Clingen Forte Vaginal Capsule 7'S
Clingen Forte Vaginal capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial, fungal and parasitic vaginal infections. It is a combination of clindamycin, tinidazole and clotrimazole. Clingen Forte works by
stopping the growth of micro-organisms that cause infection, thus preventing the spread of the infection. Use this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. This capsule is meant only for vaginal use only. Clingen Forte Vaginal capsule should be used only by women. Place this medicine appropriately into the vagina as instructed by your doctor. You should always complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine. Seek medical advice before using the Clingen Forte Vaginal capsule during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
|You Save||₹25.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tinidazole(100.0 Mg) + Clotrimazole(100.0 Mg) + Clindamycin(100.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Vaginal irritation, skin redness, burning, itching|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Uses of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
Contraindications of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
- If you are known to be allergic to clindamycin, tinidazole, clotrimazole or any other ingredients of Clingen Forte.
- If you are known to have diarrhoea with blood in stools, severe pain and cramping in the stomach seen in some diseases of the intestines.
- If you have a history of severe diarrhoea with blood in stools and pain in the stomach after using an antibiotic.
Side effects of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
- Burning, itching in the area applied
- Pain while passing urine
- Heavy bleeding during menses (periods)
- Vaginal irritation
- Skin redness
Precautions and Warnings of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
- Clingen Forte vaginal capsule should be avoided during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
- You should consult your doctor before starting this capsule, if you are pregnant, think you are or are planning to have a baby.
Other General Warnings
- You may experience diarrhoea, lower stomach pain, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting or foul-smelling vaginal discharge, after using this medicine.
- It is to be used only as a vaginal tablet and should not be consumed
- You are advised to avoid intercourse even with condoms or vaginal diaphragms as the medicine can cause them to be less effective.
- You should also not use tampons, vaginal douches or other vaginal products while using Clingen Forte.
- You should preferably use cotton underwear
- Dry the area around the vagina after a bath and change damp clothing at the earliest. Wipe the area dry from front to back after visiting the toilet. Avoid scratching the area around the vagina.
- If your partner has itching, redness or discomfort in the private parts, he should visit a doctor and inform about your treatment as well.
- If this medicine is accidentally consumed, visit your doctor immediately or if it comes in contact with your eye, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Directions for Use of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
- You should use Clingen forte vaginal capsule in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Read and follow the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash thoroughly and dry your hands and vaginal area.
- Do not use the capsules for more than the recommended duration.
- If there is any accidental exposure of the medicine to the eyes or mouth, you must wash immediately.
Storage and disposal of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
Dosage of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results.
- If you have missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is also important that you should continue using the medication for the exact number of days for which your doctor has advised you to take it even though your symptoms are gone and you feel better.
Mode of Action of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
How Does It Work?
- Clindamycin in Clingen Forte vaginal capsule attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, thus preventing the production of substances required for their growth. It controls their spread.
- Tinidazole in Clingen Forte vaginal capsule is broken down by a microorganism called Trichomonas. The by-products produced, in turn, kill it. It also affects the genetic material of bacteria. This inhibits their growth and ultimately stops their spread....
- Clotrimazole in Clingen Forte vaginal capsule attaches to the covering of the fungus cells. It destroys the covering and makes it porous. This slows the growth of the fungus and kills it.
Interactions of CLINGEN FORTE VAGINAL CAPSULE 7'S
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as Clingen Forte contains clindamycin, tinidazole & clotrimazole, any interactions seen with these 3 components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Medicines like Atracurium, Vecuronium which are used to relax muscles before surgery, should be used carefully with Clingen forte as the duration of muscle relaxation may be increased.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Clingen Forte vaginal capsule on my own if I feel my symptoms have gone away?
Q: Can I use Clingen Forte vaginal capsule for any white discharge?
Q: Can Clingen Forte vaginal capsule be used during periods?
Q: Can one have intercourse while using Clingen Forte capsule?
Q: Does Clingen Forte vaginal capsule burn while using it?
Q: Is Clingen Forte vaginal capsule used for fungal infection?
Q: Can I stop using Clingen Forte vaginal capsule if my symptoms improve?
Q: Can Clingen Forte vaginal capsule be used for Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: Is Clingen Forte vaginal capsule an antibiotic?
- Cleocin Vaginal Cream USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Tindamax (tinidazole) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- LactMed - Tinidazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- LactMed - Clotrimazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- LactMed - Clindamycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]