Midacip Nasal Spray
By CIPLA LIMITED
5ml Nasal Spray in Bottle
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Midacip Nasal Spray is used as a sedative or pre-medicine for anaesthesia, sedation, or conscious sedation before any diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Before examinations, minor surgery, or dental procedures, Midacip Nasal Spray creates a calming feeling in the nose. It alleviates anxiety and muscle tension. It's a topical composition containing the drug Versed Midazolam, a depressant medication that works by calming the brain and central nervous system, which helps to prevent panic attacks. It's best to start with a small dose and gradually increase it. It is possible to have withdrawal symptoms such as convulsions, aggressive behaviour, blurred vision, and others if you abruptly stop taking this medication. This medication regulates the number of imbalanced chemicals released by the brain. It helps individuals suffering from depression. The prescription of Midacip could vary based on the patient's age, gender, and medical history....
|You Save||₹73.72 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Pre-operative sedation, Sedation in critical care, Induction of anaesthesia, Sedation for dental and minor surgical procedures, Premedication in surgery, Seizures, Short-term management of insomnia.|
|Side effects||CNS depression, hypotension, paradoxical reactions, anterograde amnesia, decreased tidal volume and respiratory rate, cough, drowsiness, headache.|
Check more medicines with composition as Midazolam(0.5 Mg)
Ingredients and Benefits
- The Midacip Nasal Spray five millilitre contains Midazolam, an anti-depressant medication that will increase a chemical traveller GABA to induce a normal body stage. GABA is a significant substance or neurotransmitter in the brain. ...
- Midacip Nasal Spray relaxes muscles.
- It additionally reduces anxiety and causes a normal body stage.
Uses of Midacip 0.5 MG
- Pre-operative sedation
- Sedation in critical care
- Induction of anaesthesia
- Sedation for dental and minor surgical procedures
- Premedication in surgery
- Short-term management of insomnia
Contraindications of Midacip 0.5 MG
- If you have a medical condition like acute narrow-angle eye disease or acute alcohol intoxication.
- A person has severe respiratory system failure.
- If you're tormented by diseases like dementedness, cardiovascular disease, Apnea, Infantile, Parkinson's syndrome.
- Pregnant women should only take it as recommended by their doctors.
Side effects of Midacip 0.5 MG
- CNS depression
- Paradoxical reactions
- Anterograde memory loss
- Decreased recurrent event volume and rate of respiration
- In case of any of the following symptoms, one should seek medical advice without any delay.
Precautions and Warnings of Midacip 0.5 MG
Can I take Midacip Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
No, Midacip Nasal Spray 5 ml is a Category D pregnancy drug. Thus, it is not recommended for pregnant women, especially in the last three months of pregnancy, as it may cause reverse impacts on the baby. Also, please consult a doctor if you are pregnant.
Can I take Midacip Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
Midacip Nasal Spray 5 ml is sometimes passed in human milk. However, always discuss with your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother and taking Midacip Nasal Spray.
Can I drive if I have taken Midacip Nasal Spray?
Midacip Nasal Spray can make you drowsy or affect your concentration and coordination so you shouldn't drive. It is recommended to avoid driving or any other activities that require mental alertness after taking Midacip Nasal Spray.
Can I consume alcohol with the Midacip Nasal Spray?
You shouldn't drink alcohol with Midacip Nasal Spray 5 ml because it can increase the sedative effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Talk to your doctor if you have a rash or itching on your body:
- If you have medical problems like Shortness of breath, Heart failure, Impaired gag reflex, Respiratory disease, Hepatic and renal impairment.
- You should see a doctor if you are experiencing swelling on your face, tongue, lips, or elsewhere.
Mode of Action of Midacip 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Midacip Nasal Spray is a benzodiazepine containing midazolam, a Short-Acting depressant. It is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream through the internal lining of the nose. It helps by improving the action of GABA, a chemical carrier that inhibits the unusual and unreasonable activity of the nerve cells in the brain. This enables the patient to regain their senses after a seizure faster....
Directions for Use of Midacip 0.5 MG
- Read the directions and drug guide to be used provided by your pill roller once you get Midacip Nasal Spray and each time you get a refill.
- Midacip Nasal Spray should be used in the nose only.
- Remove the Midacip Nasal Spray from the packet before applying it.
- Insert the tip of the nasal spray nozzle into one anterior naris. Gently, then firmly, press the plunger to release it.
- It doesn't have to be compelled to be breathed to figure.
- Also, throw away the nasal spray device after use
Interactions of Midacip 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Midacip shouldn't be taken with medicines such as Ketoconazole and Ethril despite their severe side effects. In addition, Midacip shouldn't be taken with medicines like carbamazepine, rifampin, or calcium blockers due to its moderate side effects....
Interactions with food items
The Midacip Nasal Spray could react with grapefruit and increase the adverse side effects. Therefore, avoid consuming grapefruit or fruit juice. Also, avoid alcohol consumption with Midacip Nasal Spray five millilitres because it could drastically increase the sedative effect....
Storage and disposal of Midacip 0.5 MG
- Store Midacip Nasal Spray at room temperature, away from light and water.
- Store Midacip Nasal Spray at an average temperature below 30°C.
- Don't store it in the bathroom.
Dosage of Midacip 0.5 MG
Contact emergency medical care if somebody overdoses on Midacip Nasal Spray and has severe symptoms like passing out or breathing difficulty. The drug could cause confusion, slow/shallow breathing, and coma in some people....
Missed a Dose
When you miss a dose of Midacip Nasal Spray, take it as soon as possible. Or, if it's nearly time for your next dose, skip the incomprehensible dose and come to your regular schedule. Don't double the number....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Midacip nasal spray used for?
A: Midacip Nasal Spray is used as a pre-medicine for anaesthesia, sedation, or conscious sedation before any diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. It also relieves tensions in muscles and anxiety, therefore making the person comfortable before examinations or minor surgical or dental procedures and methods.
Q: Does Midacip Nasal Spray 5 ml cause drowsiness?
- Yes, Midacip Nasal Spray 5 ml may cause drowsiness or affect concentration and coordination. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid driving or other activities requiring mental alertness after taking Midacip Nasal Spray. Also, it is an offence to drive after using Midacip Nasal Spray because of its sedative property....
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.