Solonex Dt 100mg Tablet
Solonex Dt 100 MG Description
Solonex DT is an antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis. It is chemically composed of isoniazid or an isonicotinic acid hydrazide, an anti-tubercular medicine (treats tuberculosis infection). Fast mul
tiplying tuberculosis bacteria are rapidly killed, but the medicine only inhibits quiescent ones. It kills both extracellular and intracellular tuberculosis bacteria. Solonex DT is an essential component of all Tuberculosis treatment regimens. The medicine has to be taken orally on an empty stomach. The dose and the duration of the medicine have to be prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip any dose and complete the entire course of treatment as advised. Skipping doses or not completing the course might render the medicine ineffective in treating future infections. Common side effects are peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of palms and soles) and liver damage. If you develop a severe allergic reaction, stop the medicine immediately and consult your doctor. Liver function has to be assessed regularly while on this medicine. The doctor might prescribe you vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) along with Solonex DT to prevent tingling and numbness.
|Uses||Active and Latent Tuberculosis treatment, Prevention of tuberculosis in close contacts and individuals with human immunodeficiency virus infection.|
|Side effects||Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness), Liver damage (jaundice), Loss of appetite, Nausea and Vomiting.|
Uses of Solonex Dt 100 MG
- Tuberculosis infection treatment
Contraindications of Solonex Dt 100 MG
- If you are allergic to the medicine or any of its constituents (fever, chills, rashes or swelling of face and tongue after taking medicine).
- If you have any liver disease or are suffering from liver infection(Hepatitis).
- If you develop any serious side effects like fits(seizures) or visual disturbances from the medicine.
Side effects of Solonex Dt 100 MG
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling, burning sensation and numbness of hands and feet)
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Weakness and lethargy
- Liver damage (jaundice, elevated liver enzymes)
- Severe allergic reaction (fever, chills and rashes)
- *The list does not include all the possible side effects. Consult your doctor if you develop any other symptoms or persistent symptoms while taking Solonex DT.
Precautions and Warnings of Solonex Dt 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any serious allergic reaction (fever, chills and swelling of face and tongue ) or any serious side effects (fits or visual disturbances) after taking the medicine
- You’re suffering from liver disease or kidney disease
- You are on long term medication for any medical health condition
- You are a pregnant female or a nursing mother
- You are consuming alcohol while on Solonex DT
- You are diabetic
Mode of Action of Solonex Dt 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Solonex Dt 100 MG
- The dose and duration of Solonex DT should be prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- The entire course of treatment should be taken to prevent the development of resistance (medicine becomes ineffective and difficult to treat infection in the future).
- The medicine has to be taken orally on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
- Do not chew or crush the medicine.
- Preferably take medicine at the same time each day as prescribed.
Interactions of Solonex Dt 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole: Antifungals (treats fungal infection)
- Fluoxetine, Sertraline: Antidepressants (treats depression)
- Theophylline (used in asthma)
- Phenytoin, Valproate (treatment of fits)
- *Solonex DT can modify the effect of the medicines listed above. Please inform your doctor if you are taking any medicine other than Solonex DT
Interactions with food items
- Solonex DT should not be taken with food. Take medicine on an empty stomach. Avoid consuming tropical fish, red wine and cheese and medicine to avoid serious side effects. In case you develop headache, dizziness, sweating, fast heartbeat or increase in blood pressure, call for medical help right away. Consult your doctor for more information....