Ramcet Tablet Description
Ramcet tablet is a medicine used to relieve various degrees of pain. It is a combination medicine that contains Tramadol and Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) in different quantities. It is used to provide
relief in backache, muscle pains, menstrual cramps, joint pains, and sometimes, toothaches. Tramadol and paracetamol (acetaminophen) in Ramset tablets work in a collaboration to cause pain relief. The mode of action of Ramcet tablets is through the body's central nervous system, wherein it decreases the production of chemical messengers that indicate pain. It also increases the body's pain threshold so that low grades of pain are not felt. Some of the common side effects of Ramset tablets are nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, confusion, and diarrhoea. Usually, these effects go away on their own, but if they don't, it is advised that a doctor be consulted. Directions for use of Ramset tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine can be taken with or without food. If it causes nausea, the medicine can be taken after food. Ramset tablets should be taken at the same time every day so a consistent level of this medicine can be maintained in the body. This tablet can interact with certain foods and should not be taken with alcohol.
|Contains||Tramadol(37.5 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Backache, Joint pain, Muscle cramps, Toothache|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Diarrhoea|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Ramcet Tablet
- Ramset tablet is primarily used to manage the following conditions:
- Muscle pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Joint pain
- In rare cases, Ramset tablets are prescribed for toothache.
Contraindications of Ramcet Tablet
- Before starting the treatment with Ramcet tablets, inform your doctor if any of the following statements are true.
- If you have liver disease or hepatotoxicity (liver inflammation/swelling).
- If you have any heart disorders like arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats).
- If you have any respiratory problems like asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- If you have been diagnosed with depression.
- If you are pregnant or plan to conceive.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a known allergy to Paracetamol or Tramadol.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have been diagnosed with any brain disorders, seizures, or epilepsy.
- If you have a history of alcohol dependence or drug abuse.
- If you are a child under 12.
Side effects of Ramcet Tablet
- Side effects of Ramset tablets include:
- Xerostomia (dryness of mouth)
Precautions and Warnings of Ramcet Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- You operate heavy motor vehicles and machines.
- You are a chronic alcohol user.
- You feel dizzy and nauseous after taking Ramset tablets.
- You are caffeine-dependent; control caffeine consumption when taking this medicine.
- Your side effects are not subsiding with time.
Mode of Action of Ramcet Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ramcet Tablet
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with water; do not chew or crush it.
- Do not abruptly stop or skip a dose of this medicine, even if you feel better.
- Take Ramset tablets at the same time every day, so a steady dose of the medicine is maintained in the body.
- This tablet can be taken with or without food; follow your doctor's instructions.
- Do not repeat the medicine or take a double dose; always follow the dosage instructions.
Interactions of Ramcet Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The interaction of amlodipine (medicine for high blood pressure) with Ramset tablets can cause irregular heartbeat.
- The interaction of bupropion (medicine for depression) with Ramset tablets can decrease the efficiency of both medicines.
- The interaction of antifungal medicines (ketoconazole) with Ramset tablets can result in adverse effects like nausea, allergy, and restlessness.
- The interaction of diazepam (medicine for seizures) with Ramset tablets can decrease the efficiency of both medicines.
- Inform the doctor if taking any alternative medicines (herbal, homoeopathy, etc.) as these may interact with Ramset tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Caffeine is known to interact with the ingredients in Ramcet tablets. Restrict your caffeine intake if you are on this medication.
- Eat a balanced diet with adequate amounts of green leafy vegetables.
- Maintain a low-sugar diet when taking Ramset tablets.
Storage and disposal of Ramcet Tablet
Dosage of Ramcet Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Tanya Gupta
BDS (Bachelor’s in Dental Surgery), MPH (Masters in Public Health)
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ramcet tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can Ramcet tablets be given to children under 12?
Q: Can Ramcet tablets be taken for headaches?
- Paracetamol: Past, Present, and Future [Internet]. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2000. 7(2): 143-147 [cited 1 Mar 2022]
- Rhoda Lee C, McTavish D, Sorkin Eugene M. Tramadol: A Preliminary Review of Its Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Properties, and Therapeutic Potential in Acute and Chronic Pain States. Drugs. 1993. 46: 313–340 [cited 1 Mar 2022] -
- Graham, Garry G; Scott, Kieran F. Mechanism of Action of Paracetamol [Internet] American Journal of Therapeutics. January 2005. 12(1): 46-55 [cited 1 Mar 2022] -
- Tramadol [Internet] drug.com [cited 1 Mar 2022] -
- Scott, Lesley .; Perry, Caroline M. 2000. Tramadol: A Review of its Use in Perioperative Pain [Internet] Drugs. 60: 139–176 [cited 1 Mar 2022] -