Antipreg Kit Tablets
Antipreg Kit Tablets Description
Antipreg Kit Tab belongs to the group of gynaecological preparations called "Abortigen," used for medical abortion from the first day of the last menstruation up to 63 days. This medicine is also eff
ctive in the second trimester of pregnancy. Antipreg Kit Tab contains two active medications: mifepristone and misoprostol. Mifepristone is an anti-hormone (anti-progestogen) that blocks the action of progesterone, a hormone that a woman needs to continue being pregnant. Misoprostol is a medication that increases the contraction of the uterus and terminates the pregnancy by dilating the cervix. Medical abortions typically involve clinic visits, which include administering medications and confirming the abortion. Nausea, uterine cramps, vomiting, diarrhoea, post-abortion infection, dizziness, and in some cases uterine bleeding may occur. Most of these side effects of Antipreg Kit Tab go away with time. However, if vaginal bleeding does not stop, it is an emergency and you need to seek medical attention immediately. Do not abruptly stop taking Antipreg Kit Tab without consulting your doctor, as it may lead to incomplete miscarriage. Avoid strenuous activities such as running, heavy exercise, or driving a car to avoid excessive bleeding. The absence of bleeding does not mean that the abortion is complete. Your doctor will use ultrasound to confirm the absorption is complete.
|You Save||₹63.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Misoprostol(200.0 Mcg) + Mifepristone(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, uterine cramps, vomiting, diarrhoea, post-abortion infection, dizziness, uterine bleeding|
|Therapy||DRUGS ACTING ON UTERUS|
Uses of Antipreg Kit Tablets
- Medical abortion
Contraindications of Antipreg Kit Tablets
- If you have a bleeding problem
- If you have a confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy
- If you suffer from any heart problem
- If you suffer from any liver disease
- If have any kidney disease
- If you are having vaginal bleeding
- If you have porphyria (an inherited blood disease that may cause nervous system or skin problems)
Side effects of Antipreg Kit Tablets
- Uterine spasms
- Post-abortion infections
- Uterine bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Antipreg Kit Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have an intrauterine device.
- You have a bleeding disorder.
Mode of Action of Antipreg Kit Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Antipreg Kit Tablets
- Take the Antipreg Kit tab as prescribed by your physician.
- Ideally the tablet with Mifepristone is to be consumed first. 36 to 48 hours later the other tablet with Misoprostol is to be taken orally or vaginally.
- You need to take this medicine with food and a glass of water.
- Swallow the whole tablet without chewing or crushing it.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes of taking the pill, then consult your doctor before taking another pill.
- Ensure adequate rest after both medicines, especially the second dose.
Interactions of Antipreg Kit Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Steroids - dexamethasone
- Antifungals - ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Antibiotics (fits) - erythromycin, rifampicin
- Anti-epileptic - phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine
- Immunosuppressants - cyclosporine, tacrolimus, sirolimus
- Medicines to treat migraine - ergotamine
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice or consuming grapefruit while taking Antipreg Kit Tab.
Storage and disposal of Antipreg Kit Tablets
Dosage of Antipreg Kit Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions and diet should I follow while taking the Antipreg kit tab?
Q: Does taking Antipreg Kit Tab decrease the chances of survival of my future pregnancy?
Q: How can I make sure that my abortion is completed after taking Antipreg Kit Tab?
- MTP kit [Internet]. CiplaMed. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Center for Drug Evaluation, Research. Mifeprex (mifepristone) information [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Center for Drug Evaluation, Research. Questions and Answers on mifeprex [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Org.au. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Beal MW, Simmonds K. Clinical uses of mifepristone: an update for women’s health practitioners. J Midwifery Womens Health [Internet]. 2002 [cited 2022 Feb 13];47(6):451–60. Available from:
- Medabon - Combipack of Mifepristone 200 mg tablet and Misoprostol 4 x 0.2 mg vaginal tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 13]. Available from:
- Schummers L, Darling EK, Dunn S, McGrail K, Gayowsky A, Law MR, et al. Abortion safety and use with normally prescribed mifepristone in Canada. N Engl J Med [Internet]. 2022;386(1):57–67. Available from:
- PubChem. Mifepristone [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- &na; Mifepristone (mifeprex): Ru 486 approved for abortion. Am J Nurs [Internet]. 2000 [cited 2022 Feb 14];100(12):24AAA. Available from
- DailyMed - KORLYM- mifepristone tablet [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from: