Eritel 40 15'S
Eritel 40 MG Description
Eritel 40 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing telmisartan as its active ingredient. It is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. Along with the
medications, you need to be particular about your diet like low salt diet and should include exercise in your daily routine. You should not take any potassium supplements during the treatment because it may increase the blood potassium level. During the treatment it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and doctor may also ask for few kidney tests also during the treatment. Eritel 40 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. Before using Eritel 40 tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Eritel 40 MG
Contraindications of Eritel 40 MG
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredient of Eritel 40 tablet.
- If you are in 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have bile duct obstruction.
- If you are on diabetic medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Eritel 40 MG
- Swelling of face
- Increased potassium levels
- Dry Mouth
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Eritel 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You are suffering from liver disease.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are on medications like Ramipril, Lisinopril.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood.
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant.
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting. This dehydration can result in low blood pressure. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
Mode of Action of Eritel 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eritel 40 MG
- Eritel 40 tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily to gain optimal benefit.
- It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush, break or chew this medicine.
Interactions of Eritel 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Eritel 40 tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like Blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine
- Concomitant use of Eritel 40 tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair with kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Eritel 40 MG
- Store Eritel 40 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Eritel 40 MG
- Overdose can cause symptoms such as increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the special instructions to be followed while consuming the medicine?
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
Q: When and how should I use the medicine?
Q: What are the things to be discussed with the healthcare practitioner before the consumption of Telmisartan?
Q: Why is Eritel 40 tablet given?
Q: What are the side effects of Eritel 40?
Q: What is the composition of Eritel 40?
Q: Is Eritel 40 a blood thinner?
Q: Can Eritel 40 be taken twice a day?
- Eritel 40 tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor based on the range of your blood pressure range and associated complications.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of Eritel 40, as it may cause side effects such as low blood pressure.
- This medicine may be taken with or without food during the day or at night. However, try to take it at the same time each day to get the most benefit.