Contramal 100mg Injection 2ml
Contramal 100 MG Description
Contramal 100mg injection is a prescription medication primarily used to treat and prevent mild to moderate pain. Contramal contains Tramadol as its active ingredient that relieves pain due to arthri
tis, headache or lower back pain, etc. Often doctors prescribe the medication after an operation to relieve post-op pain. Contramal 100 mg injection belongs to a group of drugs called opioid analgesics that are essentially pain killers. Pain is caused due to certain receptors in the body, and it is an unpleasant sensation that can be triggered due to an injury or disease. Contramal injection can relieve general or localised pain. This medication is generally given under the supervision of a healthcare provider and should not be self-administered at home. It can be used to treat chronic pain (persistent pain). The dosage and frequency of the medication will be decided by the doctor depending on your symptoms and the severity of your condition. Contramal works like other opioids. It blocks pain signals from the brain and reduces pain perception. Some common side effects of the drug include dizziness, sleepiness, vomiting or dry mouth. If any of these side effects get worse or last for a longer duration of time, consult a doctor. Your doctor can suggest another medication or prescribe a similar drug that suits you better. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly if you feel better, as it can result in withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor before stopping the medicine or increasing its dosage. Contramal 100mg injection is not recommended for children below 12 years.
|₹3.29 (14% on MRP)
|To treat mild to moderate pain, treat chronic pain, treat pain due to an injury or illness
|Nausea, sweating, vomiting, dizziness, shortness of breath, constipation, sleepiness.
|ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN
Uses of Contramal 100 MG
- Treatment of moderate to severe pain
- Treatment of postoperative pain
- Treatment of long term (chronic) pain due to a disease or injury
Contraindications of Contramal 100 MG
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic towards opioids and tramadol or other inactive substances present in the medication.
- If you have a medical condition that causes seizures
- If you have a head injury
- If you have a dependency on solid painkillers, recreational drugs or alcohol
- If you have a respiratory illness or breathing difficulties, consult your doctor before taking the medication.
- If you have a pre-existing kidney or liver problem
- If you have had an adverse allergic reaction to a painkiller in the past
Side effects of Contramal 100 MG
- Minor pain at the injection site
- Agitation and anxiety
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Itching or rash
- Dry Mouth
- Low energy
Precautions and Warnings of Contramal 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are having suicidal thoughts.
- Patients who have depression should use the drug with caution. Contramal can increase the risk of confusion and developing suicidal thoughts. It is essential to report any change in your thoughts or signs to your doctor, who can reduce your dosage or find a more suitable medicine for you. ...
- You have a prior history of drug dependence.
- Contramal has a high potential for addiction and can become habit-forming when used for a long time. Your doctor should monitor your behaviour and instil safety precautions to reduce the risk of drug abuse. ...
- You have breathing issues.
- Patients with a history of respiratory disorder should use the drug with extreme caution since Contramal can increase the risk of worsening the symptoms. Based on the clinical condition, the doctor can suggest a suitable alternative. ...
- Elderly patients
- The medication should be used with caution in older adults due to an increased risk of harming the liver and kidney. Your doctor may start with a low dosage and see how the patient responds.
- Contramal is not recommended in children below the age of 12 years.
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Suddenly discontinuing Contramal can result in withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor will ask you to taper the dosage of the medication slowly.
Mode of Action of Contramal 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Contramal 100 MG
- Always use the Contramal 100mg injection when directed by your doctor. Read the prescription pamphlet carefully before using it. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are unclear about the instructions. ...
- The dosage is decided based on the intensity of your pain and pain sensitivity. Generally, a lower pain-relieving dosage is recommended.
- The usual dosage advised for people is 50 to 100mg of tramadol that can be two to three times a day or as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Talk to your doctor if you feel the currently prescribed dosage isn't relieving your pain effectively....
- Your doctor, nurse or healthcare provider will give you the injection. Kindly do not self administer the injection.
Interactions of Contramal 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Warfarin or other anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs treat depression)
- Antipsychosis (medications to treat psychosis)
- Other painkillers or opioids
- Carbamazepine (treats epilepsy)
- Buprenorphine (painkiller)
- Ondansetron (prevents nausea and vomiting)
- Rifampicin (antibiotic)
- Drugs used to treat HIV/AIDS
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn’t influence the effect of Contramal. Do not drink alcohol or grapefruit juice while taking Contramal 100mg, as it can intensify the effects. Talk to your doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you are currently taking before using Contramal....