Skizoril 100mg Tablet
Skizoril 100 MG Description
Skizoril 100 mg tablet is a medication used to manage schizophrenia, a mental condition that causes delusions or hallucinations and impairs an individual's capacity to think and react. Skizoril 10
0 mg tablet belongs to the family of atypical antipsychotics. The mode of action of Skizoril 100 mg tablet is through the regulation and modification of the activity of specific natural chemicals in the brain. This medicine is for persons who have not benefitted from previous treatments or have felt suicidal and are likely to injure themselves. Directions of use of Skizoril 100 mg tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should not be stopped without consulting a doctor. It is vital to consume the tablet at the same time every day to maintain a steady dose of medication in the body. Side effects of Skizoril 100 mg tablets should reduce with time. Consult a doctor if they do not lessen or intensify with time. It is critical to not discontinue this medicine since doing so might make the symptoms worse. People benefitting from this medicine should also not omit doses and complete the whole course of therapy.
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Unsteadiness, Headache, and Restlessness|
Uses of Skizoril 100 MG
- As per the CDSCO, Skizoril 100 mg tablet is used to treat schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Skizoril 100 MG
- Do not take Skizoril 100 mg tablet:
- If you have myeloproliferative disorders or abnormal blood cell growth.
- If you have intestinal obstruction.
- If you have uncontrolled epilepsy.
- If you have medicine-induced agranulocytosis.
- If you are hypersensitive to Skizoril 100 mg tablets.
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Skizoril 100 MG
- Side effects of Skizoril 100 mg tablet include:
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Skizoril 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You feel dehydrated and have low blood pressure. Drink plenty of water and get out of a sitting or lying posture slowly.
- Your blood sugar and cholesterol levels or your weight has increased. Eat well, exercise frequently, and check your blood pressure regularly while on this medication.
- You use tobacco. This might reduce the efficacy of the medication.
- You see some indications of infection such as fever, rash, or sore throat. During therapy with this medication, your doctor may recommend regular blood tests to check your blood cells.
- You feel allergic to clozapine or any of the substances in the tablets.
- You stop taking Skizoril 100 mg tablets. This might lead to a worsening of symptoms.
- Your side effects worsen. Skizoril 100 mg tablet is intended for long-term use, so results may take 4-6 weeks to appear. Do not quit taking Skizoril tablets until you complete the entire course.
- You have kidney or liver disease. You might need a dose adjustment.
Mode of Action of Skizoril 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Skizoril 100 MG
- Skizoril 100 mg tablet is an orally dissolving tablet that melts rapidly in the mouth.
- Take Skizoril 100 mg tablets at the same time every day.
- Read the label instructions carefully. If there is something you do not understand, ask your healthcare provider to explain it to you.
- Do not consume more or less of it or have it more frequently than your doctor has directed.
- Avoid pushing the orally dissolving tablet through the foil packaging. Instead, tear the foil back with dry hands. Then place the pill on the tongue right away.
- Skizoril 100 mg tablet quickly dissolves in saliva. You might not need water to take this medicine.
Interactions of Skizoril 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Combining Skizoril 100 mg tablet with any of the following medications may alter their effects and create unwanted side effects:
- Antidiabetic medicines
- Rifamycins like Rifabutin and Rifampin
Interactions with food items
- There is no considerable interaction between Skizoril 100 mg tablets and food. However, consuming Skizoril 100 mg tablets with some specific foods might delay its effect. Consult your doctor regarding this before you begin your treatment....
Storage and disposal of Skizoril 100 MG
Dosage of Skizoril 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Skizoril 100 mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: How long does Skizoril 100 mg tablets take to show results?
Q: Is Skizoril 100 mg tablet effective for anxiety?
- Clozapine: Elevated C-reactive Protein and Fever in an Elderly Patient: Case Report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013. 1478(1): 16–16 [cited 27 Jan 2022] -
- Center for Drug Evaluation, Research. Information on Clozapine [Internet]. US Food and Drug Administration. 2021 [cited 27 Jan 2022] -
- Augmenting Clozapine with Sertindole - SERCLOZ [Internet]. clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 27 Jan 2022]
- Clozapine: Therapy, Side Effects, Monitoring Requirements. gov.au. 2017 [cited 27 Jan 2022] -