Ambistryn S 1 Gm Injection
Ambistryn S 1 G Description
Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj is an antibiotic medicine containing streptomycin 1 g in powder form. It belongs to the aminoglycoside group of medicine, approved for the treatment of tuberculosis (TB) in combi
nation with other antitubercular medicines. It works by limiting the further growth of TB bacteria. It is not currently indicated for the treatment of any other infections because of its complications and interaction issues. Directions for use of Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj should be strictly followed. This medicine shouldn’t be self-administered instead given by a nurse or doctor. It is usually prescribed for a few initial months in the entire treatment course of TB. It is directly injected into a muscle. The entire course of treatment with Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj should be completed, even if the affected person feels better. Suddenly stopping anti-TB treatment may worsen the disease by its spread or developing resistance towards this medicine or relapse of the infection. Current strains of TB bacteria tend to be resistant to streptomycin; hence higher antibiotics have replaced Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj to some extent. Side effects of Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj include skin rashes, vomiting, fever, and vertigo. It is also known to harm the kidneys and ear if it reaches toxicity or during long-term use. Monitoring of kidney function tests, hearing tests, and urine tests are conducted during this injection treatment. Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj is contraindicated in pregnancy.
|You Save||₹1.64 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea and vomiting; Diarrhoea; Decreased appetite, Pain at the injection site; Fever; Vertigo and dizziness; Skin rash; Itching; Swelling over eyes, face, and lips; Hoarse voice|
Uses of Ambistryn S 1 G
- Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj is combined with other antitubercular medicines to treat tuberculosis (TB) affecting the lungs or any other organ in the body. It stops the replication of Mycobacterium tuberculi, the bacteria causing TB....
Contraindications of Ambistryn S 1 G
- Do not take Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj or use caution:
- If you are allergic to Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj or its variants like gentamicin, etc.
- If you have been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis
- If you have been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis
- If you have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease
- If you have chronic kidney disease
- If you are pregnant
Side effects of Ambistryn S 1 G
- Common side-effects of Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Pain at the injection site
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Skin rash with itching
- Swelling of eyes, face, and lips
- Hoarse voice
Precautions and Warnings of Ambistryn S 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergic reaction to Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj. These may manifest as skin rash, swelling and redness in the mouth or face, and breathing difficulties. Discontinue in case of an allergy.
- You are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood, hearing, and urine tests at fixed intervals when you are on this medicine.
- Your doctor should know about all your medical conditions and the medicines you take for them. This will also prevent medicine reactions.
- You experience any serious side-effects that have not settled and or are worsening.
Mode of Action of Ambistryn S 1 G
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ambistryn S 1 G
- A physician should prescribe the dose of Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj.
- A trained medical professional should strictly administer it.
- It should be used within four days when stored in a cold place.
- Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj comes in the form of a vial.
- Add 2 ml or more sterile water to reconstitute the injection (check label instructions).
- The reconstituted solution should be injected into a muscle.
- Shake well before use.
- It is essential to be hydrated when Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj is administered.
Interactions of Ambistryn S 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj can interact with other medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj....
- Regular monitoring of kidney function tests needs to be done in case of concomitant use with abacavir and adefovir.
- Blood calcium and magnesium levels should be monitored in concomitant use with alendronic acid.
- Medicines like antibiotics of the penicillin group (ampicillin, augmentin, and amoxicillin) can worsen the allergic reaction and increase the chances of anaphylaxis (severe allergy).
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like indomethacin increase Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj levels in the blood by decreasing its clearance from the kidney.
Storage and disposal of Ambistryn S 1 G
Dosage of Ambistryn S 1 G
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the adverse effects caused by use of Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj?
Q: What if my symptoms don't improve with Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj?
Q: Will Ambistryn S 1 Gm Inj certainly affect my liver or kidney?
- Aminoglycosides: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13e [Internet]. accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022] -
- Breastfeeding and maternal medications. [Internet]. www.scielo.br 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. 2022. cdscoonline.gov.in [cited 10 March 2022] -
- Drugs H. Gentamicin Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]