Similac Isomil Soy Baby Food Lactose Free (upto 24 Months) Tin Of 400 G
Similac Isomil is a soy-based, milk-free, lactose-free, low osmolality infant formula, specially created to meet the nutritional needs of infants suffering from lactose intolerance or sensitivity, milk allergy, management of diarrhoea and galactosemia. Similac powder with soy protein isolate and its inherent nucleotides has been shown to support a baby’s digestive & immune system development. Its unique carbohydrate blend, with two different absorptive pathways, help maximize absorption and minimize the risk of malabsorption. The fat blend in Similac has been shown to provide excellent calcium absorption and softer stools. Its soy-based formula is designed for common feeding problems & to help reduce fussiness, gas, and spit-up. The essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals (such as calcium and iron) in its blend are known to support the healthy growth of the baby. For over 85 years, Similac from Abbott Nutrition has set the standards for science-based infant nutrition and has been nourishing babies worldwide.
- Similac helps infants with lactose intolerance and other milk allergies to meet their daily nutritional needs.
- It supports a baby’s digestive and immune system development.
- Similac powder has also been shown to provide excellent calcium absorption.
Similac powder contains hydrolyzed corn starch, soy protein isolate (15.61%), edible vegetable oil (high oleic sunflower oil, coconut oil, soy oil), sucrose, minerals such as calcium phosphate tribasic, sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, cupric sulfate, potassium iodide and sodium selenite, acidity regulator (potassium citrate), vitamins such as ascorbic acid, choline chloride, ascorbyl palmitate, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, vitamin A palmitate, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, beta carotene, folic acid, phylloquinone, biotin, vitamin D2 and cyanocobalamin, l-methionine, taurine and l-carnitine tartrate.
Similac is primarily used for infants suffering from lactose intolerance and milk allergies to meet their daily nutritional needs.
How to Use
Mix two scoops of Similac powder in a glass of warm water. Use water that has been fully boiled for 5 minutes and subsequently cooled down. This preparation can be fed from a cup, mixed with cereal or other solid foods.
- Infant milk substitute is not the sole source of nourishment for an infant.
- Careful and hygienic preparation of infant milk substitute is most essential for health.
- Do not use fewer scoops than directed since diluted feeding will not provide adequate nutrients needed by your infant.
- Do not use more scoops than directed since concentrated feed will not provide the water needed by your infant.
- Lactose-free infant milk substitute should only be used in case of diarrhoea due to Lactose intolerance.
- This Lactose-free infant milk substitute should be withdrawn if there is no improvement in symptoms of intolerance.
- Infant food/Infant milk substitute should be used only on the advice of a health worker as to the need for its use and the proper method of its use.
Q1. How long is a prepared formula of Similac Isomil good for?
Ans 1. Formula made from Similac Powder must be consumed within 24 hours
Q2. Can Similac Isomil be a substitute for breastmilk?
Ans 2. Similac Powder is intended for babies with milk allergies, hence it is not recommended to use this product as a breastmilk substitute if your baby has no milk allergies.