Calcium carbonate works by neutralizing hydrochloric acid in gastric secretions. It also inhibits the action of pepsin by increasing the pH and via adsorption. When used as a nutritional supplement, calcium carbonate acts by directly increasing calcium stored within the body.
- As advised by the physician.
- Usually it may be taken with or without food. Take with meals for better absorption and avoid taking with large amount of fibre-rich food.
- Calcium deficiency
- Relief of heartburn
- Acid indigestion
- Inform the physician if the patient is allergic to the active ingredients and any other drugs. Brief about the allergy and the signs like:
• Shortness of breath
• Swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat or any other signs.
The patient should tell the doctor about any history of :
• Renal impairment
• Hypoparathyroid disease
• Hypercalcaemia-associated diseases