Anovate Cream 20gm
By USV PVT LTD
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Anovate cream is used to relieve pain and bleeding in piles and other diseases similar to it. Piles are usually characterized by pain while passing stools or blood in stools. It contains beclomethason
e, lidocaine/lignocaine and phenylephrine. If you do not get your piles treated, it may lead to irritation, bleeding and many other complications. Beclomethasone helps in reducing inflammation and swelling, Phenylephrine helps bleeding and Lidocaine by its anaesthetic action relieves pain locally. Anovate cream should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Anovate Cream 20gm
Anovate Cream is used to treat pain and bleeding in conditions like anal fissure (ulcer) and piles.
Contraindications of Anovate Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, lidocaine/lignocaine and phenylephrine or any other ingredients of Anovate cream.
- If you have an infection at the site of application unless you are simultaneously taking antibiotics prescribed by your doctor for it.
- This medicine is not meant to be used for children below 12 years of age.
- You should not use this cream for prolonged duration or excess quantities of Anovate cream as it contains a steroid and local anesthetic.
Side effects of Anovate Cream 20gm
The most common side effects of Anovate cream are temporary application site reactions like burning, itching, redness, irritation and thinning of the skin.
Precautions and Warnings of Anovate Cream 20gm
Can I apply Anovate cream during pregnancy?
It is advised to consult your doctor before using Anovate cream during any stage of pregnancy, especially during the first 3 months. During the first 3 months, the formation of organs and other body parts of the fetus takes place. Hence, the fetus is most susceptible to long term damage during this phase. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I apply Anovate cream while breastfeeding?
Anovate cream is less like likely to pass into the breast milk. However, it is advised to consult your doctor before applying Anovate cream while breastfeeding. In case you are prescribed with this medicine avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Anovate cream?
Anovate cream does not have any effect on the ability to drive or operate machines, so it is considered safe for you. However, as both activities may require you to sit continuously and as sitting may exacerbate pain due to piles, it is advisable not to perform activities requiring prolonged sitting.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Anovate cream?
There is limited information about the effects of Anovate cream on alcohol. However, you should avoid drinking alcohol if you have piles as alcohol can dehydrate you and can make you constipated, making it more difficult for you to pass bowel. It can also increase blood pressure and increase pressure in the veins of the anal area.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You have any underlying conditions or diseases, your liver or kidneys are not functioning properly
- You should avoid the contact of this cream with eyes, mouth or open skin wounds and accidental exposure to eyes, mouth, blisters and open wounds.
- You should avoid applying to a large area which may cause more of the cream to be absorbed and may cause blurred vision, dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty breathing, trembling, chest pain or irregularheartbeats....Read more
- The use of Anovate cream should be avoided for more than 14 days in any case without proper medical advice as this may lead to thinning of the skin around the area applied.
- You should take care not to damage your skin due to scratching, friction, hot or cold temperatures as due to effect of this cream, you will not be able to feel pain due to the damage caused accidentally....Read more
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Anovate Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Anovate cream works by the combined action of its three constituents, Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lidocaine.
- Beclomethasone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness. As a result, it reduces the swelling,pain and itching in the anal area....Read more
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor it acts on blood vessels and constricts the blood vessels of the anal area and thus reduces bleeding and swelling. It can also reduce irritation and itching.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic it numbs the area where it is applied. It works by stopping nerves from sending pain signals to your brain.
Directions for Use of Anovate Cream 20gm
- Use Anovate cream as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instruction label carefully before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream.
- Avoid direct contact of the container with the wound.
- Use an applicator if the internal application is required.
Interactions of Anovate Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this Anovate cream is to be applied on the skin. It is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Anovate cream with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine & Lignocaine, any interactions seen with these 3 components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Anovate should be used with caution with medicines used to treat disorders related to heart rate like Tocainide, Mexiletine and Amiodarone as the effect of these medicines on the heart is aggravated causing a decrease in heart rate....Read more
Storage and disposal of Anovate Cream 20gm
- Anovate cream should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It should not be frozen.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion or cream no longer required properly.
Dosage of Anovate Cream 20gm
Anovate cream is meant for external application. The cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have over
applied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, apply it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not apply a double dose of
medicine to compensate for the missed one. Missing a dose of Anovate cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to a reversal of pain control and symptoms may worsen. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Anovate cream for piles and what are piles?
A: Yes, you can use Anovate cream for piles. Piles are also known as haemorrhoids. It is a condition in which the blood vessels of your anal area gets swollen broken due to excessive strain. Piles make you feel uncomfortable and painful while passing bowel. It is characterised by irritation, itching, painful sensation and blood in stools.
Q: What is an Anal fissure?
A: An anal fissure is a small tear in the skin of the anal canal. It is usually caused by constipation, passing of large and hard stools, prolonged diarrhoea, damage during childbirth, poor toilet habits in children or long term diseases with prolonged diarrhoea, blood in stools, pain and cramping in the stomach.
Q: Will it be more effective if I apply more Anovate cream than what is advised?
A: No, you should avoid applying more Anovate cream than what is prescribed. Applying more than the necessary amount would cause more of it to be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream and cause an overdose of its components causing side effects.
Q: Can I stop using Anovate cream if my symptoms go away?
A: No, you should never stop using Anovate cream without consulting your doctor, even if your symptoms go away. Generally, your doctor will give you instructions for what duration you have to use the cream and this duration may extend even after your symptoms go away.
Q: Is Anovate and Anobliss same?
A: No. Anovate and Anobliss have different constituents. However, both of these medications is used for the treatment of anal fissures and piles. Your doctor will prescribe you the suitable one for you after accessing the underlying condition and severity of the disease. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What should I eat and what should be avoided if I have piles?
- Consume a diet with good amounts of fibre, as it can improve the passage of bowels
- Consume whole grains, leafy vegetables, lentils and fruits
- Avoid binge drinking and smoking and drink plenty of water
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it can put pressure on the anal area
Q: What other things can I do to care for piles?
A: Other than Anovate cream, your doctor will advise you diet and lifestyle changes (like adequate sleep and plenty of exercises) and sitz bath. In a sitz bath, you take warm water to about half the capacity of the tub and sit in it bare skin to allow relief.
Q: How to apply Anovate cream 20 gm for piles?
A: You should use Anovate cream as directed by your doctor. You should read the instruction label carefully before using this cream. Clean and dry the affected area and then apply this cream. You also must wash your hands before and after using this cream. Use an applicator if it has to be applied internally. Wash the applicator after use.
Q: Can this cream be used in children?
A: No, this cream should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Q: How should I store Anovate Cream 20gm?
A: Anovate cream 20 mg should be stored in a cool and dry place at room temperature. Keep it away from direct sunlight. Keep it away from children and pets. Make sure you close the cap of the tube tightly each time after the use.
Q: Can Anovate Cream 20 mg be used for the long term?
A: It is advised that you should not use this cream for more than 14 days at a stretch, as it may cause thinning of the skin in the area of application. Nonetheless, every medicine should be used for the duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Proctosedyl bd (Cream with Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine & Lignocaine) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Phenylephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- LMX4 Lidocaine 4% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- LMX4 Lidocaine 4% w/w Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹18.3 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %),Phenylephrine(0.1 %),Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, redness, irritation, thinning of the skin.|
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get up to Rs.500 Paytm Cashback via Paytm wallet.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved