Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
By CIPLA GX
20g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cipladine Ointment contains Povidone-Iodine as an active ingredient. It is an antiseptic cream and kills a wide range of germs, including bacteria, fungus, and viruses. This cream is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers.
Uses of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
Cipladine Ointment is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers
Contraindications of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
- If you are allergic to iodine, polyvinyl pyrrolidone or any of the other ingredients present in this cream, stop using it on an immediate basis and consult your doctor
- If you have thyroid problem such as goitre or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease)
- If you are on Lithium therapy to treat depression
- Cipladine Ointment should not be given to children below two years of age
Side effects of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
Precautions and Warnings of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
Can I apply Cipladine Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Cipladine Ointment in pregnancy. It is not recommended to use this cream during pregnancy.
Can I apply Cipladine Ointment while breastfeeding?
It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this cream by a breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have applied Cipladine Ointment?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Cipladine Ointment?
There is limited information available on interaction of this cream when applied, along with the consumption of alcohol. However, consuming alcohol might delay the healing and clearance of infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood
- If you have a kidney problem
- If your urine test is due to diagnostic purpose for thyroid, or faeces (stool), as use of this medicine may affect the results
Mode of Action of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
How Does It Work?
Cipladine Ointment contains Povidone-Iodine. It kills the microorganisms by the iodination of lipids present on the outer layer of the cell membrane, ultimately killing the microorganisms. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
Directions for Use of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
- Use Cipladine Ointment as directed by your doctor
- For external use only
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
Interactions of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Cipladine Ointment is to be applied externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor in case you take other medicines to treat other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
- Store Cipladine Ointment at room temperature and keep it away from direct sunlight and moisture
- Once opened, it should not be reused after a gap of a few months
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Cipladine 5% Oint 20gm
- As Cipladine Ointment is meant only for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
- If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess cream with a clean tissue or cotton.
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this cream as prescribed, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply this cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Cipladine for burns?
A: Yes, Cipladine Ointment can be used to heal burns. However, it should be applied cautiously on burns as there are chances of absorption of iodine into the blood.
Q: Can Cipladine be used for boils?
A: Yes, Cipladine Ointment can be used to treat boils.
Q: Can we use Cipladine for a newborn baby?
A: No, Cipladine should not be used for newborn babies.
Q: How does Cipladine work?
A: Cipladine Ointment contains Povidone-Iodine. It kills the microorganisms by the iodination of lipids present on the outer layer of the cell membrane, ultimately killing the microorganisms. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
Q: For how many days should I use Cipladine?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Cipladine. Do not stop applying this cream on your own. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound after 14 days of use, consult with your doctor.
Q: Cipladine vs Betadine, which is better medicine for cuts and wounds?
A: Cipladine and Betadine, both contains povidone-iodine as an active ingredient and are antiseptic creams used for cuts and wounds. As the active ingredient is the same in both the creams, you can use either of them. You should only use these creams if your doctor prescribes it as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Other Products from this Brand
- Cipladine Powder 10 Gm
- Cipladine Gargle 100 Ml
- Cipladine Solu 100 Ml
- Cipladine 5 Solu 500 Ml
- Cipladine 5 Oint 10 Gm
- Cipladine 5 Oint 125 Gm
- Cipladine 5 Oint 15 Gm
- Cipladine 5 Oint 30 Gm
- Cipladine 7 5 Scrub 500 Ml
- Cipladine 7 5 Solution 100 Ml
- Cipladine 10 Solu 100 Ml
- Cipladine 10 Tube Of 10 Gm Ointment
- Cipladine 5 Ointment 250 Gm
- Cipladine 5 Oint 25 Gm
Last Updated on: 26 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved