Accu-Chek Aviva 50 Strips
The Accu Chek Aviva test strips are very precise in their functionality because it takes just a minuscule drop of blood to fill the strip. These active strips provide a highly accurate reading of the blood glucose levels and work best with the Accu Chek Glucometer. These test strips can be used at home as well as for clinical purposes at the hospital because they fulfil the ISO 15197:2013 standards of accuracy. The quick absorption system of the Accu Chek active strips allows the tiny drop of blood to spread easily on it and this helps provide a more accurate reading of blood glucose levels. These test strips can absorb a blood volume of 1-2 μl.
- The technology used by the Accu Chek Aviva test strip is known as reflectance photometry technology and this ensures highly accurate (close to pathological) lab readings of blood glucose levels in the fresh blood capillaries.
- These active test strips from Accu Chek allows diabetic patients to regularly monitor their blood glucose levels to ensure a healthy and better quality of life.
- These test strips can be used with the Accu Chek Glucometer to regularly check blood glucose levels at home.
- These test strips are meant to be used for in-vitro diagnostics only, that is, diagnostics that involve the collection of samples like that of blood from the human body.
How to Use
- Wash and clean your hands.
- Use the lancet provided with the glucometer to prick the tip of your index finger.
- Squeeze a single drop of blood and touch it on the test strip.
- Insert the other end of the test strip into the Accu Chek Glucometer and wait a couple of seconds for the readings to show up.
- Use these test strips with the Accu Chek Glucometer only for the best and most accurate results.
- Store in an airtight container within temperatures of 4 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- Always check the strips to ensure they are within the expiry date.
- Remember to release pressure on your finger when touching the drop of blood to the test strip.
Q1: How do I further ensure accurate readings with these strips?
Ans: Remember to calibrate your glucometer with every new pack of strips.
Q2: How many times can I use a single test strip?
Ans: A single test strip can only be used once.
Q3: Can it be used by children?
Ans: Yes, it can be used for children but always under the supervision of an adult.
Q4: After opening the pack of strips, how long can I use them?
Ans: After opening the seal, the pack can be used till the given expiry date.
Q5: Where should I store these strips?
Ans: Always store it in a cool and dry place that is away from the direct heat of the sun as well as out of the reach of children.