Depopred Vial Of 2ml Injection
Depopred 40 MG Description
Depopred Vial Of 2ml Injection contains Methylprednisolone. It is a steroid medicine used in various allergic conditions. It works by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation and or
gan transplant. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to steroids, pregnant or breastfeeding. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are taking before starting with Depopred Vial Of 2ml Injection.
|You Save||₹11.11 (14% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(40.0 Mg)|
Uses of Depopred 40 MG
- Allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies and life-threatening allergies area anaphylaxis.
- Inflammation and swelling of the lungs, throat, voice box, intestine, stomach and gut.
- TB infection spreading from the lungs to other body parts along with other anti-TB medicines.
- For the treatment of various forms of autoimmune anemia forms and relieving symptoms in cancer of blood and lymph.
- During surgeries and transplants to modify immune response and condition of breathing in of stomach content and any other conditions requiring immediate corticosteroid therapy.
Contraindications of Depopred 40 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious fungal infection, such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any antibiotics or antiviral medicine to treat that infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
Side effects of Depopred 40 MG
- Increased susceptibility for infections
- Bloating and increased water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- A rise in blood pressure
- Bleeding stomach ulcers
- Muscle weakness and delayed growth in children
- Eye disorders like cataract
- Delayed wound healing
- Headache, dizziness, fits (common when injected in the spinal cord)
Precautions and Warnings of Depopred 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop cataracts.
- You are elderly, you have heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have any infections like a fungal infection, or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. Discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Depopred 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Depopred 40 MG
- Depopred Vial Of 2ml Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Depopred 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking antibiotics like Rifabutin, antitubercular medicine like Rifampicin, medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin.
- Concomitant use of antibiotic medicine like Troleandomycin & Isoniazid, blood pressure medicine like Mibefradil and ulcer medicine like Cimetidine can lead to steroid toxicity.
- If you are taking medicines used to treat fits such as Carbamazapine, medicine to stop vomiting like Aprepitant, antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, medicines used to treat blood pressure and angina like Diltizam, oral contraceptive medicines like Ethinyl estradiol and Norethindrone, antibiotics like Erythromycin and Clarithromycin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or Aspirin along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine and Pancuronium, if taken along can lead to muscle weakness.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pills and Aminoglutethimide.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Depopred 40 MG
- Store Depopred Vial Of 2ml Injection at room temperature and away from sunlight, heat and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly
Dosage of Depopred 40 MG
- Your doctor or nurse will give Depopred Vial Of 2ml Injection to you in a hospital or clinic, therefore it is less likely to provide you with an overdose of this medicine.
- However, if you experience any discomfort right after taking this injection please inform your doctor immediately.
- A significant overdose of this medicine can cause liver damage and kidney failure.