Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14's
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aspirin tablet is an antiplatelet medicine and contains aspirin as its active ingredient. It is used to prevent various heart conditions which could occur due to blood clots such as heart attacks, str
oke and angina (a heart condition often characterized by radiating chest pain). It is also used in patients recovering from heart surgeries to reduce the probable risk of clot formation and to reduce the risk of getting disorders related to blood clots in the susceptible population. Aspirin tablet contains a blood thinner acetylsalicylic acid also known as aspirin. It prevents blood clot formation within the blood vessels. This medicine is not recommended in patients below 16 years unless advised by the doctor....
Uses of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
Aspirin tablet is used for the prevention of heart attack, stroke, heart problems such as angina (chest pain) and for the prevention of blood clot formation post heart surgery.
Contraindications of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
- If you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or any of the ingredients of the Aspirin tablet.
- If you have bleeding disorders or episodes of unusual bleeding.
- If you have a history of ulcers in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you have gout, a joint disorder characterized by pain, stiffness and tenderness in joints.
- If you have a serious liver or kidney problem or dysfunction.
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (such as methotrexate).
Side effects of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Difficulty in breathing
- Rashes, redness and wheezing.
Precautions and Warnings of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
Can I take an Aspirin tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take Aspirin tablets unless advised by the doctor as it is unsafe during pregnancy. This medicine can cause heart or kidney-related problems in the baby.
Can I take an Aspirin tablet while breastfeeding?
Aspirin tablet passes into the breast milk in small quantity. Long term use or high doses when breastfeeding a baby is not recommended. However, it is recommended to monitor your baby for bruising and bleeding while on this medicine. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed an Aspirin tablet?
It is not expected that Aspirin tablet will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with an Aspirin tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Aspirin tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a planned surgery or had surgery recently, as there is a risk of bleeding.
- You have uncontrolled hypertension or have a history of ulcers in your stomach or intestine. or taking medicines, which can cause stomach ulcers like steroids.
- You experience unusual bleeding when on this medicine.
- You are suffering from asthma.
- You have kidney, liver disease or you are elderly.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are on any medications or supplements.
- You are suffering from gout or you have heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- You are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
How Does It Work?
Platelets are blood cells that help in clot formation, when clot formation occurs in an artery, blood flow stops which can be dangerous in cases of a heart attack. Aspirin in low doses stops these pla
telets from forming a clot, so that blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries....
Directions for Use of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
Aspirin tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for opt
imal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Aspirin tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....Read more
- Concomitant use of methotrexate (used to treat certain types of cancer) with aspirin should be avoided.
- Aspirin can reverse the effect of probenecid (used to treat gout). Hence, this combination should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
Store Aspirin tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet
or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Aspirin Gastro Resistance Tablet 14'S
Symptoms of an overdose of Aspirin tablet include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits, low blood sugar
. If you think you have taken too many Aspirin tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking any dose of the Aspirin tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not
take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between Aspirin and Disprin?
A: Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory medicine. At high doses, it is used as a pain killer and at low doses, it is an antiplatelet medicine that can be used to treat and prevent heart attacks, strokes and heart-related chest pain (angina). Disprin contains Aspirin as its active ingredient. It is available in various strengths and is widely used as a pain killer.
Q: Can I take an Aspirin tablet for pain?
A: No, the Aspirin tablet is not a pain killer. It is only for the prevention of heart disease or stroke. At high doses, Aspirin works as a pain killer.
Q: What is an Aspirin tablet?
A: Aspirin tablet is an antiplatelet medicine that contains acetylsalicylic acid (also known as aspirin) which is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body. This tablet is also used to prevent heart attacks, stroke and heart-related chest pain (angina).
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking the Aspirin tablet?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, tell your doctor that you are on treatment with the Aspirin tablet, as an excess of Aspirin can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: Does Aspirin tablet cause acidity?
A: You may sometimes experience acidity or heartburn while taking an Aspirin tablet.
Q: Is Aspirin tablet a blood thinner?
A: Yes, the Aspirin tablet is a blood thinner medicine.
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 02:01 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved