Zoladex 3.6mg Pre Filled Syringe Of 1 Injection
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
1 Injection(s) in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoladex 3.6 MG Description
Zoladex injection contains a medicine called goserelin, which belongs to a group called 'LHRH analogues'. It has multiple uses in treatment of prostate cancer, breast cancer, in endometriosis and is
used in both men and women and must only be taken under medical supervision.
|You Save||₹1463.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Goserelin Acetate(3.6 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of prostate cancer, endometriosis|
|Side effects||Rash, weight gain, joint pain, hair loss, hot flushes|
Check more medicines with composition as Goserelin Acetate(3.6 Mg)
Uses of Zoladex 3.6 MG
- Treatment of prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women
- Endometrial thinning
- Growths in uterus
Contraindications of Zoladex 3.6 MG
- Hypersensitivity to goserelin or other contents of this injection
Side effects of Zoladex 3.6 MG
- Shortness of breath
- Sweating or hot flushes
- Pain at injection site
- Reduced sex drive
- Hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Zoladex 3.6 MG
Is taking the Zoladex injection safe during pregnancy?
Due to the risk for harm to the growing baby or abortion, this injection is not advised for use in pregnant women.
Is it okay to take the Zoladex injection when I'm breastfeeding?
Treatment with Zoladex injection is not recommended in breastfeeding or nursing mothers.
Can I drive after taking the Zoladex injection?
Zoladex administration does not have any influence on the ability to drive or use machines
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Zoladex injection?
Alcohol consumption and Zoladex can both worsen the chance of bone density reduction. So, you should consult a doctor about the safety of taking alcohol after taking Zoladex.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any illness that can affect bone strength or density
- You are facing issues with your back or while urinating
- You smoke or drink alcohol and have a poor diet
- You have another disease that you are being treated for
- You are previously taking any medications, including the herbal ones
- You experience pain in the bones after taking Zoladex
- You get vaginal bleeding after taking the injection and it does not stop
- You feel very sick or thirsty after taking Zoladex
- You have a family history of osteoporosis
- You have a high blood pressure condition or have heart problems
- You have issues with blood vessels or heart rhythm
- You have diabetes
- You notice pain in the stomach or swelling after taking Zoladex
Mode of Action of Zoladex 3.6 MG
How Does It Work?
Zoladex injection contains goserelin. This medicine acts by inhibiting the secretion of chemicals called gonadotropins from the pituitary gland in the brain, which has been shown to reduce tumour growth in animal studies. It also reduces amount of sex hormones in the body that help with conditions like endometriosis, or in infertility....
Directions for Use of Zoladex 3.6 MG
- The implant will be injected after every couple days by the doctor or a nurse
- Do not inject it yourself
- Take the treatment as long as the doctor prescribes
- You should remind your doctor or nurse of the next appointment
- If it has been more than 28 days since your previous injection, make an appointment with your doctor right away
- Keep taking the injection even if you feel well after taking it
Interactions of Zoladex 3.6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used in heart conditions given with Zoladex can disturb the regular heart rhythm
- Caution must be exercised when giving the injection with other medicines like those used in heart conditions, in treatment of psychosis, methadone, moxifloxacin, etc
- Concomitant use of bisphosphonates has been found to reduce bone loss due to Zoladex
- Non-hormonal contraceptives should not be used while being treated with Zoladex
- Gonadotropins combined with Zoladex can cause exaggerated response to hormones in the body
Storage and disposal of Zoladex 3.6 MG
Do not store the injection above 25°C. Ensure that it is out of sight and reach of minors. Do not use the tablets after the expiration date. Do not throw the leftover medicine away in the garbage or flush it down the drain. Ask the pharmacist how to correctly dispose of old medications....
Dosage of Zoladex 3.6 MG
In the event of an overdose, inform your doctor immediately if you do not feel well. No particular undesirable effects have been identified due to this.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take the injection as planned, you should ask your doctor immediately and book another appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe for children to be given this injection?
A: Zoladex is not recommended for use in children due to lack of safety data.
Q: Will my bone density be permanently affected by this injection?
A: Zoladex can cause reduction in bone calcium levels due to which the bone density may reduce during treatment. This is likely to improve after the therapy is stopped. Few other medicines may be prescribed with this to avoid bone density loss.
Q: I have started to get acne on my face. Is it related to Zoladex?
A: Zoladex has been very commonly found to induce acne, especially in women. This has been observed within one month of starting the therapy. Consult you doctor for this.
Q: After starting treatment with Zoladex, I have not been getting periods. Is this normal?
A: In women, Zoladex has been found to decrease one of the hormones called estradiol in the blood. This suppresses follicle development in the ovary and causes thinning of the uterus lining. Due to this, majority of women do not get periods after starting treatment. Talk to your doctor for doubts about this.
- DailyMed - ZOLADEX- goserelin acetate implant [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 15 March 2022]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=a906a5bd-d2ec-4e35-8962-c0c86c637630
- Zoladex 3.6mg Implant - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1543/smpc#gref
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed