Setral 25mg Tablets
Setral 25 MG Description
Setral Tablet is used for depression, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Setral Tablet contains sertraline as the chemical compound. It affects our central nervous system (brain) and h
elps balance chemicals, promoting relaxation and improving mood. However, it is a prescription medication and can have several side effects if taken unsupervised; thus, consultation by a doctor is mandatory before starting it. Before using Setral Tablets, give your doctor a detailed history of any medical conditions you are diagnosed with and the list of medications you have used or are currently using. Dose adjustments may be needed in such people. Thus, consultation by a doctor is necessary. If the side effects of Setral Tablets become worse, consult your doctor immediately and do not take two tablets at once as it increases the chances of overdosing.
|You Save||₹3.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depression, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, constipation, vomiting, dry mouth, lethargy|
Uses of Setral 25 MG
- Major depressive disorder.
- Panic attacks.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Contraindications of Setral 25 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to sertraline.
- If you have a pathology of liver or kidney disease.
- If you are using other antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
Side effects of Setral 25 MG
- Dryness of mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Setral 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are scheduled for a dental or any general surgery.
- You are either planning to get pregnant or milking a baby.
- You had a history of heart attack.
- You are experiencing a blurring of vision or any disease of the eye.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in mood or behaviour.
- You want to discontinue the use of Setral Tablets.
Mode of Action of Setral 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Setral 25 MG
- Setral Tablets should only be used if recommended by a doctor.
- Setral Tablets can be taken with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Setral Tablets should be swallowed whole.
- Do not chew, break or crush it.
- Avoid using Setral Tablets if the seal of the packet is not intact.
- Do not let anyone else use the medication.
Interactions of Setral 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Whenever combined with sertraline, Abciximab may increase the chances of bleeding in the stomach and intestine.
- Acarbose may lead to elevated blood sugar.
- Aceclofenac may increase the chances of gastric bleeding.
- Atomoxetine decreases the metabolism of sertraline.
- Zopiclone may increase the risk of side effects.
- Valproate bismuth increases the chances of serotonin syndrome, which is characterised by high blood pressure, confusion and muscle rigidity.
Interactions with food items
- No adverse interaction of Setral Tablets with any food is known yet. Anyhow you should try to avoid its consumption with grapefruit juice. However, you should follow the dietary instructions as advised by your physician and in case of any weight gain, consult a dietician and do regular exercises....
Storage and disposal of Setral 25 MG
Dosage of Setral 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the best time to take a Setral Tablet?
Q: Is Setral Tablet habit-forming or addictive?
- No, Setral Tablet doesn't cause any addiction among its users. However, consume it only when prescribed by a doctor.
Q: I am diagnosed with the pathology of kidney disease. Should I use Setral Tablets?
- Adjustment of dose may be needed for the patients with the pathology of the kidney. Consult your doctor before taking Setral Tablets.
- Drugs, H., 2022. Sertraline: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a697048.html> [Accessed 12 March 2022].
- Drugs, H. and Supplements, H., 2022. Grapefruit: MedlinePlus Supplements. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/natural/946.html> [Accessed 12 March 2022].