Prostodin 250mg Injection 1ml
Prostodin 250 MCG Description
Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml is a synthetic prostaglandin (chemical messenger) analogue with oxytocic capabilities called 'Carboprost.' It is used to treat severe bleeding after childbirth (postpartum). I
t promotes uterine contractions by stimulating uterine muscles. It also enhances the synthesis of prostaglandins (PGs), a natural chemical that increases contractions and so controls postpartum haemorrhage. Furthermore, it is also used to induce an abortion by producing uterine contractions. Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml is administered by a doctor only in hospitals in which intensive care and surgical facilities are available. The most common side effects of taking Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml include vomiting, flushing, headache, and chills. Most of these symptoms usually resolve with time and do not require urgent medical attention. However, you are advised to talk to your doctor if you experience these side effects persistently or any other serious side effects. Before taking Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml, tell your doctor if you have ever had heart disease, active pelvic inflammatory disease, a lung disorder or breathing problem, kidney disease or liver disease. Do not self administer this medicine.
|You Save||₹24.18 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Prevents bleeding, Produces uterine contraction, Treating postpartum haemorrhage, Used in abortion|
|Side effects||Irregular heartbeat, Pain in the uterus, Pain in the chest, Trouble in breathing, Slow or absent pulse in arms and legs, Wheezing, Skin rash, Severe headache, Blotchy skin, Swollen face, nose and eyelids, Constipation, Bloated stomach, Pain in the place of injection, Fever, Nausea, Chills|
|Therapy||DRUGS ACTING ON UTERUS|
Uses of Prostodin 250 MCG
- Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml is an oxytocic or uterotonic medicine that is generally used to start or improve uterine contractions (antepartum) and to produce uterine contractions during the third stage of labour (postpartum)....
- It also prevents postpartum bleeding or haemorrhage following childbirth.
- This medicine is a synthetic prostaglandin analogue that is used to terminate pregnancies and treat postpartum haemorrhage.
- It causes uterine muscular contractions, which might lead to an early abortion.
Contraindications of Prostodin 250 MCG
- Sterile Solution hypersensitivity (including anaphylaxis and angioedema)
- Acute inflammatory illness of the pelvis
- Active cardiac, pulmonary, renal, or hepatic illness
Side effects of Prostodin 250 MCG
- Posterior cervical reformation
- Endometriosis (tissue that lines the uterus grows somewhere else, such as in the ovaries）
- Chest pain and tightness
- Coughing and wheezing
- Chills and fever
- Sleep disorder
- Eye pain
- Muscle pain
- Nose bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Prostodin 250 MCG
Other General Warnings
- If you are allergic to Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml or any of its constituents, you should not use it.
- If your womb already has too strong contractions, any obstacles in the delivery pathway, or if the baby is not receiving enough oxygen, increasing the dose of Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml can be dangerous.
- If you've been given prostaglandins, don't take Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml for more than 6 hours because it can make your contractions worse.
- If the contractions do not rise or if you have significant pre-eclamptic toxaemia (high blood pressure, protein in the urine, and oedema) of blood or cardiac circulation problems, Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml should not be used for a long period....
Mode of Action of Prostodin 250 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Prostodin 250 MCG
- Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml is an injection that should only be administered by a doctor under medical supervision. Self-administering is not recommended.
Interactions of Prostodin 250 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml interacts with other oxytocic medicines (oxytocin), such as diarrhoea medications (eluxadoline).
Interactions with food items
- Please inform your doctor of all vitamins, herbs, and supplements you are currently taking, as Prostodin 250mg Inj 1ml may interact with them and cause unwanted side effects.