Ketostar Soap 50gm
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
50g Soap in Wrap
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uses of Ketostar Soap 50gm
Ketostar Soap is used for the treatment of fungal infections.
Contraindications of Ketostar Soap 50gm
Known allergy to Ketoconazole or any ingredient of this soap.
Side effects of Ketostar Soap 50gm
- Loss of hair
Precautions and Warnings of Ketostar Soap 50gm
Can I use Ketostar Soap during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the safety of the usage of Ketostar Soap on pregnant women. Hence, it should not be used until prescribed by the doctor.
Can I use Ketostar Soap while breastfeeding?
There is limited information regarding the safety of the usage of Ketostar Soap in lactating mothers. Hence, it is very important to consult the doctor before using this soap while breastfeeding. Avoid using it in areas near the breast in case it is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have used Ketostar Soap?
Ketostar Soap is applied topically on skin and thus less likely to affect individuals driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol while using Ketostar Soap?
There is no known interaction known between alcohol and topical Ketoconazole.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies after the application of Ketostar Soap.
- You are using steroid-containing topical preparation (cream, powder, gel, etc.).
- You have open wounds, cuts, burns or aberration on your skin.
- This soap is not meant for use in children as their skin is sensitive and delicate.
- Avoid using it for a prolonged duration and if there is not an improvement in your condition.
Mode of Action of Ketostar Soap 50gm
How Does It Work?
The medicinal component of Ketostar Soap is Ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is an antifungal medication and it works by inhibiting the formation of an important component of the fungal cell membrane. This affects the structure of the fungus resulting in the death of the fungus.
Directions for Use of Ketostar Soap 50gm
- Wet the affected area and apply generously
- Gently work up a lather using a circular motion
- Rinse with water and repeat if desired
- Avoid getting the soap in the mouth, eyes and nose
Interactions of Ketostar Soap 50gm
Interactions with other medicines
Ketostar Soap is meant for topical application and thus, the interaction with other medicines taken orally is unlikely. However, it can interact with other medicines or products applied topically. Avoid concomitant application of other medicated products.
Storage and disposal of Ketostar Soap 50gm
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children or pets
Dosage of Ketostar Soap 50gm
Excessive application of Ketostar Soap may result in a burning sensation, redness of the skin or swelling. If you experience any unusual symptoms after the application of this soap, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
Since this a medicated soap, the missed application does not have much significance. Avoid missing application of this soap for best results and easy recovery from infection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Ketostar Soap on the face?
A: Yes, it can be used on the face. However, care should be taken that the soap does not go into the eyes, nose and mouth.
Q: Can I use Ketostar Soap on the scalp for my dandruff?
A: Yes, Ketostar Soap can be used to reduce the scaling, flaking and itching associated with dandruff.
Q: Can I use Ketostar Soap in the vaginal area?
A: No, Ketostar Soap should not be used in the vaginal area. The vaginal area is delicate and sensitive and soap can be harsh on that. Also, it is pH sensitive and this soap may alter it and affect the normal microbial flora.
Q: Can I use Ketostar Soap for ringworm infection?
A: Yes, Ketostar Soap can be used for ringworm infection on the body.
Q: Does Ketostar Soap contain steroids?
A: No, Ketostar Soap does not contain steroids. It contains Ketoconazole, an antifungal agent.
Q: How can we prevent fungal infections?
- Fungal infections can be prevented by practising good hygiene.
- Avoid sharing clothing, towels and undergarments.
- Wear clean and fresh clothes and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
- After bathing or swimming, clean and dry the body using a fresh towel.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public places and wash your feet after removing shoes.
- Stay away from animals showing signs of fungal infection like loss of fur and itching.
- Keep your nails trimmed and make sure you use clean nail accessories.
- Before going for any foot treatment, please check if the instruments are sterilized.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved