Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7's
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
7 Vaginal Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule is a combination of Clindamycin, Tinidazole and Clotrimazole, which is used to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic vaginal infections. It works by stopping the growth of micro-organisms that cause infection, thus preventing the spreading of the infection. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration it is prescribed for. This medicine is meant only for vaginal application. Some common side effects include burning, itching, irritation in the vagina and pain during urination. If these side effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines, herbs, supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule is used to treat different types of vaginal infections related with vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may be due to fungal, bacterial or parasitic infection or a mixture of them.
Contraindications of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
- If you are known to be allergic to Clindamycin or Tinidazole or Clotrimazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are known to have diarrhoea with blood in stools, severe pain and cramping in the stomach seen in some diseases of the intestines.
- If you have a history of severe diarrhoea with blood in stools and pain in the stomach after using an antibiotic.
Side effects of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
- Burning, itching in the area applied
- Pain while passing urine
- Heavy bleeding during menses (periods)
- Vaginal irritation
- Skin redness
Precautions and Warnings of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
Can I use Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule during pregnancy?
- Clingen Forte vaginal capsule should be avoided during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk.read less
- You should consult your doctor before starting this capsule, if you are pregnant, think you are or are planning to have a baby.
Can I use Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule while breastfeeding?
You should consult your doctor before using Clingen Forte while breastfeeding, as it passes into human milk and may be harmful to the baby. If you’re using this medicine while breastfeeding it is advised to refrain from breastfeeding till 3 days after the course ends. If your baby gets diarrhoea, diaper rash, blood in stools, take your child to a doctor immediately.
Can I drive if I have used Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule?
There is limited information about the effects of Clingen Forte vaginal capsule with driving but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule?
There is limited information about the effects of Clingen Forte vaginal capsule with alcohol but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience diarrhoea, lower stomach pain, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting or foul-smelling vaginal discharge, after using this medicine.
- It is to be used only as a vaginal tablet and should not be consumed
- You are advised to avoid intercourse even with condoms or vaginal diaphragms as the medicine can cause them to be less effective.
- You should also not use tampons, vaginal douches or other vaginal products while using Clingen Forte.
- You should preferably use cotton underwear
- Dry the area around the vagina after a bath and change damp clothing at the earliest. Wipe the area dry from front to back after visiting the toilet. Avoid scratching the area around the vagina.
- If your partner has itching, redness or discomfort in the private parts, he should visit a doctor and inform about your treatment as well.
- If this medicine is accidentally consumed, visit your doctor immediately or if it comes in contact with your eye, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Mode of Action of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
How Does It Work?
- Clindamycin in Clingen Forte vaginal capsule attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, thus preventing the production of substances required for their growth. It controls their spread.
- Tinidazole in Clingen Forte vaginal capsule is broken down by a microorganism called Trichomonas. The by-products produced, in turn, kill it. It also affects the genetic material of bacteria. This inhibits their growth and ultimately stops their spread.read less
- Clotrimazole in Clingen Forte vaginal capsule attaches to the covering of the fungus cells. It destroys the covering and makes it porous. This slows the growth of the fungus and kills it.
Directions for Use of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
- You should use Clingen forte vaginal capsule in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Read and follow the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash thoroughly and dry your hands and vaginal area.
- Do not use it more than the recommended dose or duration.
- If there is any accidental exposure of the medicine to the eyes or mouth, you must wash immediately.
Interactions of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as Clingen Forte contains Clindamycin, Tinidazole & Clotrimazole, any interactions seen with these 3 components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Medicines like Atracurium, Vecuronium which are used to relax muscles before surgery, should be used carefully with Clingen forte as the duration of muscle relaxation may be increased.
Storage and disposal of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
Clingen Forte vaginal capsule should be kept in a cool, dry place, away from children and pets. Do not freeze it. You should discard expired medicines. For expiry date refer to the box or packaging. If only the month and year are mentioned, the expiry date is the last day of that month. You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
If you think you have taken too much of Clingen Forte vaginal capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results.
- If you have missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is also important that you should continue using the medication for the exact number of days for which your doctor has advised you to take it even though your symptoms are gone and you feel better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Clingen Forte vaginal capsule on my own if I feel my symptoms have gone away?
A: No, you should never stop taking Clingen Forte vaginal capsule until advised by your doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure and recurrence of infection.
Q: Can I use Clingen Forte vaginal capsule for any white discharge?
A: It is important to note that Clingen Forte vaginal capsule is an antibiotic and should be used only in a confirmed case of infection. That being said, you will have to visit a gynaecologist who will confirm if you have an infection or not after careful examination. Your gynaecologist may then prescribe you Clingen Forte or any other appropriate antibiotic based on your infection and general health.
Q: Can Clingen Forte vaginal capsule be used during periods?
A: You are advised to discontinue Clingen Forte vaginal capsule till your periods stop. It is very important that you discuss this with your gynaecologist before starting this medicine or as soon as your periods start.
Q: Can one have intercourse while using Clingen Forte capsule?
A: You are advised not to have intercourse till the duration of treatment ends and until your gynaecologist approves it, as your partner may get the infection. Intercourse with protection is also not advisable as the tablet may react with the material of protection and break it, thus wasting its purpose.
Q: Does Clingen Forte vaginal capsule burn while using it?
A: You may experience a little vaginal burning, irritation or itching while using Clingen Forte vaginal capsule. If you feel your condition is worsening or if the burning continues, you should contact your doctor at the earliest.
- USPI. Cleocin Vaginal Cream. [Accessed on 07.Aug.2020] (online)
- Medscape. Tinidazole. [Accessed on 07.Aug.2020] (online)
- USPI. Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream. [Accessed on 07.Aug.2020] (online)
- LactMed. Tinidazole. [Accessed on 07.Aug.2020] (online)
- LactMed. Clotrimazole. [Accessed on 07.Aug.2020] (online)
- LactMed. Clindamycin. [Accessed on 07.Aug.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved