Elosone 0.1 %W/W Description
Elosone cream is used for the treatment of various skin conditions. This cream alleviates the symptoms of skin diseases like dermatitis and eczema-like redness and itching. It is a topical medicine c
ontaining mometasone as its active component. Wash your hand before and after applying the cream. Apply this cream as advised by your treating doctor for the prescribed duration. Avoid using this cream to treat any other skin conditions than prescribed by the doctor. It is used for external application and must be applied as recommended by the doctor.
Uses of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
Contraindications of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
- If you are allergic to mometasone or any other ingredient of Elosone cream.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face
- If you have itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and skin infections
- It can worsen acne, herpes, warts, chickenpox, ringworm, or conditions like swelling near the mouth
Side effects of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
- Allergic skin reactions
- Skin infections
- Acne inflammation
- Thinning of the skin
- Red marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- Your psoriasis gets worse or you get raised bumps filled with pus under your skin.
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive.
- You develop an infection on your skin.
- Your skin disease is worsening.
- Prolonged and larger use of Elosone cream may disturb the hormonal balance. It may lead to puffiness or rounding of the face, weakness, tiredness and dizziness in adults.
- In children, this may lead to delayed growth and development. Avoid smoking or flames after applying this cream as it may cause burns.
Mode of Action of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
- Use Elosone cream for local application on to the affected skin area.
- Follow the advice of your doctor and do not rub the medicine vigorously on to the skin.
- Elosone cream is not recommended for children under the age of 2.
- Do not use the cream on your face for longer period without the doctor's consultation.
- Do not put the cream under your child’s nappy unless advised by your doctor.
- Bandage or plaster cover may not be needed for such medicine application. Please check with your doctor.
- Do not use in or around your eyes and avoid accidental ingestion of medicine.
Interactions of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
- Store Elosone cream in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard the unused medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Elosone 0.1 %W/W
- If you use Elosone cream more than you should or in large quantities, it may interfere with some hormone balance. These can be puffiness on the face, swelling of the face and weakness. The larger amount for a longer period may affect the growth and development of children. Accidental ingestion of the cream should not cause any concern. However, kindly consult your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed applying Elosone cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly if you feel better without consulting your doctor. It is advised to reduce the use gradually before stopping the use
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Elosone cream a steroid?
Q: Can you stop Elosone cream after 5 days?
Q: Can I use Elosone cream on the face?
- Elocon Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 November 2021]
- Elocon Cream - Patient Information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 November 2021]
- MOMOZ Cream [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 11 November 2021]