Spectra 25mg Capsule
Spectra 25 MG Description
Spectra Capsule is an antidepressant (depression medicine) used to deal with mental or mood problems such as insomnia, depression, and anxiety. Spectra Capsules is used to improve mood and instil emo
tions of well-being. It relieves stress and tension, enables you to sleep better and more peacefully, and improves your energy level. An anxiety disorder is a cognitive condition defined by feelings of unreasonable fear or worry that implicate someone's daily workouts. High anxiety levels can cause panic attacks, with intense feelings of fear, nervousness, hyperventilation, sudden onset of sweating, a fast heartbeat, and skin flushing. Spectra Capsule contains doxepin, a tricyclic antidepressant that helps by boosting the level of chemicals in the brain known as gamma-aminobutyric (GABA). As an outcome, your mood is enhanced by time. Spectra Capsule is prescribed for insomnia as well as it allows you to sleep longer and relieves sleep difficulties. Ideally, Spectra Capsule should be taken only for a short period and always under doctor guidance. Your doctor will determine the exact duration of your treatment with Spectra Capsule so that you receive the ideal amount to control your symptoms. If you have forgotten any dose, take it as quickly as you recall it. Additionally, the dosage of Spectra Capsules cannot be changed without talking to the doctor. Your dose may be revised or gradually reduced before quitting the medicine.
Uses of Spectra 25 MG
- Treats depressive disorders
- Relieves anxiety symptoms
- Efficacious for insomnia
Contraindications of Spectra 25 MG
- If someone has a medical condition like Schizophrenia or Heart Disease.
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland or taking thyroid medication.
- If someone has medical complications like Bipolar Disorder.
- If someone has a medical difficulty like vision loss due to abnormally high pressure in the eye (Narrow-angle glaucoma).
Side effects of Spectra 25 MG
- Increased heart rate
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in urination
- Dryness in the mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Spectra 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are a diabetic patient and a hypotension patient.
- You are allergic to any of its active ingredients.
- You suffer from epilepsy or convulsions.
- You've taken Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors in the last 14 days.
Mode of Action of Spectra 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Spectra 25 MG
- Follow your doctor's advice carefully when taking Spectra Capsule.
- Spectra Capsule must be taken with or without food as per your doctor's guidance.
- Make sure you take Spectra Capsule at the same time every day.
- It should be swallowed whole with water.
- Do not crush or chew the Spectra Capsule.
Interactions of Spectra 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor or consultant if you take Spectra Capsule. It may interact with the following medications:
- Anti-anxiety like lorazepam and antidepressants such as Spectra Capsule should not be used in combination as they may cause adverse effects on your heart.
- Opioid analgesics in combination with an antidepressant such as Spectra Capsule can reverse the effect of Opioid analgesics, so they cannot be used together.
- Antidepressants like Spectra Capsule and anti-convulsants such as gabapentin cannot be taken together as they have a very high risk of adverse effects.
Interactions with food items
- No food interactions have been found.
Storage and disposal of Spectra 25 MG
Dosage of Spectra 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should a Spectra Capsule not be taken?
Q: What is the Spectra Capsule used for?
Q: Can Spectra Capsule cause suicidal thoughts?
Q: Can Spectra Capsule be stopped suddenly?
Q: Does Spectra Capsule cause weight gain?
- 1. Drugs H. Doxepin (Depression, Anxiety): MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 23 December 2021]. Available from:
- 2. Encyclopedia M, overdose D. Doxepin overdose: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 23 December 2021]. Available from:
- 3. DailyMed - DOXEPIN HYDROCHLORIDE capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 23 December 2021]. Available from: