Nexito Forte Tablet
Nexito Forte Tablet Description
Nexito Forte is a prescription medication commonly used for various anxiety and mood disorders. It is a combination of two medicines: clonazepam (0.5 mg) and escitalopram (10 mg). Clonazepam is a tra
nquilliser, and it belongs to a class of benzodiazepines. Escitalopram is an antidepressant, and it belongs to the SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) class of medicines. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect how you feel, and it is always accompanied by major depressive disorder. The reasons behind it are mostly unknown. It can be caused by sudden triggers like stress, trauma, etc. Nexito Forte helps stabilise the mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. It can also cause a relaxing mood and sedation effect. The dose of Nexito Forte should be carefully monitored in everyone, especially in older people and patients with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause dependency and potential habit-forming. You should tell your doctor all the medication you are taking, as this medicine can interact with them and have undesirable side effects.
|Contains||Clonazepam(10.0 Mg) + Citalopram(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, weight gain, loss of appetite, low sexual desire, decreased orgasms, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Nexito Forte Tablet
- Anxiety disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Concentration difficulties
- Conditions causing dry mouth, as it increases salivation.
Contraindications of Nexito Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to any components of Nexito Forte.
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, they can interfere and can cause adverse reactions.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma.
- If you have liver disease.
Side effects of Nexito Forte Tablet
- Slow heart rate
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
- Low sexual desire
- Delayed ejaculation
- Decreased orgasms
- Influenza-like symptoms
- Menstrual disorders
- Decreased appetites
- Disclaimer - Most side effects are well tolerated if you take medicine in the exact dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. But, if you are experiencing these side effects persistently, consult your doctor....
Precautions and Warnings of Nexito Forte Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have bleeding issues or are on a blood thinner. Use Nexito Forte with caution as it can increase bleeding.
- You have a previous liver condition.
- You have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medicines.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements.
- You have a heart condition.
- You are using any medications like painkillers that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You have kidney disorders.
- You have any respiratory diseases, use this medicine with caution.
- The effects of the medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
- Not enough studies are done on this medicine’s safety in children below 18 years of age. Doctors might prescribe it if the benefits outweigh the risks.
Mode of Action of Nexito Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nexito Forte Tablet
- Take the Nexito Forte tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break the tablet or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Nexito Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc. It can cause some severe reactions.
- Be careful while using opiates or narcotic painkillers with Nexito Forte. It can increase the side effects.
- If you are using any anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as it can increase the effects of this medication.
- If you are using an anti-depression medication, do not use it without informing your doctor, as they can have severe reactions.
Interactions with food items
- Interactions with alcohol.
- Do not take Nexito Forte with alcohol. It can interfere with the effects of the medicine and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc.