Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Susten SR 200 Tablet contains Progesterone, the natural female hormone. It is a hormonal pill, used in females to treat abnormal uterine bleeding or irregular/absence of menstruation due to hormonal imbalance. It is also prescribed along with estrogen as a part of hormonal replacement therapy to prevent thickening of the uterus lining. This medicine replenishes the female hormone and normalises the hormonal level and body functions. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, but at a fixed time. You may experience stomach bloating, stomach pain, headache, breast tenderness when taking this medicine. If these symptoms worsen, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital or clinic.
Uses of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
Susten SR 200 Tablet is used to treat absence or irregular menses and abnormal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of Susten SR 200 Tablet.
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer.
- If you experience vaginal bleeding.
- If you have heart disease or clots in the blood vessels.
- If you have porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes).
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (sudden warmth feeling over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
Can I take the Susten SR 200 Tablet during pregnancy?
Susten SR 200 Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it may cause harm to your unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I take the Susten SR 200 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Susten SR 200 Tablet should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Susten SR 200 Tablet?
Susten SR 200 Tablet may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore, caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Susten SR 200 Tablet?
It is not known if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Progesterone. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids.
- You notice changes in your breast or nipple.
- You have liver problems.
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes.
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma.
- You have or had a low mood.
- You have asthma.
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases.
- Your skin is sensitive to light.
- You develop yellowing of eyes or the skin.
- You notice the visual disturbance.
Mode of Action of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
After cessation of menses (menopause), the female hormones decrease. This leads to a lot of menopause-related problems. Susten SR 200 Tablet replenishes the female hormone, progesterone which is required for normal functioning of the body.
Directions for Use of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
- Susten SR 200 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.read less
Interactions of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine).
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin).
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir).
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine).
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine).
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone).
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines.
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione).
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam).
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine).
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Susten SR 200 Tablet should not be taken with food and should be taken at bedtime.
Storage and disposal of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
- Store Susten SR 200 Tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Susten Sr 200mg Tablet
An excess of Susten SR 200 Tablet can cause drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking the Susten SR 200 Tablet?
- Susten SR 200 Tablet can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence, inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer.
- Check your breast regularly for changes in the nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of the skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Susten SR 200 Tablet can also increase the risk of heart diseases, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in the chest or pain in your legs and an inability to walk.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Susten SR 200 Tablet?
- Yes, if you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Susten SR 200 as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots.read less
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography.
Q: When to take the Susten SR 200?
A: Susten SR 200 Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor, usually at bedtime. This medicine should be taken at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits.
Q: Why is the Susten SR 200 Tablet used?
A: Susten SR 200 Tablet is used in females to treat abnormal uterine bleeding, absence of or irregular menstruation caused mainly due to hormonal imbalance. This medicine is used along with estrogen as a hormonal replacement therapy to prevent thickening of the uterus lining.
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved