Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
34 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
FabiFlu tablet is used to treat mild-to-moderate COVID-19 disease in adults under restricted emergency use. FabiFlu tablet is an antiviral medicine containing favipiravir as its active ingredient. This medicine stops the replication of the virus. You should avoid using this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, suffering from liver or kidney problems or are allergic to it.
Uses of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
FabiFlu tablet is used for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 disease in adults under restricted emergency use.
Contraindications of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
- If you are allergic to favipiravir or any other ingredients of FabiFlu tablet
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have liver or kidney related disease or problems
Side effects of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
- Increased uric acid levels
- Decreased white blood cells count
- Increased liver enzymes
- Psychiatric symptoms
Precautions and Warnings of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
Can I take FabiFlu tablet during pregnancy?
FabiFlu should not be taken by a pregnant woman or a woman who thinks she can be pregnant as it can harm the unborn baby. A pregnant woman should not get into any sexual interaction or intercourse with a partner taking this medicine.
Can I take FabiFlu tablet while breastfeeding?
FabiFlu tablet should not be taken by a breastfeeding woman as it may cause harm to the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed FabiFlu tablet?
FabiFlu tablet does not alter driving ability. Patients with COVID-19 disease should stay home or in isolation ward of hospital and should avoid going out to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection.
Can I consume alcohol with FabiFlu tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking FabiFlu tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suspect pregnancy while taking FabiFlu tablet, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately.
- You experience psychoneurotic symptoms such as abnormal behaviour, irritability, sadness, etc. after taking this medicine.
- A pregnancy test should be performed for a woman of childbearing age, only if it is negative, can FabiFlu be given. This medicine can harm the foetus, hence pregnancy has to be avoided when on this medicine.read less
- You should use most effective contraceptive methods during intercourse with a partner during the treatment and for next 7 days after the end of the treatment.
- FabiFlu tablet can pass in semen, hence if a male is taking this medicine, then he should not have intercourse with his partner or pregnant partner. It is mandatory to use condom to avoid pregnancy, use it for next 7 days after stopping the medicine.read less
- Be cautious if you have a history of abnormalities in metabolism of uric acid or having gout.
Mode of Action of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
How Does It Work?
FabiFlu works by interfering with the action of certain enzyme in viral cell which leads to inhibitions of growth of infection-causing virus.
Directions for Use of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
- FabiFlu tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking a medicine called pyrazinamide to treat tuberculosis.
- If you are taking an antidiabetic medicine called repaglinide.
- If you are taking an antiviral medicine called famciclovir to treat herpes virus infection.
- If you are taking sulindac, a medicine used to treat inflammation, pain and swelling.
- Some medicines can affect the way FabiFlu tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, and herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fabiflu 200mg Strip Of 34 Tablets
In case you happen to take too much of FabiFlu tablets, immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of FabiFlu tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take FabiFlu on my own?
A: No, do not self medicate until prescribed by your doctor. You shall have to give written informed consent to your doctor, only then you can take Favipiravir. You can find the medicine consent form in the reference section.
Q: I am pregnant, can I take FabiFlu?
A: No, if you are pregnant, then you should never take FabiFlu tablet. It can harm the foetus and its development. In fact, if you are a female of childbearing age, ensure you use the most effective contraceptive method when using this medicine and even 7 days after using it. If you are pregnant, and your partner is on this medicine, then sexual contact should be avoided, as this medicine can pass into his semen.
Q: Can I take FabiFlu tablet if I have gout?
A: No, you should not take FabiFlu tablet if you have gout or increased levels of uric acid.
Q: Can I breastfeed my baby If I am taking this medicine?
A: FabiFlu tablet should not be taken by a breastfeeding mother as it can harm the baby. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
Q: What is Coronavirus?
A: Coronavirus belongs to a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. Coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
Q: What are the symptoms of Coronavirus disease?
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease are fever, dry cough, and tiredness.
- Other symptoms that are less common are aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhoea, loss of taste or smell or a rash on skin or discoloration of fingers or toes.read less
Q: What are the uses of FabiFlu?
A: FabiFlu is used to treat mild to moderate coronavirus disease in adults under restricted emergency conditions.
Q: What are the side effects of FabiFlu?
A: Side effects of this medicine includes diarrhoea, increased uric acid levels, decreased white blood cells count, increased liver enzymes & psychiatric symptoms such as abnormal behaviour, irritability, sadness, mood swings etc.
Q: How long should one take the FabiFlu tablet?
A: The dose and duration of FabiFlu tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: My neighbour has similar symptoms can I recommend the FabiFlu tablet to him?
A: No, you should not recommend it, as different underlying conditions produce similar symptoms that the doctor can decide after careful clinical examinations. FabiFlu tablet also has some contraindications and side effects which if ignored, can lead to severe conditions. Do not recommend self-administration. Ask your neighbour to use it only after the doctor’s advice.
Q: How many FabiFlu tablets can I take in a day?
A: It varies among individuals and your doctor will prescribe you after accessing your condition.
Q: Can Fabiflu tablets cause fever?
A: No, Fabiflu tablets does not cause fever, infact it helps to treat symptoms of COVID-19.
Q: Can Fabiflu tablets be given to diabetes patient?
A: Yes, Fabiflu tablets can be given to diabetes patient, but the frequency (time) of the administering the medicine varies. Your doctor might address you further about the dosing schedule and effect of this medicine in diabete patient.
- Favipiravir Medical Consent Form [Internet]. D3ez6r0blsi4n.cloudfront.net. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- FabiFlu ABPI Tablet [Data on file]. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited (GPL). 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- 12. Furuta Y, Gowen B, Takahashi K, Shiraki K, Smee D, Barnard D. Favipiravir (T-705), a novel viral RNA polymerase inhibitor. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) [Internet]. Who.int. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 10 May 2021 | 01:23 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved