Lumerax 80mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lumerax-80 tablet is used to treat malaria when other antimalarial medicines are ineffective. It is an anti-malarial medicine containing artemether and lumefantrine as its main components. This medici
ne works by acting directly on malaria-causing organisms and thus inhibiting their growth. Take this medicine with meals or a glass of milk to avoid an upset stomach. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Before using the Lumerax-80 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
Lumerax-80 tablet is used for the treatment of malaria cases not responding to other anti-malarial medicines.
Contraindications of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to artemether and lumefantrine or any of the ingredients of the Lumerax-80 tablet.
- If you have a serious malarial infection with impaired body functions like difficulty in breathing, fits, kidney brain and liver-related problems.
- If you have a family history of heart disease.
- If you are taking medicines such as Flecainide, Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, Terfenadine, Astemizole or Cisapride.
- If you have heart diseases like irregular heart rhythm or heart failure.
- If you have an imbalance of electrolytes in your body due to fluid loss.
Side effects of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Muscle or joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
Can I take the Lumerax-80 tablet during pregnancy?
- Lumerax-80 tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy. However, doctors may give this medicine to pregnant women under critical situations where alternate antimalarial medicine is not able totreat the condition....Read more
- For women who are using birth control measures (such as oral, transdermal patch or other systemic hormonal contraceptives), your doctor may advise you to take an additional non-hormonal method of birth control for about a month....Read more
Can I take the Lumerax-80 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed your baby during the treatment with the Lumerax-80 tablet, as it is unknown if this medicine passes into breast milk. You have to wait for at least for 1-week post-treatment to start breastfeeding again.
Can I drive if I have consumed a Lumerax-80 tablet?
Lumerax-80 tablet makes you feel sleepy, dizzy and weak. Thus it is advised not to drive when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with a Lumerax-80 tablet?
Consuming alcohol may aggravate some of the side effects of Lumerax-80 tablet like stomach problems and mental disturbances. Thus, it is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a family history of irregular heartbeats or sudden death due to heart problems.
- You have heart disorders like irregular heartbeat, slow heart rate, etc.
- You have serious kidney and liver function problems.
- You are pregnant (first trimester) or planning a pregnancy.
- You are taking any other medicine to treat malaria-like Quinine or Mefloquine, special medical observation is required.
- Your existing disease condition gets worsened after taking this medicine, immediate attention of a doctor is required.
- You are an HIV positive patient and taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You are using pills as contraceptive measures, you need to use an alternative method of contraception like condoms at least for a month.
Mode of Action of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Lumerax-80 tablet works by killing a malarial parasite called plasmodium.
Directions for Use of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
Lumerax-80 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor preferably with food, a beverage containing milk or water. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you take it at
a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. In case you vomit within 1 hour of taking this medicine, take another dose....
Interactions of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Never take medicines like Clarithromycin, Ciprofloxacin, Fluconazole, Terfenadine, Flecainide, Cisapride with Lumerax-80 tablet as it can lead to serious heart problems.
- Medicines like Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, anti-malarial medicines like Mefloquine, Quinine should not be taken with this medicine.
- If you have taken a Lumerax-80 tablet, Rifampin, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin should not be taken for at least one month.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir, Nevirapine or Efavirenz.
- You should not take a Lumerax-80 tablet if you have taken Halofantrine - an anti-malarial medicine, within a month.
- Lumerax-80 tablet interferes with the way oral contraceptive medication work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms during the treatment and at least one month post-treatment....Read more
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice should be avoided during the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
- Store Lumerax-80 tablets below 30°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lumerax 80mg Tablet
There is limited information about the effect of an overdose of Lumerax-80 tablet. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry t
he pack of the medicine to make overdose assessment easier for doctor/hospital staff....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of the Lumerax-80 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lumerax-80 tablet be taken as a precautionary to prevent malaria?
A: No, the Lumerax-80 tablet is used to treat malaria under circumstances where other antimalarial medications are not working. It is not to be used for prevention.
Q: I am feeling better after 2 doses of the Lumerax-80 tablet, can I stop taking it?
A: No, it is important to complete the course of the Lumerax-80 tablet as prescribed by your doctor. You may feel better after the first dose, but to kill the malarial parasite entirely from your body, you must complete the course or you may have a recurrence of malaria.
Q: Can the use of the Lumerax 80 tablet cause dizziness?
A: Yes, the use of Lumerax 80 can cause dizziness along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. If you experience this symptom, it is recommended to avoid driving or to perform any activity.
Q: What is the Lumerax-80 tablet used for?
A: Lumerax-80 tablet is an anti-malarial medicine. It contains artemether and lumefantrine as their active ingredients. Lumerax-80 is used to treat malaria when other anti-malarial medicines are ineffective. This medicine kills all malaria-causing organisms.
Q: Can the Lumerax 80 tablet be used for dengue?
A: No, the Lumerax 80 tablet should not be used to treat dengue. It is used to treat malarial infections caused by the malarial parasite.
- Coartem (artemether/lumefantrine) tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Riamet 20 mg/120 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Artemether/Lumefentrine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Riamet 20 mg/120 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Jul 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved