Zanocin 100mg Syp
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
60ml Oral Liquid in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zanocin 100mg Syp is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that is administered for treating bacterial infections.
Uses of Zanocin 100mg Syp
Doctors prescribe Zanocin 100mg Syp for the treatment of bacterial infections such as urinary tract infection; respiratory tract infection; infections of skin, intestine, stomach, and genitals. Other Zanocin 100mg Syp uses include the treatment of STDs such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia.
Contraindications of Zanocin 100mg Syp
- Skin rash
- Breathing difficulty
- Facial swelling, including lips and tongue
- Tendonitis (inflammation of tendons)
- Age < 18 years
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy
- Patient suffering from glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, which is a hereditary disease affecting the RBCs or having a family history of disease condition
Side effects of Zanocin 100mg Syp
- Visual disturbance
- Pain behind eyes
- Ringing in ears
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Facial swelling
- Numb and tingling sensation
- Disturbed sensations
- Burning feeling
- Popping sound in joints
- Loose motions
- Pain in the upper part of abdomen
- Yellow colouration of eyes, skin and nails
- Dark-coloured urine and stool (clay coloured)
- Irregular heart beat
- Breathing (fast or slow),
- Heart pain
- Pain in chest
- Loose motions with blood, mucus and pain
- Purple-coloured rash
- Bruising on skin
- Change in behaviour
- Tremors and nightmares
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin 100mg Syp
Can I take Zanocin 100mg Syp during pregnancy?
You should not take Zanocin 100mg Syp if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. If you get pregnant while taking Zanocin 100mg Syp, you should stop the medication and inform your doctor.
Can I take Zanocin 100mg Syp while breastfeeding?
You should not be breastfeeding while taking Zanocin 100mg Syp because it can pass into the breast milk and harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zanocin 100mg Syp?
If you are experiencing any side effects such as drowsiness or dizziness, you should not consider driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Zanocin 100mg Syp?
You should not take alcohol and Zanocin 100mg Syp because you will feel drowsiness and dizziness
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Tell your physician, If you have/had heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, myasthenia gravis (in which there is weakening of muscles), mental issues, low blood sugar, diabetes, nerve disorder, seizures, heart attack, weakened heart, slow heart beat (called as bradycardia), problems in joints or bones or tendons, a family history of QT prolongation in ECG, low potassium levels, or drugs that have caused abnormal ECG readings. Elderly patients and females should be cautious when taking Zanocin 100mg Sypread less
Mode of Action of Zanocin 100mg Syp
Zanocin 100mg Syp acts by inhibiting microbial cell growth but is not effective against viral infections.
Directions for Use of Zanocin 100mg Syp
You should shake the bottle of medicine well and measure the appropriate Zanocin 100mg Syp dosage prescribed by your doctor. You should not take more than the prescribed dosage; however, you should increase your fluid intake and avoid direct contact with sunlight.
Interactions of Zanocin 100mg Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Other fluoroquinolones such as levofloxacin, gemifloxacin, moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin and norfloxacin
- Blood thinning agents such as warfarin, coumadin and jantoven
- Didanosine for treating HIV
- NSAIDs such as aspirin, indomethacin, diclofenac, naproxen
- Drugs used for various psychological conditions and depression
- Drugs for treating irregular heart beat such as quinidine, amiodarone and sotalol
- Antacids containing zinc, magnesium, calcium, milk of magnesia and aluminium
- The effect of typhoid vaccines can be affected
Interactions with food items
- Zanocin 100mg Syp interacts with milk, curd, paneer and other dairy products; therefore, it is advised to take Zanocin 100mg Syp two hours before or two hours after taking dairy products.
Storage and disposal of Zanocin 100mg Syp
You should store the bottle of Zanocin 100mg Syp in a dry area at room temperature and ensure it is kept away from children, pets and sunlight
Dosage of Zanocin 100mg Syp
- Inform your doctor
In case you missed a dose of Zanocin 100mg Syp, you should try to take the missed dose as and when you remember. A missed dose can result in antibiotic resistance towards infection; therefore, you should always complete the duration of the antibiotic course prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Zanocin 100mg Syp?
A: It contains 100 mg of ofloxacin.
Q: What precautions should I take while I am taking Zanocin 100mg Syp?
A: You should cover your skin with protectives or apply suitable sunscreen with SPF 30 or 40 while going out to prevent sunburn. Moreover, you should consult your doctor if you experience rashes, itching or swelling.
Q: Can I take Zanocin 100mg Syp with water or fruit juice?
A: Food might affect the activity of Zanocin 100mg Syp. Ask your doctor if you can take it with juice or water.
Q: How do I take the syrup?
A: Follow the instructions on Zanocin 100mg Syp package to take the syrup correctly. Ask your doctor if you have any questions regarding its administration.
Q: Is it okay to keep the Zanocin 100mg Syp in bright light?
A: Do not store Zanocin 100mg Syp in bright light. Keep it at moist free and cool area.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved