Zole F Oint
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zole-F skin ointment is used for fungal skin infections. It is a combination medicine containing fluocinolone and miconazole. They belong to a class of steroid and antifungal medicines, respectively.
Do not use it on cut surfaces, on the face, near eyes or on acne or genital areas. Zole-F ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some burning, dryness after using Zole-F ointment. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Prolonged use is not recommended as it contains a steroid....
Uses of Zole F Oint
Zole-F Skin ointment is used to treat a fungal infection of the skin.
Contraindications of Zole F Oint
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of Zole-F ointment
- It should not be used in the treatment of children under one year of age and for nappy rash
- It should not be used in itchiness around the private parts
- If you have skin problems such as red spots and papules or acne, do not use this ointment
- Do not use this for any skin condition for which the underlying cause is unclear
- Avoid using it if you have a dry sore, red rash around the mouth which is also known as perioral dermatitis
Side effects of Zole F Oint
- Skin hypopigmentation
- Local irritation at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Zole F Oint
Can I use Zole-F ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Zole-F ointment during pregnancy, thus it should be used with caution and only when a doctor prescribes it.
Can I use Zole-F ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Zole-F ointment in a breastfeeding woman. However, the caution should be exercised while using this ointment and you should avoid using it on breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Zole-F ointment?
There is no information available on the effect of Zole-F ointment on the ability to drive. However, if you observe or experience any side effect, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Zole-F ointment?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Zole-F ointment. However, alcohol is known to worsen the infection and inflammation. Therefore, its better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed with this ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your underlying skin disease is not improving or worsening
- You have allergic reactions such as itching, redness, rash, difficulty breathing, immediately seek medical care.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and areas near mouth and nose.
- Prolonged use of Zole F skin ointment is not recommended as it contains steroids. On prolonged usage, it can lead to skin thinning, weight gain and hormonal issues.
- If it is prescribed for a child, ensure it is not used for more than 5 days, it can lead to growth disturbances in children.
Mode of Action of Zole F Oint
How Does It Work?
- Miconazole is an anti-fungal. It works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus.
- Fluocinolone is a steroid which acts by decreasing symptoms of the inflammation and swelling by blocking the actions of inflammatory mediators in the body.
Directions for Use of Zole F Oint
- Use Zole-F ointment as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat the hands.
- Do not cover the area with any dressing or bandage after application.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
Interactions of Zole F Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- There are no drug interaction reports available for a combination of Fluocinolone and Miconazole.
- However, as this medicine contains Fluocinolone and Miconazole, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Zole-F Skin ointment is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....Read more
- Be cautious if you are taking any oral anticoagulants like Warfarin as components of this medicine may interact. Regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters is recommended.
Storage and disposal of Zole F Oint
- Keep Zole-F ointment out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep outdated ointment or ointment no longer needed.
- Store this medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Do not freeze this medicine.
Dosage of Zole F Oint
As Zole F skin ointment is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you hav
e over-applied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any application of Zole F ointment, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next application, skip the missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not overapply thi
s medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Zole-F skin ointment in viral infections?
A: No, Zole-F skin ointment contains a combination of an antifungal and steroid medicine and it is not very effective against viral infections.
Q: Can I use Zole-F ointment for children?
A: Zole-F ointment should not be used for children under one year of age. Consult your doctor before using this medicine for your children.
Q: Can Zole-F ointment be applied on chickenpox?
A: No, Zole-F ointment is not meant to treat skin eruptions due to chickenpox. Chickenpox occurs due to a virus and this ointment does not work against viruses.
Q: How to apply Zole-F skin ointment?
- Clean and dry the area where it is to be applied
- Wash your hands before applying it
- Take the exact quantity as prescribed by your doctor
- Apply it as a thin film, rub it gently and thoroughly into the skin
- Wash your hands after applying this ointment
Q: What is the use of Zole-F ointment?
A: Uses of Zole F ointment includes treatment of fungal infection of the skin characterized by redness, swelling, itching and rashes on the skin.
- Fluocinolone - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 August 2021]
- Daktarin 2% Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 August 2021]
- FLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 17 August 2021]
- Daktarin 2% Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 August 2021]
- Fluocinolone - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 17 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 19 Aug 2021 | 09:30 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved