Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets Description
Calcifit 500 tablet is used to treat low levels of calcium in the blood such as weak bones, bone loss, muscle weakness; when an individual does not get enough calcium from the diet. Calcifit 500 tabl
et contains calcium and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol /colecalciferol). Calcium plays a vital role in the body, necessary for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, muscle and bones, and vitamin D absorbs the calcium and phosphorus in the body. It should be taken with meals to gain optimal benefit.
Uses of Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Calcifit 500 tablet is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency
- It is used in the treatment of osteoporosis
- This supplement is also used in special populations like the elderly, pregnant, breastfeeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Precautions and Warnings of Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to vitamin D, calcium or any other ingredients of Calcifit 500 tablet.
- You have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption.
- You have kidney problems or blood cancer.
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have high levels of cholesterol, then caution is needed.
- Never take thyroid medicine and this product together.
Ingredients and Benefits of Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Calcifit 500 tablet contains calcium and vitamin D3.
- Calcium: It is essential for the functioning of like nerves, muscles, cells and bone strength.
- Vitamin D3: It increases the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine. It is crucial for bone strength. Due to a lack of vitamin D, you may experience fractures, muscle pain, weakness....
Directions for Use of Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Calcifit 500 tablet should be taken as advised by your doctor.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- Do not take this supplement in excess or use it for a prolonged period
Storage and disposal of Calcifit 500mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Store Calcifit 500 tablet at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are good source of vitamin D?
- Very few food products are a good source of vitamin D like cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun.
- Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin deficiency.
Q: Why should one take vitamin D?
- With our current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars; with hardly any exposure to the sun.
- This is leading to increased vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness.
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
Q: Can it be harmful if I take it too much of Calcifit 500 tablet?
- Yes taking too much Calcifit 500 tablet can be harmful. There is a misconception that too many vitamins are not harmful.
- When taken in excess or high doses for too long excessive vitamin D and calcium can cause an overdose.
- Overdose can cause loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, bone pain, excessive thirst, increased calcium in the blood, urine, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat.
- If you think you have taken too much of Calcifit 500 tablet, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately
Q: How to take Calcifit 500 tablet?
- Accrete D3 film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 January 2022]
- Accrete D3 film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 January 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin D [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 January 2022]
- CAL360 Tablets (Calcium citrate malate + Vitamin D3 ) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 5 January 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Calcifit Delicious Mango Milkshake Flavour Bottle Of 200 Ml Syrup
- Calcifit 250 Mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Calcifit D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Calcifit Forte Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calcifit Forte Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Calcifit Bottle Of 200 Ml Syrup
- Calcifit D 1 K Tablet
- Meridian Enterprises Calcifit Syrup Bottle Of 200 Millilitre