Seradol 5mg Tab
By MANEESH PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Seradol is a prescription medication. It is an antipsychotic medication used to manage schizophrenia, Tourette’s Syndrome and behavioural disorders in children. The active component of Seradol is Haloperidol. Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder causing an altered perception of reality in patients, affecting how they feel, think and behave. They can present with hallucinations, delusions, altered perceptions, mood changes, and disorderly thinking: all of which can be debilitating. There are certain chemical messengers (neurotransmitters) and pathways in the brain that are thought to produce the symptoms of schizophrenia. Serotonin and Dopamine are two neurotransmitters indicated in the neurophysiology of schizophrenia. Antipsychotic medications affect brain pathways in different ways affecting the concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain, thereby helping to relieve symptoms. Tourette’s Syndrome is a developmental disorder in childhood and adolescence where symptoms include sudden, repetitive, involuntary movements called tics. Patients can have multiple motor tics and at least one vocal tic. These can include blinking, coughing, throat clearing, sniffing, and facial movements. Seradol tablets should be taken as recommended by your treating physician. It is advised to take the tablet at the same time every day. This ensures the best action of Seradol tablets, decreasing the chances of relapse of symptoms. It is also suggested to complete the entire course of the medication as prescribed by the treating physician. Abruptly stopping this medication can cause worsening of symptoms....
|You Save||₹2.15 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Tourette’s Syndrome, Severe behavioural disorders, and Hyperactivity in children|
|Side effects||Constipation, Dry mouth, Excessive salivation, Weight gain, Somnolence, Sedation, Urinary retention, Erectile dysfunction, oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea, Extrapyramidal symptoms|
Check more medicines with composition as Haloperidol(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Seradol 5 MG
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Severe Behavioural Disorders in children (combative, explosive hyperexcitability )
- Hyperactivity in children who do not respond to other medications. Hyperactivity presents as impulsivity, difficulty sustaining attention, aggressiveness, mood lability, and poor frustration tolerance....
Contraindications of Seradol 5 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to Haloperidol or any other components in this tablet.
- If you have Parkinson’s disease.
- If you have any condition causing CNS depression.
- If you have Dementia with Lewy body (a condition associated with specific protein deposits in the brain).
- If you have had a recent heart attack (myocardial infarction), heart failure, and cardiac rhythm abnormalities (arrhythmias).
- If you have uncorrected low potassium levels (hypokalemia).
- If you are an elderly patient with dementia-related psychosis.
- If you have a known seizure disorder.
- If you have hyperthyroid/thyrotoxicity.
Side effects of Seradol 5 MG
- Dry mouth,
- Excessive salivation,
- Weight gain,
- Urinary retention,
- Erectile dysfunction,
- Decreased frequency of menses or stoppage of menses (oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea).
- Extrapyramidal symptoms (movement disorder) like
- Slow movements,
- Stiffness of muscles,
- Stooped gait (stooped posture),
- Mask-like face.
Precautions and Warnings of Seradol 5 MG
Can I take Seradol during pregnancy?
Seradol is considered unsafe during pregnancy. It is a class C medication in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for more information. Inform your doctor regarding your pregnancy or intention to conceive.
Can I take Seradol while breastfeeding?
Seradol is considered unsafe during breastfeeding as it is excreted in breast milk. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Seradol ?
Driving and use of heavy machinery while using this medication is not recommended as it causes sleepiness, tremors, agitation, blurred vision and sedation.
Can I consume alcohol with Seradol ?
Consuming alcohol with this medication can cause serious side effects like seizures, sedation, respiratory depression, hallucinations and coma. It is strictly contraindicated.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of seizures or are taking any medications known to decrease seizure potential.
- You witness any mood changes or worsening of symptoms of schizophrenia.
- You take it alongside Seradol to rule out any debilitating medicine interactions.
Mode of Action of Seradol 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Haloperidol is a first-generation antipsychotic medication. The primary effects of haloperidol involve blockage of receptors affecting the chemical messenger or neurotransmitter called Dopamine. This exerts antipsychotic effects and helps control activities of excess neurological activity....
Directions for Use of Seradol 5 MG
- Take Seradol Tablets as prescribed by the treating physician.
- Take Seradol tablets on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- It is recommended to finish the full course of this medication as prescribed by your treating doctor.
- This medication can take up to 2-4 weeks of continued use for maximum efficacy to manifest.
Interactions of Seradol 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seradol Tablets should not be used with any medication that can cause abnormalities of heart rhythms, like certain antiarrhythmics, antibiotics, antifungals, antidepressants, cancer medications etc.
- It should not be used with medications that affect the enzyme system that metabolises haloperidol.
- It should not be mixed with other CNS depressants, like opioids, barbiturates, or alcohol, as it potentiates their neuro depressive effects.
- Haloperidol antagonises the effects of adrenaline.
- It decreases the BP-lowering effects of adrenergic blockers like guanethidine.
- It antagonises the effect of levodopa and other dopamine agonists.
Interactions with food items
- Seradol Tablets do not have any known interaction with food.
Storage and disposal of Seradol 5 MG
Store in a cool and dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Do not use Seradol tablets if it is beyond the date of expiration. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Do not flush the medication down the toilet. Dispose of it with biomedical waste only....
Dosage of Seradol 5 MG
Symptoms of overdose include severe extrapyramidal symptoms, tardive dyskinesia (a disorder of involuntary movements of the face, lips, trunk, and extremities), sedation, drop in BP, circulatory collapse, shock, severe respiratory depression, coma and even death. In case of a suspected overdose, rush to a tertiary care hospital with ICU facilities for further evaluation and management....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take the next dose as per your regular schedule. Do not double the dose of this medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I want to stop taking Seradol Tablets. What should I do?
A: To stop this Seradol, consult your doctor. They will gradually taper the dose and stop it appropriately. Sudden stoppage of this medication can cause withdrawal side effects.
Q: Since I started taking Seradol, I have gained weight and feel very bloated. Is this normal?
A: Discuss any side effects after use of the medicine with the prescribing doctor. Seradol is known to cause weight gain in users. Your doctor would be the best person to guide you on how to manage side effects.
Q: I was prescribed Serodol. I have also been having some memory problems. Will this tablet help?
A: Serodol does not have any direct action on improving memory. However, memory problems can indicate other conditions such as dementia, in which case it is not recommended to take Serodol. Always discuss all your symptoms with your doctor and take the medication as prescribed.
- Rahman S, Marwaha R. Haloperidol. [Updated 2022 Feb 7]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560892/
- Haloperidol Oral Solution BP 5 mg/5 ml - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 March 2022]. Available from:
Expires on or After