Erytop Lotion 25ml
Erytop 3 % Description
Erytop lotion is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin which helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. Erytop is meant only for external applications and should
be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Erytop 3 %
Contraindications of Erytop 3 %
- If you are allergic to clindamycin or other ingredients present along with Erytop lotion.
- You may have a digestive disorder like inflammation of the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Erytop 3 %
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Erytop 3 %
Other General Warnings
- You are already using products to treat acne.
- Avoid applying Erytop lotion on the eyes, mouth and cuts or wounds on the skin, as caution should be exercised while applying medication around these areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised for such patients.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest discontinuing the treatment.
Mode of Action of Erytop 3 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Erytop 3 %
- Use the Erytop lotion as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of this gel and rub it gently and well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not apply the medicine to windburned or sunburned skin.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside of the nose.
- Wash your hands before and after using the Erytop lotion unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Erytop 3 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Erytop lotion is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. It may interact with other topically applied medicines. Inform the doctor if you are already on other topical medicines....
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Erytop 3 %
- Store Erytop lotion at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Erytop 3 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying Erytop lotion?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Avoid applying for medicine on windburned, sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.