Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
Rozavel F 20mg Tablet Description
Rozavel F tablet is used for the treatment of increased levels of cholesterol (hyperlipidaemia). Rozavel F tablet contains a combination of rosuvastatin and fenofibrate as its active ingredient. Roza
vel F tablet works by interfering with the formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. Cholesterol is a wax-like substance produced by your liver that plays an important role in maintaining cell membrane, hormone production, storage of vitamins and functioning of the brain. However, when it is produced in excess can lead to heart-related conditions and stroke. Before initiating the treatment inform your doctor about your complete medical history. The dose and duration of this medicine is will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor.
|You Save||₹62.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fenofibrates(160.0 Mg) + Rosuvastatin(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, constipation, headache, gases, muscle pain, stomach pain|
Uses of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
- For the treatment of high cholesterol (combined hyperlipidaemia) in patients who have normal kidney and liver function.
- Combined hyperlipidaemia is a common medical condition of increased blood cholesterol and triglyceride (fats) levels with an increased risk of getting a heart-related condition.
Contraindications of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin, fenofibrate or any other ingredient of Rozavel F tablet.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease, increased liver enzymes.
- If you are suffering from severe kidney diseases.
- If you have repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains.
- If you take a drug called ciclosporin (used after organ transplants).
- If you have gall bladder disease.
- If you have an inflammation of the pancreas.
Side effects of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to get pregnant.
- You are suffering from kidney or liver disorders or are above 70 years of age.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus, as this medicine may increase blood sugar levels.
- You are suffering from or have ever suffered from gall bladder stones (cholelithiasis) or any gall bladder disease (as this medicine increases the risk of the formation of gall bladder stones).
- You have or ever had or are experiencing unexplained muscle aches or pains and/or have a family history of muscle disorder.
- You have a thyroid disorder or lung-related disorder.
- You consume a large amount of alcohol or drink too often.
- It is recommended that you have your liver functioning tests and kidney functioning tests done at regular intervals.
Mode of Action of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Rosuvastatin works by interfering with the process of cholesterol synthesis. Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering cholesterol levels. It also increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels. ...
- Fenofibrate works by decreasing the bad cholesterol (LDL or low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides by enhancing the natural lipid breakdown process (lipolysis) and increasing the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL or high-density lipoprotein)....
Directions for Use of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
- Take the Rozavel F tablet as directed by your doctor with meals.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rozavel F works, or the Rozavel F tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Using Rozavel F tablet increases the risk of bleeding when used along with blood thinners like warfarin.
- Concomitant use of Rozavel F tablet along with medicines that reduce the activity of the immune system (ciclosporin) may lead to kidney damage.
- When Rozavel F tablet is taken along with medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, etc.) there is an increased chance of the development of muscle disorder.
- Oestrogen containing oral contraceptives may interfere with the working fenofibrate, the active ingredient in the Rozavel F tablet, hence the use of oral contraceptives should be done with caution along with the Rozavel F tablet....
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat bacterial infections (fusidic acid) should be avoided as there is an increased risk of the development of muscle disorders.
- When medicines used to neutralise stomach acid (antacids) are taken along with Rozavel F tablet they tend to decrease the concentration of rosuvastatin (the active ingredient in the Rozavel F tablet) in the blood which may affect the efficacy of the medicine....
- Antiviral medicines like ritonavir are said to delay the elimination of rosuvastatin from the system, increasing its exposure to the system, concomitant use should be done carefully.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
- Store Rozavel F at room temperature in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rozavel F 20mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)