Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet
Pexep Cr 12.5 MG Description
Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet belongs to a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It is prescribed to treat generalised anxiety, panic disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, major
depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety, premenstrual dysphoric disorder and hot flashes due to menopause in women. Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet contains paroxetine as an active ingredient, known to act by raising the serotonin levels in the body. The tablet increases the level of serotonin in the body; the raised serotonin levels help fight depressive symptoms and symptoms of anxiety. Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet may cause minor to serious side effects. You are advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits.
|You Save||₹9.20 (5% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, anxiety, OCD, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social phobia|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, gas, heartburn, irregular menstruation|
Uses of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
- Treatment of major depression- Feeling of hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances).
- Treatments of generalised anxiety disorder - Excessive thoughts that are difficult to control).
- Treatment of panic disorder- A condition when all symptoms resemble that of a heart attack.
- Treatment of social anxiety disorder - Being fearful of socialising and communicating with people.
- OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- Treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder- Frightening flashbacks of the traumatic incident.
- Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder- Accompanied by mood swings, depression, anxiety.
- Relieves from symptoms like hot flashes on the face, neck and chest in menopausal women.
Contraindications of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
Side effects of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are about to start a new medication.
- Disclose to your doctor about whatever medications you have to start when taking Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet.
- You have overdosed. Consuming large amounts of other medications with Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet can lead to overdose or death.
- You notice a behavioural change. Closely monitor patients under Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet medication as they may develop suicidal thoughts.
- Most of the side effects are minor and will disappear once the body adjusts to the medicine. However, immediately consult your doctor if the symptoms persist or become worse.
Mode of Action of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
- You must take Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet as per the doctor’s prescription.
- You can take Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet with or without food. It is advisable to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
- Make sure to swallow the Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet whole and not chew, crush or break it.
- Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
- Do not stop taking medicine without prior consultation with your doctor.
- After taking Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet, if you experience palpitations or irregular heartbeat or any discomfort that does not go away, immediately consult your doctor or the nearest emergency hospital.
Interactions of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet may adversely interact with:
- Anticoagulants (warfarin)
- Opioid analgesics
Interactions with food items
- Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet may interact adversely with:
- St. John’s Wort (herbal medicine to treat depression).
- Tryptophan contains dietary supplements (milk, cheese, oats).
Storage and disposal of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
Dosage of Pexep Cr 12.5 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet can be fatal and include CNS depression leading to drowsiness and coma. Overdose may also produce severe symptoms like uncontrolled shaking of a part of the body, seizure, difficulty breathing, fainting and difficulty in urinating....
- If you happen to take too much of the Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet used for?
Q: Who should not use Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet?
- Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet should not be used in case of known hypersensitivity to the ingredients or those taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor drugs. It should also not be used during early or late pregnancy as the studies have shown paroxetine, an active ingredient in Pexep Cr 12.5mg Tablet, to cause heart defects in newborns. It is also not used or used in reduced doses in patients suffering from liver and kidney disorders....