Lithosun 300mg Tablet
Lithosun 300 MG Description
Lithosun 300 mg tablet is a prescription medication used to treat adults with manic depression and bipolar disorder. The active ingredient of Lithosun 300 mg tablet is lithium. The medicine helps man
ge psychological disorders by balancing certain chemical substances in the brain. The exact mechanism of this medicine is not clear, but it significantly reduces suicidal risk in psychiatric patients. Lithium toxicity is most commonly seen in patients using this medicine, even in normal doses. So lithium levels in the body should be closely monitored. It is ideal if people using Lithosun 300 mg tablets have easy access to a nearby facility for regular lithium-level checks. Muscle tremors, twitching, hyperirritability and jerky movements are some of the side effects of Lithosun tablet. Lithosun 300 mg tablets should be taken with food every day at the same time to maintain constant levels of the medicine in the body. It helps to stay calm, reduce anxiety, and soothe excess nerves activity. This medicine may cause weight gain, so regularly eating a healthy diet and exercising is advised. It may take 1-3 weeks to notice the effects of this tablet, though this varies from person to person. Directions for use of Lithosun 300 mg tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should not be suddenly stopped without a doctor's recommendation.
|You Save||₹2.43 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Manic depression, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Tremors, Slurred speech, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory loss, Drowsiness, Dizziness|
Uses of Lithosun 300 MG
- As per CDSCO, Lithosun 300 mg tablet is used to treat manic depression (improves mood, reduces the need for sleep and aggressiveness). It is also used in the treatment of bipolar disorders. This medicine is well tolerated during the manic stage of bipolar disorder....
Contraindications of Lithosun 300 MG
- Do not take Lithosun 300 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you have a known allergy to lithium, do not take Lithosun tablets.
- If you have heart disease and severe dehydration.
- If you have a fluid and electrolyte imbalance like sodium depletion, Lithosun 300 mg tablet should be given after the fluid and electrolyte imbalance has been rectified in the body.
- If you have a significant kidney condition.
- If you are using certain diuretic medicines.
- If you have a life-threatening psychiatric condition, this medicine should be used with extreme caution.
- If you have dementia (memory loss), increased risk of heart failure, or any other infection.
- If you have any seizure disorders (fits).
- If you have or suspect having Brugada Syndrome (abnormal ECG or electrocardiograph findings).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, Lithosun 300 mg tablets can cause malformation in the baby, especially when used in the first trimester.
Side effects of Lithosun 300 MG
- Side effects of Lithosun 300 mg tablets include:
- Sudden jerky movements
- Slurred speech
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Memory impairment
- Hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Lithosun 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are dehydrated or losing a lot of water through sweating, diarrhoea, etc.
- You have any thyroid condition. Thyroid functioning should be carefully monitored while on this medication.
- You are an older adult over the age of 65. The medicine can cause exaggerated and adverse effects in such persons. There is also a greater possibility of lithium toxicity.
- You have an infection. Stop this medicine temporarily if you have a high temperature.
- You develop stomach discomfort, speech issues, or have significant drowsiness.
- You notice any symptoms of lithium toxicity, such as headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, hand tremors, etc.
Mode of Action of Lithosun 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lithosun 300 MG
- Take Lithosun 300 mg tablets exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage of this medicine, even if you do not notice its effects. Lithium toxicity can happen even if you use recommended dose.
- Do not break or chew this tablet. Instead, take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor, as they can interact with Lithosun 300 mg tablets.
- Do not use this medicine if the package has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Lithosun 300 mg tablet; this can cause adverse effects.
Interactions of Lithosun 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Diabetic medications may be affected by Lithosun 300 mg tablets. Blood glucose levels must be closely monitored.
- Medicines like furosemide can raise lithium levels. It is not a good idea to take these two simultaneously. The combination can cause drowsiness, muscle weakness, blurred vision, and vomiting.
- High blood pressure medicines such as captopril and enalapril can raise lithium levels. Do not take them simultaneously.
- Using antipsychotic medicines like Haloperiol with Lithosun 300 mg tablets can cause serious side effects like lethargy, fever, confusion, and even brain damage.
- Using or discontinuing NSAID medicines such as paracetamol should be closely monitored. Interaction between these two medicines can lead to lithium toxicity.
Interactions with food items
- Caffeine may reduce the amount of lithium in the body, reducing the effectiveness of this medicine.
- A low-sodium or a salt-restricted diet can decrease the removal of Lithosun 300 mg tablets from the body. This can lead to increased lithium levels and the risk of toxicity in lithium in patients who eat less salt. Changing to a higher salt diet may quickly remove the lithium from the body. However, an increase in sodium might result in the return of mood disorder symptoms. So, a well-balanced salt intake is necessary....
Storage and disposal of Lithosun 300 MG
Dosage of Lithosun 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Lithosun 300 mg tablets to a child?
Q: Is it possible for me to gain weight while using Lithosun 300 mg tablets?
Q: Should I continue using Lithosun 300 mg tablets even if I am not noticing results?
- Lithium Carbonate [Internet]. pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 Feb 2022] -
- H. Lithium: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 17 Feb 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 17] -
- Lithium Carbonate Tablets USP, Lithium Carbonate Capsules USP, Lithium Oral Solution USP [Internet]. accessdata. fda.gov. [cited 17 Feb 2022] -