism and bodily functions.
Mode of Action of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a chemical mediator that is responsible for allergic reactions. It is normally produced when your body senses something harmful such as infection or foreign particles. Atarax blocks the action of histamine. Therefore, inhibiting histamine-mediated reactions and reduce the symptoms of allergies.
Directions for Use of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor
- Do not take this medicine for more than the prescribed duration
Interactions of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Atarax Tablet should not be taken with any medicine with the risk of increased heartbeats or irregular heart rhythm.
- Atarax Tablet should not be used with medicines acting on brain or used for psychiatric disorders, medicines used for seizures or convulsions, medicines used to control nausea and vomiting, other anti-allergic medicines, anticancer and muscle relaxants.read less
- Additive anticholinergic effects (blurring of vision, dry mouth, urine retention, constipation) may occur if this medicine is taken with Cimetidine, a medicine used to reduce stomach acid content should not be taken together as it can increase the concentration of Atarax Tablet leading to increased side effects.read less
- Atarax Tablet could mask the warning signs of ear damage due to certain medicines such as Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin. Therefore, it should be used cautiously.
- Atarax Tablet should not be taken along with medicine containing adrenaline used during cardiac arrest or other emergency conditions.
Storage and disposal of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose can vary and majorly affects the brain functions and can lead to slowing down or excitation in an individual. Typical side effects of overdosage of Atarax Tablet include confusion, slurred speech and experiencing restless, involuntary or slow movements, dry mouth, disturbed vision, fast or pounding heartbeat, difficulty in passing urine and constipation. If you have taken too much of this medicine, immediately contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Atarax Tablet addictive?
A: No, this is not an addictive medicine. However, if you have such tendencies, please inform your doctor before starting the treatment with Atarax Tablet.
Q: How long should I take Atarax Tablet?
A: You should complete the course of this medicine for effective control of allergy. Do not take it for a prolonged duration.
Q: What are the side effects of Atarax Tablet?
A: The side effects of this medicine are drowsiness, dizziness, feeling lazy, slow or slurred speech. However, not everyone gets them.
Q: Can Atarax 10 mg be taken with Cetirizine?
A: No, you should not take these two medicines together as it can lead to increased side effects, especially in elderly. Both of these medicines are anti-allergic medicines. Cetirizine is one of the active metabolites of Atarax, taking extra cetirizine can abnormally increase the concentration in the body and increase the side effects.
Other Variants for
Atarax 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 04:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved