Vomikind Bottle Of 30ml Syrup
Vomikind 2 MG/ML Description
Vomikind syrup is an antiemetic medicine. It is used to control nausea and vomiting in children. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. This syrup works by blocking the action of the natural hormone serotonin, which may cause nausea and vomiting.
Vomikind syrup is specially designed for children. Shake the bottle well before each use. Using the measuring cup provided along with the Vomikind syrup bottle. Give this medicine as prescribed by your child's doctor at the prescribed dose and duration.
A few more preparations that also contain the same molecule are Emigo suspension, Ondem syrup, Emeset syrup, and Zofer syrup. Inform the doctor about all of your child's medications, including pain relievers, antibiotics, and medications used to treat other problems. Also, let the doctor know if your child has a history of liver problems, kidney malfunction, or allergies to any medicine, its ingredients, or a food product.
Uses of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
Contraindications of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
- If your child is allergic to ondansetron or other ingredients of Vomikind syrup.
- If your child is taking a medicine called apomorphine, which is used to treat loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
- Sensation of warmth
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- Your child is allergic to Vomikind syrup or similar medicines like granisetron or palonosetron.
- Your child has severe constipation or has a blockage in the stomach as the medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- Your child has heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- Your child has liver problems or a condition of salt imbalance in blood or dehydration or your child is experiencing fluid loss.
Directions for Use of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
- Do not give Vomikind syrup directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Storage and disposal of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
- Store Vomikind syrup at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets. ...
- Do not flush unused or expired medicines in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Quick Tips of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
- Vomikind syrup is prescribed to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting.
- Give this medication exactly as recommended by the doctor. Shake well before use. Use a dropper or measuring cup for the exact quantity.
- Inform the doctor if your child's condition is not improved even after using Vomikind syrup.
- If your child or baby experiences an allergic reaction after taking this medication, inform your doctor immediately.
- Headache, constipation, and hiccups may occur in some individuals with the use of Vomikind syrup.
Dosage of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Vomikind 2 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are giving medicine like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias.
- Your child may experience irregular heart rhythm if you give medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as atenolol or timolol, antimalarial medicine such as halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like erythromycin and antifungal medicine like ketoconazole....
- Your child may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you give Vomikind syrup along with apomorphine.
- Medicines that are used to relieve pain like tramadol may not work when taken along with Vomikind syrup.
- Your child may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils, and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental states with medicines used to treat mental states like citalopram or sertraline....
- Some medicines may affect the way Vomikind syrup works, or Vomikind itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently giving or might give to your child to avoid possible interaction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before giving Vomikind syrup?
- Inform the doctor about the detailed medical & surgical history of your child.
- If your child has or had liver or stomach disease.
Q: Is Vomikind syrup sedative?
Q: What is Vomikind syrup used for?
Q: Can Vomikind syrup be given during pregnancy?
Q: Is Vomikind syrup useful for motion sickness?
Q: Can Vomikind syrup be used in children?
Q: When should I give Vomikind syrup to my child?
Q: Is Vomikind syrup for vomiting?
Q: Can we take Vomikind after food?
Q: What is the dose of Vomikind syrup for a child?
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]