Metosartan 25mg Tablet
Metosartan 25 mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure when it cannot be managed using single medicine. It is a combination medicine containing metoprolol and telmisartan. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels and lowering the raised blood pressure. Do not stop taking this tablet abruptly, as it may cause sudden hypertensive crises and worsen the health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor. Visit a nearby clinic or hospital in case of any side effect that worsens or remain persistent. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Metosartan 25 mg tablet.
|You Save||₹25.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Metoprolol(25.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Breathlessness, dizziness, nausea|
- Tel Revelol 40/25mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 162.00₹ 137.706.39% CHEAPER₹ 13.77/Tablet
- Telmed Beta 25mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 169.00₹ 143.652.38% CHEAPER₹ 14.37/Tablet
- Metolar Tl 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 151.16₹ 128.4912.64% CHEAPER₹ 12.85/Tablet
- Telcure Beta 25mg Tablet 15'sBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 251.45₹ 213.733.13% CHEAPER₹ 14.25/Tablet
- Teleact Beta 40/25 Mg Tablet 10By Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 173.00₹ 147.05₹ 14.71/Tablet
- Embeta Tm 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 247.00₹ 209.954.83% CHEAPER₹ 14.00/Tablet
- Prolomet T 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.00₹ 120.7017.95% CHEAPER₹ 12.07/Tablet
- Telcad M 25 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aprica Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.49₹ 127.0713.6% CHEAPER₹ 12.71/Tablet
- Telvas Beta 25mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.00₹ 89.2539.29% CHEAPER₹ 8.93/Tablet
- Telminorm Bxl 40/25mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 162.00₹ 137.706.39% CHEAPER₹ 13.77/Tablet
Uses of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
Contraindications of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
- If you have any allergic reaction to Metoprolol, Telmisartan or any of the ingredient of Metosartan tablet
- If you are suffering from heart problems like heart block, heart failure or sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms)
- If you have a specific type of angina called Prinzmetal's angina
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease)
- If you have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- If you are suffering from an adrenal gland tumour (phaeochromocytoma)
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body or are on medicines to treat irregular heart rhythm like disopyramide)
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- If you are in the second or third trimester of pregnancy
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders) or severe liver disease
- If you have diabetes and you are on Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
Side effects of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
- Stomach pain
- Slow heart rate
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
- Pregnant women should not take the Metosartan 25 mg tablet as it may be unsafe during pregnancy and cause serious harm to the baby.
- If you are on this medication and are pregnant, think you may be or are planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed.
Other General Warnings
- You have asthma
- You have diabetes, caution is required. Metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma)
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone)
- You are suffering from psoriasis
- You have a circulation related problem in the toes, arm, legs or fingers
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina)
- You recently had any heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowed or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhoea or vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have an adequate amount of water and fluids
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril and Lisinopril
Directions for Use of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
- Take Metosartan 25 mg tablet as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time every day
- Never change the dose or stop this medicine on your own
Storage and disposal of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
- Store Metosartan tablets at or below 25°C
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Try to keep out of the reach of children
Quick Tips of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
- Metosartan 25mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medication. It is prescribed by doctors to treat high blood pressure. This medication can also help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke or death in high-risk patients....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. For better blood pressure control, take it at the same time every day.
- Do not stop this tablet on your own even if you start feeling better.
- It is recommended that you make certain lifestyle changes in addition to taking Metosartan 25mg tablet on time. Among these changes are eating a low-fat, low-salt diet, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 minutes every day, avoid smoking and limiting alcohol consumption....
- Avoid consuming potassium-rich foods like potatoes, bananas, etc.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure levels as directed by your doctor and report any changes.
- Metosartan 25mg tablet is not recommended if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking this medication, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor....
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Tiredness, headache, slow heartbeats, diarrhoea and dry mouth may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Metosartan 25mg tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- Missing a dose of your blood pressure medication can lead to serious health problems. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Take your next dose at the regular time if it is almost time for your next dose....
Dosage of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Metoprolol works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels and reduces high blood pressure.
- Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes the narrowing of blood vessels. It leads to an increase in blood pressure.
- Telmisartan prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors and causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure.
Interactions of METOSARTAN 25MG TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Metosartan 25 mg tablet contains Metoprolol and Telmisartan, if any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone, may occur with this combination
- Do not take it with medicines like Amiodarone, Disopyramide or painkillers like Indomethacin, Sulindac, Diclofenac and Foctafenine as these can decrease the effect of this medicine
- If you have diabetes, dose adjustment may be needed as this medicine can cause a drop in blood glucose levels and close glucose monitoring is advised
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prazosine, Tamsulosin, Terazosin and Doxazosin).
- If you have diabetes and you are on Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Caution is needed if you are taking Fluoxetine, Lithium, Paroxetine, Bupropion, Thioridazine (medicines for psychiatric illness), Diphenhydramine, Hydroxychloroquine and Mefloquine
- Medicines used to treat acidity or ulcers (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin)
- Medicines used to treat depression and Parkinson’s disease (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors)
- Medicines used to lower down the blood pressure (Clonidine, Guanfacine, Moxonidine, Methyldopa and Rilmenidine)
- Medicines used to treat migraine (Ergotamine) or Nitroglycerine
- General anaesthetics or local anaesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium and potassium-sparing diuretics
- Blood thinners like Warfarin and Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat infections like Trimethoprim, Rifampicin or Terbinafine
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide
Interactions with food items
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake in your diet
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop Metosartan 25 tablet on my own?
Q: What is the use of Metosartan 25?
Q: Is tab Metosartan a blood thinner?
- Metoprolol Tartrate 100 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- AG-METOPROLOL-L (Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets USP) [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- AG-Telmisartan (Telmisartan Tablets USP) [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Metoprolol Tartrate 100 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]