Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tears Plus Eye Drop is an antibiotic. The active ingredient of this medication is Azithromycin. It is used to treat many bacterial infections associated with different parts of the body. It works by k
illing the bacteria responsible for the infection. You should always take this medicine for the prescribed duration for effective infection control. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Do not take this medicine on your own for any kind of infection. Recommendation of this medicine to anyone with similar symptoms to yours is strictly prohibited. Antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infection using them unnecessarily and incomplete duration can lead to antibiotic resistance and it can also harm beneficial bacteria present in the body....
Uses of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
- Tears Plus Eye Drop is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways, nasal passage, skin and soft tissue.
- It is also used for the treatment of enteric fever and pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class like erythromycin or any ingredient of Tears Plus Eye Drop.
Side effects of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
- Dizziness, breathing difficulty, headache, irregular heartbeat.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, lack of appetite, fever.
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, Swollen throat and lips fever.
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in the urine.
- Swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis), yellowing of the skin (jaundice).
Precautions and Warnings of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
Can I take Tears Plus Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited data regarding the safety of Tears Plus Eye Drop in pregnant women. Hence it is important to consult a doctor and should use this medication only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Tears Plus Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Constituents of Tears Plus Eye Drop pass in breast milk in small quantities and may cause rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby. Hence it is not advised to use this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tears Plus Eye Drop?
Tears Plus Eye Drop is not known to affect the driving ability of the patient. However, side effects like blurred vision and dizziness may be experienced while using this medicine. Hence, it is advised to avoid driving if you experience any such side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Tears Plus Eye Drop?
You should not consume alcohol along with Tears Plus Eye Drop as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Tears Plus Eye Drop.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental health problems.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection.
Mode of Action of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
Tears Plus Eye Drop by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
- Tears Plus Eye Drops should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Tears Plus Eye Drops may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Tears Plus Eye Drops.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly along with this tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking this tablet concomitantly along with medicines like cisapride that is used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are- medicines used for heart failure like digoxin, anti-gout medicines like colchicine, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, anticoagulants such as warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole etc....Read more
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
- Store Tears Plus Eye Drops in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Tears Plus Eye Drops 10ml
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Tears Plus Eye Drop.
Missed a Dose
- Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of the infection.
- If you missed any dose of Tears Plus Eye Drop take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Tears Plus Eye Drop if I feel better?
A: No, Tears Plus Eye Drop may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: What are the common side effects of Tears Plus Eye Drop?
A: The common side effects of Tears Plus Eye Drops include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach upset, etc.
Q: What is the use of Tears Plus Eye Drop?
A: It is used for serious bacterial infections of the eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Can I take Tears Plus Eye Drop for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Tears Plus Eye Drop for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Does Tears Plus Eye Droptreat acne?
A: Acne occurs due to various reasons, and the treatment varies as per the cause and other factors influencing this condition. Hence, it is advised to use this medicine only when prescribed by the doctor and avoid self-medication.
Q: How should I take Tears Plus Eye Drop?
A: Take Tears Plus Eye Drop as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
|You Save||₹16.28 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Povidone-iodine(6.0 Mg),Polyvinyl Alcohol(14.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, breathing difficulty, headache, irregular heart beat|
Last Updated on: 23 Mar 2021 | 11:48 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved