Zole F Oint
Zole-F ointment is a topical antifungal medicine. It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin. It is a combination medicine containing fluocinolone and miconazole belonging to steroid and antif
ungal classes of medicines, respectively. Do not use it on cut surfaces, on the face, near eyes or on acne or genital areas. Zole-F ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some burning and dryness after using Zole-F ointment. Wash your hands after applying Zole F. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Prolonged use is not recommended as it contains a steroid.
Uses of ZOLE F OINT
Contraindications of ZOLE F OINT
- If you are allergic to fluocinolone, miconazole or any other ingredient of Zole-F ointment.
- If you have skin problems such as red spots and papules or acne, do not use this ointment.
- It should not be used in the treatment of children under one year of age and for nappy rash.
- It should not be used for itchiness around the private parts.
- Do not use this for any skin condition for which the underlying cause is unclear.
- Avoid using it if you have a dry sore, red rash around the mouth which is also known as perioral dermatitis.
Side effects of ZOLE F OINT
- Skin hypopigmentation
- Local irritation at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of ZOLE F OINT
Other General Warnings
- Your underlying skin disease is not improving or worsening
- You have allergic reactions such as itching, redness, rash, difficulty breathing, immediately seek medical care.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and areas near mouth and nose.
- Prolonged use of Zole F skin ointment is not recommended as it contains steroids. On prolonged usage, it can lead to skin thinning, weight gain and hormonal issues.
- If it is prescribed for a child, ensure it is not used for more than 5 days, it can lead to growth disturbances in children.
Directions for Use of ZOLE F OINT
- Use Zole-F ointment as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat the hands.
- Do not cover the area with any dressing or bandage after application.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
Storage and disposal of ZOLE F OINT
- Keep Zole-F ointment out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep outdated ointment or ointment no longer needed.
- Store this medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Do not freeze this medicine.
Dosage of ZOLE F OINT
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of ZOLE F OINT
How Does It Work?
- Miconazole is an anti-fungal. It works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus.
- Fluocinolone is a steroid which acts by decreasing symptoms of the inflammation and swelling by blocking the actions of inflammatory mediators in the body.
Interactions of ZOLE F OINT
Interactions with other medicines
- There are no drug interaction reports available for a combination of Fluocinolone and Miconazole.
- However, as this medicine contains Fluocinolone and Miconazole, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Zole-F ointment is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking any oral anticoagulants like Warfarin as components of this medicine may interact. Regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Zole-F skin ointment in viral infections?
Q: Can I use Zole-F ointment for children?
Q: Can Zole-F ointment be applied on chickenpox?
Q: How to apply Zole-F skin ointment?
- Clean and dry the area where it is to be applied
- Wash your hands before applying it
- Take the exact quantity as prescribed by your doctor
- Apply it as a thin film, rub it gently and thoroughly into the skin
- Wash your hands after applying this ointment
Q: What is the use of Zole-F ointment?
Q: Can Zole F be applied on face?
Q: Can I self medicate with Zole F?
Q: Is Zole F ointment useful for ringworm infection?
Q: How long can Zole F be used?
Q: Is Zole F safe in pregnancy?
Q: Can I use Zole-F cream for vaginal itching?
- Fluocinolone - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Daktarin 2% Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- FLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Daktarin 2% Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]