Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Inderal Tablet is used for treating and preventing heart-related conditions such as high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, chest pain due to heart condition, heart attack, and other conditions. In
deral tablet contains Propranolol as an active ingredient. It belongs to a beta-blocker class of medicine. Inderal works by relaxing the blood vessels, which slows down the pulse, thereby improving the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. This medicine should be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed. Never stop taking it medicine suddenly, as it may result in harmful and serious health consequences....
Uses of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Inderal Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm (Atrial fibrillation), pheochromocytoma (a rare tumour of adrenal gland situated above kidneys), other heart dis
orders and conditions, tremors and migraine....
Contraindications of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Propranolol or any other ingredient of Inderal Tablet
- If you have asthma, lung or airway disorders.
- If you have low blood pressure, blockage in heart and slow heartbeats (bradycardia).
- If you experience low blood glucose very often.
- If you have blood circulation issues and electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have an untreated tumour of the adrenal gland or a condition Prinzmetal's angina.
- Do not take this medicine after prolonged fasting.
Side effects of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased heartbeats
- Cold hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Inderal tablet during pregnancy?
Inderal tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as it may be harmful. However, your doctor may give you this medicine if needed, and the advantages outweigh the risks. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or plan to have a child while taking this medicine.
Can I take Inderal tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Inderal tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, dizziness, hallucinations, tiredness, or confusion. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Inderal tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, kidney or liver-related disorder.
- You have blood circulation problems.
- You have muscle weakness.
- You have a history of allergic reactions.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have cold sensations in fingers and toes.
- You have skin conditions like itchy dry patches on the skin.
- You smoke and drink very often.
- You are above 65 years.
Mode of Action of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Propranolol works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate, and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood arou
nd your body....
Directions for Use of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and without eating food
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor
Interactions of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with medicines to treat irregular heartbeat and adrenaline (Epinephrine) may cause high blood pressure or slow heartbeats, therefore, it should be avoided.
- Antimigraine medicines such as Ergotamine and Rizatriptan should be taken with a gap of a minimum of 2 hours with Inderal.
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with medicines to treat heart diseases like Verapamil, Diltiazem and Nifedipine should be avoided as it may lead to abnormal heart rhythm, low blood pressure, slow heartbeats, and heart failure....Read more
- Concomitant use of Propranolol with anaesthetics may cause fast heartbeats and may also increase the risk of high blood pressure, and thus should be used with caution.
- Inderal if taken along with other anti-hypertensive medicines can lead to a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of anti-inflammatory medicines like Indomethacin and Ibuprofen may decrease the effect of Propranolol.
- Concomitant use of Inderal with medicines used to treat brain-related disorders like Fluvoxamine and Imipramine may cause slow heartbeats.
- Other medicines like Lidocaine, Warfarin, Phenobarbital, Mephobarbital, Chlorpromazine, Cimetidine, Hydralazine, Imipramine, Rifampicin, Theophylline, Insulin, and Digoxin used to treat heart failureshould be used cautiously....Read more
- Do not smoke or consume tobacco as may cause an increase in heart rate and may impair blood pressure control.
Storage and disposal of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
Dosage of Inderal 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of Inderal tablet can have deadly effects and may lead to a heart attack. The overdose symptoms are slow heartbeats, low blood pressure, fits, heart diseases, difficulty in breathing, drowsiness, dilated pupils, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, hallucinations, body pain, fainting, or coma....Read more
- If you experience any of these symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Inderal on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor
- If you stop the medication suddenly, you may suffer from severe heart-related and blood pressure problems
- Your doctor will reduce the dose gradually over weeks before stopping it
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain, and eyes.
Q: Can Inderal be used for anxiety?
A: No, it is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and several heart-related conditions. It is not effective against anxiety.
Q: Are Inderal and Propranolol the same?
A: Inderal is the brand name of a medicine that contains Propranolol as the main constituent.
Q: How Inderal works for migraines?
A: Migraine could be due to various reasons, and one of them is the change in the blood flow to the brain. Inderal is known to relax the blood vessels by blocking certain receptors. Hence, it improves blood flow.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 Apr 2021 | 09:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved