Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray 70g
Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray is used to kill microbes such as viruses and bacteria helping to prevent infections caused by bacteria, fungus and viruses. It is used for surface cleaning and thus can be used for household cleaning purposes. It can be used on common areas of the house which are often touched by several different people and are hotbeds for a wide variety of germs and bacteria.
- It is popular as a versatile spray that disinfects and deodorises in one easy step.
- It can be used on various hard and soft surfaces such as tables, door handles, chairs, carpets and curtains.
- It is effective in killing H1N1, rotavirus and norovirus.
- It kills antibiotic-resistant germs and helps in keeping your atmosphere healthy and clean.
- Ethanol IP
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- It is used to disinfect flat and hard surfaces from bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- It is used as a disinfectant in both workplaces and households.
- It is used to kill 99.99% of germs around your home and leaves the house smelling fresh and pleasant.
How to Use
- To use, shake the can and hold it at a distance of 15 - 20 cm from the desired surface that needs to be disinfected and spray such that the surface is covered in mist.
- There is no need to wipe the surface, allow it to air dry.
- Read the packaging instructions carefully before use.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not use it on copper, brass, painted/shellacked/lacquered/varnished surfaces (including treated/polished wood) or acrylic plastics.
Q1. Can Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray be used to clean tiles?
Ans: Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray is used to clean floors and tiles due to its powerful disinfectant properties. The presence of alcohol aids in killing the microbes such as viruses, bacteria and fungi. It also contains certain chemicals that aid in the killing of germs on surfaces not visible to the naked eye. This process might not clean dirty surfaces but killing germs reduces the risk of infection.
Q2. What is the difference between an antiseptic and disinfectant?
Ans: Although used interchangeably, antiseptic and disinfectants have different uses. Antiseptics are usually used on the skin to kill microbes. This helps to lower your risk of infections. On the other hand, disinfectant is used on non-living things such as tables, windows, floors or doors to kill microbes that can attack humans and increase the risk of infections.
Q3. Can Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray be used on the skin?
Ans: Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray uses a combination of alcohols that should only be used to disinfect the surface such as tabletops, doorknobs, curtains, etc. It should never be used on the skin or for any personal hygiene. Do not use it on cuts, scratches and insect bites. If used for personal hygiene and as an antiseptic for the skin (such as cuts and wounds or as an after-shave lotion), it may cause irritation and a stinging sensation on the skin.