Hyq 400mg Tablet
Hyq 400 MG Description
HYQ 400mg tablet is used to treat diabetes along with diet and other medicines. It is also used to treat immune system disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis. H
YQ 400 contains Hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. This Tablet should be taken as per the directions given by the doctor and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after a meal or with a glass of milk. Do not stop taking HYQ 400mg tablet abruptly. The common side effects of this medicine are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and dizziness. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, immediately contact your doctor.
Uses of Hyq 400 MG
- HYQ 400mg tablet is used for the treatment of diabetes in combination with diet and other antidiabetic medicine.
- It is also used in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues, rheumatoid arthritis (swelling and pain in joints) and skin rash due to sun exposure....
Contraindications of Hyq 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of HYQ 400mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to chloroquine.
- If you are suffering from an eye disease called maculopathy, usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Hyq 400 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
- Rashes on the Skin
- Pigmentation on the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Hyq 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience visual disturbances or have any existing eye disorders. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- HYQ 400mg tablets may cause abnormal or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you already have heart disease.
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require dose adjustment.
- You have stomach disease.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop rashes after taking this medicine.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment. You should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
- Keep HYQ 400mg tablets away from children as even if a small amount is accidentally taken, it may cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Hyq 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hyq 400 MG
- HYQ 400mg tablets should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Consume it as a whole with a glass of water after a meal.
- Do not break, cut or chew the tablet.
- This medicine should be preferably consumed at the same time every day.
- It should not be taken more than the doctor has prescribed.
Interactions of Hyq 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines like Digoxin for heart disorders with HYQ 400mg tablets can increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform your doctor about all your diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with HYQ 400mg tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Amiodarone, Moxifloxacin & Halofantrine.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you take this medicine along with antimalarials like Mefloquine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle weakness like Neostigmine & Pyridostigmine, medicines to treat worm infections like Praziquantel, Cimetidine and Gentamicin may not work properly.
- Medicines like Cyclosporin used or immune system disorders, Agalsidase and medicines used to treat fits should be used with caution along with HYQ 400mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Hyq 400 MG
- Store HYQ 400 tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Discard the unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Hyq 400 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose are headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits, irregular heartbeats, heart problems, difficulty in breathing and sometimes even heart attack.
- If you experience any of these symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of HYQ 400 tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take HYQ 400mg tablets on my own?
Q: Are there any serious side effects of the HYQ 400mg tablet?
Q: What is the HYQ 400mg tablet?
Q: Is HYQ 400mg tablet habit-forming?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking HYQ 400mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have skin, stomach, liver or kidney diseases and medical conditions.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to have a baby.
- HYQ 400mg tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....