Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Foristal 1mg tablet contains dimethindene as the active ingredient. It belongs to the group of medicines known as antihistaminic medicines (antiallergic medicines). This medicine is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms like itchy, red skin lesions, a runny nose, watering from the eyes and sneezing. It improves allergic rhinitis, food and medicinal allergies. Do not take this medicine if you are having glaucoma (increased eye pressure), facing difficulty in passing urine and are pregnant or breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines. Contact your doctor immediately if you think you have taken a higher dose than that required or if you are experiencing any other symptoms.
Uses of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
This medicine is used for the treatment of different allergic conditions. It improves allergic symptoms like skin redness, itching, a runny nose, watering from the eyes and sneezing.
Contraindications of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are having a history of hypersensitivity (severe skin rashes, swelling of eyes, lips, difficulty in breathing and swallowing) to dimethindene or any of the contents of the medicine. If you having a post-natal period (time immediately after childbirth) up to one month. If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes). If you are in your 1st trimester of the pregnancy. In infants below 1 month of age.
Side effects of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Foristal 1mg tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine may affect your developing baby, so do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor. Please inform your doctor if you are planning for pregnancy or happen to conceive during the treatment.
Can I take the Foristal 1mg tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect the baby, so do not take this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Foristal 1mg tablet?
This medicine may produce drowsiness and affect alertness; thus, it is advisable not to get involved in any activity which requires alertness like driving or operating heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Foristal 1mg tablet?
No, it increases the chances of drowsiness so it is advisable not to take this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have increased pressure in your eyes (Glaucoma).
- You have difficulty in passing urine, any problems related to urination.
- You have a lung disease like a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- You experience fits.
- This medicine may produce excitement in young children.
- Be cautious while administrating drops below the age of 1 year.
Mode of Action of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Some natural substances (Histamine) released in our body are responsible for allergic symptoms like sneezing or a runny nose, skin redness, itching and watering from the eyes. Dimethindene blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in the symptoms of allergy. It also decreases the swelling and itching associated with allergy.
Directions for Use of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period.
- Do not stop this medicine without a doctor's advice.
Interactions of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Foristal 1mg tablet works or even Foristal 1mg tablet can affect the working of some medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Central nervous system depressant medicines like Tranquillizers, Hypnotic medicines, alcohol (as they slow down the reflexes), monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, medicines for mental illness like Tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergic and antihistaminic medicines (they increase the chances of urine outflow problems), medicines to relieve abdominal cramps, medicines to dilate pupil, medicines for urine problems.read less
- Strong painkillers (opioids), medicines to stop vomiting, medicines to treat motion sickness, cancer.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of the Foristal 1mg tablet or increase the chances of side effects.read less
Storage and disposal of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it at 20°-25°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Foristal 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. An overdose of the Foristal 1mg tablet may cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, fast/irregular or pounding heartbeats, confusion, hallucinations (seeing things which are not present), nervousness, excitement, muscle spasm, dilatation of the pupil, a dry mouth, redness of the face, fever, seizures and difficulty in urination. In severe cases, the patient may pass into the state of a coma, collapse and death.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Foristal 1mg tablet?
A: This medicine is used for the treatment of different allergic conditions. It improves allergic symptoms like skin redness, itching, a runny nose, watering from the eyes and sneezing. This medicine is useful in conditions like allergic rhinitis (irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose), allergies due to medicines and food, various itchy skin rashes and insect bites.
Q: How does the Foristal 1mg tablet work?
A: Foristal 1mg tablet contains a medicine known as Dimethindene. It is one of the groups of medicine known as antihistaminic medicines. Dimethindene blocks the effect of certain chemical substances which are responsible for producing allergic symptoms. It also decreases the swelling and itching associated with an allergy.
Q: What are the common side effects of the Foristal 1mg tablet?
A: Drowsiness, excitement, headache, nausea, a dry mouth, vomiting, oedema (swelling), fatigue, restlessness are some of the common side effects that you may experience on taking this medicine.
Q: In what conditions I should not use the Foristal 1mg tablet?
A: Do not use this medicine if you are having a history of hypersensitivity to any of the contents of the medicine, Post-natal period (time immediately after childbirth) up to one month, glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes), pregnancy and in infants below 1 month of age.
Q: Can I take other anti-allergic medicines along with the Foristal 1mg tablet?
A: Taking other anti-allergic medicines along with the Foristal 1mg tablet, increase the chances of side effects and may produce symptoms of an overdose which can be fatal. So, it is always advisable to inform your doctor beforehand if you are taking any other medicines along with the Foristal 1mg tablet.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Apr 2021 | 12:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved